• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SSX Interview, Game Renamed, Gets New Screenshots, Art Style, And Game Modes

Status
Not open for further replies.
sleepykyo said:
Crysis 2 was published by EA.
not that EA publishing a game for an independant developer has anything to do with the work of their internal teams, but Crysis 2 was about even between consoles in performance. not identical like some of their internally developed titles, but neither version was notably worse than the other.

also, whether this represents back tracking or not, i still like the sound of Deadly Descents mode, but i'm glad to see the other modes included too. looking promising.

StuBurns

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Crysis 2 was published by EA.
And both versions are basically fine, and are on par. However EA are just the publishing partner, they don't have control over product quality like they do with internal titles.

Orayn

soultron said:
So people were having an absolute shitfit over one mode.

Hilarious.
But you don't understand - THEY CHANGED IT. YOU CAN'T CHANGE THINGS! EVER!
I was pleasantly surprised when I read the interview where they talked about the other modes. It may be a bit of a stylistic shift, but it sounds like these guys have a lot of respect for the originals and just want to bring that gameplay + some new features to a new generation.

Sigh... Now if only we could get a new Snowboard Kids for XBLA/PSN or something.

soultron

Banned
Fantastical said:
I dig the character design. Seeing a bit of Uma Thurman. Interested to hear some of the voice work (though that probably won't be for a while) and see some of her Ubers.

Interestingly enough, I think the design is both very modern and very SSX. Her outfit is functional, but at the same time it's exaggerated with details like straps and carabiner loops. It's not crazy colorful or exaggerated like previous Elyse designs, but I think it appeals to those sensibilities in a small way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom