• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront coming in 2017, has new movie locations

Spacejaws

But...couldn't they just put more shit into the first one ala Battlefield 4?

If it ends up the same damn game with a reskin for new trilogy then it is already lost.

Dice you were the chosen one!

dex3108

I am waiting for Single Player SW game so for me this is disappointing. Visceral game is longer in development and yet it will be released after Battlefront Next.

Hikami

Cool. First was content light but I enjoyed it.

These are my thoughts on it. I enjoyed the game but didn't feel it was worth $60 because of the content (at launch anyways).

Going to wait it out this time and see if it's worth picking up near launch.

Zackat

Nobody wanted this

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

I think everyone wants an even better version of this beautiful game. Please.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm interested as I think the engine and the flair was great but beyond the SP complaints I thought the moment to moment gameplay in MP could use some work.

I get that you were suppose to kinda feel expendable like just no name dude/tte who was either a storm trooper or rebel. I just didn't feel like it translated well for me as someone who's liked FPS for a long time.

Maybe the sequal can fix this for me.

Considering how good the 2015 game was I can't wait to see what they do now that they don't have to build the game from scratch. Hopefully they'll keep the weapon system the same, at least not including attachments or any of that bullshit.

OmegaFax

It would make sense if they released a standalone sequel for 2017. Star Wars Rogue One feel like breathing room for the next thing. The last expansion pack for this iteration of Battlefront will probably be maps and characters from this upcoming movie.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
DICE had one shot at reviving Battlefront for me. They failed it.

Yep. Such a disappointment I'm afraid. Boring gameplay, just not a fun game and the overpriced season pass with garbage content drip fed to you.

Fooled me once. Not again. Battlefield 1 only for me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmm, was expecting another Battlefield by DICE LA instead.

Guessing they're going with Battlefront since it's multiplayer only, and probably more reasonable to make in two years.

I really enjoy Battlefront.

I know it's simple and whatever, but I like that about it. I don't really give that much a fuq about what's going on.

It's just about shooting lasers at everyone else, in Star Wars, and that's great.

Doesn't overcomplicate the whole thing for me, that's a big plus IMO. Also I like the way they handled the vehicles so true to their source material.

Kssio_Aug

I haven't bought the 1st one, cause it was expensive as f* where I live and I have too many games to play. But I sure enjoyed the beta, so I'm glad they're going to make a 2nd one! =)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Please have bots this time. A decent single player campaign would also be most welcome.

Tengrave

It just needs more content out the gate. If they could incorporate all the maps we have now as well we will have a solid foundation pre-season pass.

NightOnyx

I need a campaign or I won't consider buying this. Gameplay was pretty fun but there is only so much multiplayer I want to play. I also hope they expand to all the movies, or at least the new ones. I really want to play as Rey, Kylo, and Finn.

Stiler

Unless they actually put depth in the next one it's a no buy for me.

Got so tired of battlefront so quickly.

It's a nice looking game but that's about all it had going for it after playing for a few weeks and getting bored of it.

Well hopefully they make the combat and game modes have more depth than the first one. Sadly the game just did not have enough to keep me interested. Unless there's some pretty big changes in those departments I'll probably just stick with Battlefield 1.

Top Bottom