• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront coming in 2017, has new movie locations

The last DLC in the Season Pass is listed to release Early 2017. Give DICE more time to make a more complete game with actual space combat.

mjc

Assuming they fill the game out with content now that they have lots of assets cooked, I'm on board.

Woorloog

Banned
*shrug*

More and more i realize i'm no longer as big SW fan as i was.

I've really liked Battlefront during the time i've played it but probably won't bite on the second one. Though this will depend one whether there will be anything else interesting to play in 2017, and what exact improvements the game will have.

Absolutely not surprised though, about the year and the fact the sequel will have new film locations.

So will this one finally have space combat and singleplayer campaign of some kind, if not I ain't interested, you fooled me once EA and you won't again.

Maybe this one will launch with an acceptable amount of content and balance for a 60 dollar AAA game with a season pass on top of it. Or have the feature set of its 10 year old predecessor. I'm not holding my breath.

Good. Make a clean break from this pile of shit and do things right from the start with the next one. Classes, multiple spawns, no dumb fucking random card pickups.

This probably means that it will have the Battlefront 1 Content, but more right? I doubt they will really start from scratch again.

Cant wait to fight as Kylo Ren :D

Yoshi88

If they decide to finally incorporate the prequels (read: half of the SW universe, lore and settings) again, i might be interested. The 20th time playing Hoth and Tatooine in a game again just doesn't catch my interest anymore.

Campaign please. Maybe outsource it to somebody who can do it right?

No need for campaign really. Thats why we have Visceral and Respawn doing a SW game.

Unless they are able to rework the way the combat works and make it less shallow, do not want.

Ah still this BS "shallow" comments...
If the game is shallow, then every shooter must me shallow where you have to kill other players.

I played the beta and I felt the shooting was awesome. The game's problem was just how simple everything was. If the sequel can be improved on that front, then I might certainly buy it.

Not to get anyone too excited.

But the last survey which was very in depth, asked about players thoughts on ground to space flight, and mixing multiple era together.

Farsi

Would love a 5 on 5 hero deathmatch style mode along with a campaign.

Maul vs Luke and Rey vs Vader would be lit

RyanW

No need for campaign really. Thats why we have Visceral and Respawn doing a SW game.

If the game is shallow, then every shooter must me shallow where you have to kill other players.

Let's not do this again for the 100th+ time, please and thank you?

Warablo

I thought this was a given. Battlefield and Battlefront on a 2 year cycle. Though Battlefield probably gets a little more leeway on development time.

Are you really this dense?

Edit: Sorry I was in a mood, to expand; There certainly is a need for a campaign if they're gonna sip a game with content as light as Bf3 was. At the very least maybe have Galactic Conquest and a similar amount of features as its 10 year old predecessor? Other games having Star Wars campaigns doesn't change that especially if they're going to release the shell of a game that bf3 was and not change the price of it to reflect it.

There have been so, so, so many explanations why BF3 is shallow. Whether you agree or not and/or whether you enjoy the game despite it being shallow or not is irrelevant but I can only assume you're being stupid on purpose when you make an argument as asinine as "oh all multiplayer games have you kill people therefore all multiplayer games are shallow".

LowParry

Hopefully lessons have been learned about providing solid content this time around. Overall still love the current game.

MrHoot

Hahaha already ? After the first 110 dollar game that doesn't have all it's content yet ?

Better hope BF 2017 has the content of the first one, although knowing the fanbase they'll shell out money for even less

Wow. I thought they would just be adding more and more to the current game.

No thanks, they can fuck off.

You do realise they can do both right?

SP stuff for Battlefornt 1 is looking like an E3 reveal maybe.

more free MP DLC.

and then 3 more paid expansion packs still to come.

Enilced2

Give me space battles and a bit more content I'm happy. Game sold more than the first 2 battlefronts combined. Now that the base is complete I am sure we will probably see the same kind of leap from the original to it's sequel. And that base was no where near as solid .

Not gonna buy. Small amount of content first go round', and PC version dead in less than 2 months. Pass. They shoulda just thrown all this shit in with the season pass and shown some value to their customers.

MrGerbils

I'm up for it. Things I'd need to see though:

1) First, and this is a biiiig #1, much improved progression mechanics. I'm a sucker for carrot on a stick mechanics, and almost none of the unlocks were appealing to me in Battlefront. The way they unlocked wasn't great either.

This is the main reason I fell off playing. I liked the gameplay, it just didn't feel like I was doing anything or making any progress.

2) Some form of single player. Fine if it's just a bot campaign. But something that lets me get a handle on characters, classes, and vehicles without feeling like I'm wasting other people's time

3) Some classic trilogy stuff still present. I realize they're probably gonna lean heavy in to the new stuff, but they need to keep some of the nostalgia factor to keep this old man interested ;P

aOlafsson

Neo Member
When a game sells 14 million copies is always gonna get a sequel.

I'm optimistic DICE can learn from their mistakes and finally make the game we wanted originally.

I had fun with the first game, but I got it packed in with my PS4. I'm not sure I'd be as welcoming to it if I'd spent money on it. If the sequel doesn't have as much content as the original two games, I'll probably skip it unless it gets an insane discount down the line.

It's REALLY hard to justify spending $60 on a game that has less in it than it's predecessor from ten years ago.

Daft Punk

Banned

Please. Battlefront compared to the Battlefront games of old comes across as extremely shallow. I'll keep playing until BF1 comes out, but I wouldn't be surprised if people are more reluctant to buy BF2 day one.

Yea battlefront game play does nothing for me in multiplayer. It's a stunning looking game but very shallow. No campaign = no buy for me.

Fj0823

Clones and First Order.

Also,real heroes as DLC.

Actual SP content.

those are the only things I want. Its not that hard

Top Bottom