• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront coming in 2017, has new movie locations

You're lying to yourself if you're saying. "Oh man, awesome. I can't wait to buy another $60 game and $50 season pass when the first one easily could have accommodated this via DLC." This is more of a ridiculously priced expansion than a new game.

ViciousDS

Banned
cool.........so how much DLC is going to be made for the damn thing? $110 for a normal experience seems a little expensive on launch

You're lying to yourself if you're saying. "Oh man, awesome. I can't wait to buy another $60 game and $50 season pass when the first one easily could have accommodated this via DLC." This is more of a ridiculously priced expansion than a new game.
You don't even know what's included yet. Should COD and Battlefield releases be DLC only too?

papo

So they will make Battlefront into the next CoD and I bet they won't even bother adding all that stuff we really wanted.

I know the game sold a lot, but I wonder what it's activity is. Me and my friends all bought and none of us have touched it for months. I'm sure a lot of other people are the same.

I don't want starwars battlefield
Battlefront 1 and 2 were star wars battlefield, the new game was the least like any Battlefield. There are a whole host of problems to throw at BF3 that stick but being too much like Battlefield isn't one of them. Star Wars Battlefield would be an improvement at this point.

Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy eras only please. No Prequel crap.
Hopefully they don't listen to militant OT people who can't separate the films from other media and include variety for the sake of variety.

You don't even know what's included yet. Should COD and Battlefield releases be DLC only too?

If they were multiplayer only games, that didn't completely change their setting, guns, systems, vehicles etc then yes. This I can almost guarantee is going to be basically the same assets, then some slight changes for Force Awakens type content (New Trooper armor! and a few heroes). Not enough to justify and entirely new game. Especially when the first one they delivered was extremely content and mode light comparative to other entries in the series.

This is just going to fracture a community that hasn't even finished receiving content for the first game even more. The best move here would be a Taken king type thing ala Destiny. A complete edition for the first game and season pass, and then an additional charge for the new content. Expand your content, not separate it in this fashion.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I know other games do the same thing. But I still feel like Battlefront could be a whole hell of a lot better, if they kept building onto it, as opposed to starting all over with a new game.

Fulfill the season pass, and afterwards release large annual expansion packs, that join with the existing game, or can be played separately. Keep growing and evolving Battlefront. Add a single player campaign. Do expansions for the other movies. Make it into a monstrous online Star Wars fps collection. One that keeps gaining content instead of losing it upon hitting a reset button with a new release.

I dunno, it's just how I feel. This should be treated differently then the run of the mill CoD or Battlefield.

mileS

Thats like a slap in the face for the people that purchased the price of a new game seaon pass. What a joke that content has been. Esp the 'heroes'

The first one really didn't do it for me gameplay wise so I'm really hoping they do a better job next time

Watch it still not have proper space/aerial battles

I hope they have those this time. The game just felt so half assed to me. One of the biggest disappointments for me

I enjoy Battlefront (2015) so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I really want Clone Wars content, but I doubt it. It's probably focused on the new trilogy. Episode VIII is stated for a 2017 release, so it makes sense to release them around the same time for sales. Battlefront is fun, but it’s also lacking in a few areas, so along as they improve from this version it should be a decent game.

Nah. Prequel locations are more varied and would help offer a greater selection of maps

Oh look, someone else understands!

Excuse me for wanting Kamino and it's sterile cloning facilities contrasting with a raging storm outside the stilt cities or Utapau and it's amazing cities built on the inside of giant sink holes.

No, I'll just take another Jakku wasteland because the other two remind me of a movie I didn't like, creativity be damned.

The question is if the new Battlefront will include Episode 8 planets or not. Rogue One is a given, so at least the planet in that movie looks like it will be nice.

im sure the game will sell 10m+ again despite being absolute garbage. anything with star wars on it is nearly guaranteed to print money

Excuse me for wanting Kamino and it's sterile cloning facilities contrasting with a raging storm outside the stilt cities or Utapau and it's amazing cities built on the inside of giant sink holes.

No, I'll just take another Jakku wasteland because the other two remind me of a movie I didn't like, creativity be damned.

The question is if the new Battlefront will include Episode 8 planets or not. Rogue One is a given, so at least the planet in that movie looks like it will be nice.
Yeah, it makes no sense to me. I love The Force Awakens but adding another desert map, snow map and a jungle map when they'll probably use Yavin too would mean a lot less variety. The best solution would be a mix of sequel trilogy maps and prequel based maps.

Slythe

1. Please ditch the card system in favor of an old school class system. Would infinitely improve the game. If you insist on keeping the cards allow you to swap out cards mid match. Nothing worse than starting 15 minute match and realizing you forgot to bring a specific card along

2. Please fix flying such that you can rotate your ship clockwise and counter clockwise a la Battlefront 2

3. Bring backspace battles, just please

I'm stoked, just DON'T SPLIT THE AUDIENCE.

But this is splitting the audience and certainly you'll have another Season pass as well. They don't give two shits about the community.

I argued this to death when the first Battlefront was released. Prequels may not have been the best movies, but they make for great game content. The world building was quite good.

I'm stoked, just DON'T SPLIT THE AUDIENCE.

How can they not be splitting the audience when they're releasing another game with probably another season pass? If BF4 can't even get reliable numbers on its non-conquest premium maps, good fucking luck for the next Battlefront.

But this is splitting the audience and certainly you'll have another Season pass as well. They don't give two shits about the community.

I argued this to death when the first Battlefront was released. Prequels may not have been the best movies, but they make for great game content. The world building was quite good.
I argued it too but then you had militant OT nerds claiming the game would be better with less variety because the prequels fondled them as children or something and they couldn't separate the shitty writing with good game variety.

They definitely need some prequel characters for the next game instead of the so called "heroes" that only appeared in the original movies for like five seconds.

Bought it, played half a round, went back to Battlefield. It's just running around and pew-pewing. There's like no game, just Star Wars audiovisuals. If the sequel is just more of that, then no thanks. That was cool for about as long as the beta lasted.

Seriously? They haven't even rolled out all the season pass DLC for the other one yet and they're already releasing another one next year? What a money grab holy shit.

There aren't any physical props or locations to scan in with photogrammery. It's a lot of work for shitty films.

1) The films are irrelevant
2) If they're charging $60 + a season pass for a mp only game again I don't think it's too much to ask for them to create some new assets, especially when they at least have finished designs to work with which is more than most developers can say.

So much salt for an announcement for a sequel that is 2 years after the first game. If you don't like it fine, but obviously there are millions of people who do want another game in the franchise. Like how far apart should the games be released if two years isn't enough time?

So much salt for an announcement for a sequel that is 2 years after the first game. If you don't like it fine, but obviously there are millions of people who do want another game in the franchise. Like how far apart should the games be released if two years isn't enough time?

The problem isn't the announcement itself, it's that BF3 was already rushed and crunched for dev time and it doesn't even have the content that Battlefield 4 or Battlefront 2 had at launch yet.

Top Bottom