• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 trailer

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
With CG like this, who needs gameplay?

Duel of Fates gets me every time. Every. Time.

Apath

Cinematic was very high quality, and I agree with whoever said it: that scene in the dark was better than anything in the prequel movies.

I thought the first was a fucking blast. Refine the gameplay and this will be a great title to pass the time between big releases. Also needs a cheap vs mode.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Andrex said:
With CG like this, who needs gameplay?

Duel of the Fates is in fact the best thing to come out of the prequel trilogy.

Despite the overall nonsense prevalent in the trailer, the CG was fantastic. I probably got more entertainment value from this than I will from the game itself (assuming I bother this time).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It's an impressive looking trailer but it's nothing like the game. I wish you could just slice Stormtroopers up like that but as we know the shitty baseball bat lightsaber from the first game is returning. The disconnect between what you expect to happen (people dying from one hit, limbs being lopped off) is going to be even greater with double lightsabers. No sale.

What's the story behind this? Have they added a canon of some sort?

I seem to remember my player dieing at the end of the first one. I think they ended up using his symbol as a symbol for the rebels or something.

S1kkZ

Liara T'Soni said:
What's the story behind this? Have they added a canon of some sort?

I seem to remember my player dieing at the end of the first one. I think they ended up using his symbol as a symbol for the rebels or something.
vader cloned him because he wanted another apprentice...
makes sense, i know.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
CG was rad. Reviews tore me away from the first game. Hope this improves.

Raiden

Banned
Amazing CGI-action, but it feels dumbed down. Vader asking a couple of of troopers to kill an elite force user? Also multiple drones and troopers being fed to starkiller just to show of some cool shit.

Maybe there is a twist that vader is testing him etc, blabla. But damn, awesome trailer though.

JohngPR

I know the first game gets a lot of flack, but I really enjoyed it. More than anything, I thought the jump mechanic and the platforming was very lackluster, but the rest of the gameplay was quite good. Ok well, the Star Destroyer part was also kind of bad, but still. :lol

That trailer just made me hyped for the game. TFU showed a lot of potential and it stands a chance of realizing that potential here. As far as making him a clone, that's pretty much the only way they can bring him back.

I guarantee you that they won't be killing this one off though in case they make a third one. LOL

CGI trailers have all but lost their point on me, aside from exposition reasons. The plot & continuity issues ....cloning...right. This first remains a flawed favorite, I'm looking forward to playing.

Raistlin

gibration said:
Makes me wish they would make a movie with that quality of CGI.

Was it even CGI entirely?

Because I recognize the actor :lol Go watch Season 8 of Smallville :p

http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Sam_Witwer

Samwitwer.jpg

Darklord

Banned
The robots were a bit shit. They didn't look like something from Star Wars, really. Other than that cool trailer. Is it worth going back and playing the first? I haven't heard to much praise for it.

geebee

Banned
Holy shit! Clones!...

CG was pretty awesome. They need to ditch that ugly Clone Wars bullshit and make a movie with this style and quality.

Router said:
Im guessing Vader let him go to set up a Battle Royale with him and his Clone Sith... Whoever wins gets to be his new Apprentice.

That better be the reason; otherwise it's shitty writing.

Andrex said:

When the Episode I soundtrack came out in '99 I probably listened to Duel of the Fates more than any other music track ever released... of the ever. It really had me so pumped for the Darth Maul fight. And unlike many, I actually liked the prequels so... it was a great experience :lol

mysticwhip said:
Really nice CG, too bad the gameplay will look nothing like that.

How could it :lol

The first game looked good. It played like horse shit, but it looked good. Visuals were not a problem. If this game looks slightly better and has better gameplay and less bugs, and more content, it will be great.

Zenith

Banned
Safe Bet said:
He's obviously manipulating him.

Vader is a pupil of Sidious.

Do not forget...

they'll most likely go for the unconvincing option that Vader let him escape so he would lead them to the Rebellion.

spats

Incredible cgi trailer. Played through TFU on the psp but will have to get the home console version of this if it turns out good.

Zenith said:
they'll most likely go for the unconvincing option that Vader let him escape so he would lead them to the Rebellion.

Most likely. Force Unleashed is not really good story telling in the least.

It's like Micheal Bay presents Star Wars

Top Bottom