• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Lucky’s Tale launches November 8 on Switch

Mista

Banned

New Super Lucky’s Tale will launch for Switch worldwide on November 8, developer Playful Studios announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Nintendo.com:
About

Leap into a playful platforming adventure for all ages!

Run, jump, climb incredible heights, burrow deep underground, overcome enemies, and explore amazing worlds on an epic quest to rescue the Book of Ages from the mysterious Jinx and his nefarious Kitty Litter!

Key Features

• Experience an incredible variety of gameplay, ranging from 3D open-world hubs to story-based adventure levels to 2D side-scrolling challenges, rewarding mini-games, mind-bending puzzles, thrilling boss battles, and a memorable cast of characters!
  • A true love letter to classic 3D platformers, with hundreds of collectibles to gather, tons of rewarding secrets to unlock, and an entire wardrobe of costumes for the stylish adventurer!
  • New Super Lucky’s Tale features all new levels, story, cinematics and character dialogue, tighter movement and player controls, a fully rotatable 3D camera, and sweet upgrades to nearly every other aspect of the game, including art and lighting, UI, sound, music, and more!
Gematsu

Banned
I enjoyed the VR version, though without that mechanic, the game seems like a pretty by-the-numbers platformer. Nothing about it stood out.

quickwhips

Kids like good games too.
Lol it is a good game. I don’t get why your hating on a fun game. I mean there is no a sexual or transexual agenda in this game. 😂

Handling felt way too floaty and a bit off in the Xbox version, wasn't that great a game. Hopefully they at least tweak the controls for this release.

I notice the distinct lack of the word DLC, by which I mean this release should have all DLC, no?

Call me cynical, but this game is typical of how Xbox Game Pass will make money for MS. Release a base game and charge 5 euros/dollars/pounds a piece for DLC levels. I say this because of the achievements it adds to completionists having to fork out for 100% complete.

They've cheekily named it "New" Super Lucky's Tale as well, to avoid having to call it The Definitive Edition or something. Which means they can charge you for the very same DLC as on Xbox.

Shit, isn't it.

I would have played the GP edition until I realized what they were doing.

Also got burnt out on Yooka-Laylee.

Saber

Gold Member
Lol it is a good game. I don’t get why your hating on a fun game. I mean there is no a sexual or transexual agenda in this game. 😂

May I ask your point with this?

As far I remember this game was considered a bad plataformer because of camera problems, some cheap deaths due to level design and control issues. I don't think going to Switch gonna make the game play better. Unless those issues were fixed.

Give us Ori, not this mediocre game.
We've got enough 2D platformers, thanks. It may not be a Mario Odyssey, but still a decent game for the kids and to even those of us itching for another 3D 90s platform fix, after already going through Odyssey, Yooka Laylee, Hat in Time and Poi.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

That was just random......

May I ask your point with this?

As far I remember this game was considered a bad plataformer because of camera problems, some cheap deaths due to level design and control issues. I don't think going to Switch gonna make the game play better. Unless those issues were fixed.
Funny enough, they actually are. Probably still won't be anything great, but it could potentially be a decent game now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom