• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Footage/Trailer !

JC?
Fighting+Christ+051110.jpg

Gunloc said:
Julia Chang.

I thought it was an actual new character for a second. :(
Not sure if you have been keeping up with it all, but Julia is believed to be the new wrestler female from the trailer. She will be a completely different character that will be similar in name only...if it turns out to be Julia.

abstract alien said:
Not sure if you have been keeping up with it all, but Julia is believed to be the new wrestler female from the trailer. She will be a completely different character that will be similar in name only...if it turns out to be Julia.
I know about wrestler Julia. I was hoping it was someone we didn't know about.

Now new speculation can begin on that panel above Law...

EDIT: I also noticed that Jin is subbing for Paul in Law's previously seen tag throw. So I guess a bunch of the tag throws will be universal and then maybe some characters will have special ones...

Degen

One thing I think we can agree on is that Tekken 6 has the best neutral fighting stances ever.

Looks like Jinpachi and Ogre(?) are making a comeback as well, based on that magazine.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I didn't think rage was a gimmick. It was tweaked quite a bit before it's final form in T6BR.

It was ridiculous in vanilla T6, however, lol!

"Netsu" (as the Americans call it) from TTT is said to make a return in some way/form... I was down with that. Except for the fact that not all characters/partners can benefit from it.

DrDogg

I hope rage does not make a return, but if it does, I hope it's limited to console only with the option to turn it off. Doing this gives the casuals the option to play with rage on, while the hardcore will stick to arcade settings and leave it off. Everyone wins...

DrDogg said:
I hope rage does not make a return, but if it does, I hope it's limited to console only with the option to turn it off. Doing this gives the casuals the option to play with rage on, while the hardcore will stick to arcade settings and leave it off. Everyone wins...
Speaking of optional settings... what's the deal with block damage in Tekken games? Is that an option in Arcade as well?

DR2K

Banned
DrDogg said:

Rage is something you balance around. Not something you should turn on and off. A comeback mechanic will be put in place in some form though.

DrDogg

DR2K said:
Rage is something you balance around. Not something you should turn on and off. A comeback mechanic will be put in place in some form though.

I'm fine with something like netsu, but I don't like the fact that you can be dominating a match, then the opponent gets rage and you have to be super careful or you'll lose. How do you "balance around" that?

If I'm at 70% and my opponent drops into rage, one combo can kill me. Wait, let me rephrase that. One hop kick, which crushes all lows and in many cases highs as well, will kill me.

It makes no sense for the dominating player to be forced to completely change how he's playing just because the opponent is low on life. It makes even less sense for the losing player to be able to mount a comeback off of a single lucky guess (we can debate the skill required to land a hop kick at a later time).

_dementia said:
Speaking of optional settings... what's the deal with block damage in Tekken games? Is that an option in Arcade as well?

I don't know if all Tekken arcade games have this option, but I've definitely seen it in the arcade settings.

Degen said:
One thing I think we can agree on is that Tekken 6 has the best neutral fighting stances ever.

Looks like Jinpachi and Ogre(?) are making a co_meback as well, based on that magazine.

Nope, that goes to VF5:R and FS. They're always doing something different in their neutral stances each round. The only T6 character's that have heavy animation to their neutral stances are Bob, Migz, Zafina(so awesome) and Drago come to mind. A lot of the cast are stiff as hell. But forget that, Tekken always had the best epic backgrounds. So much shit going on at times, is crazy.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
ShinobiFist said:
Nope, that goes to VF5:R and FS. They're always doing something different in their neutral stances each round. The only T6 character's that have heavy animation to their neutral stances are Bob, Migz, Zafina(so awesome) and Drago come to mind. A lot of the cast are stiff as hell. But forget that, Tekken always had the best epic backgrounds. So much shit going on at times, is crazy.

Yo, Lei has the best stance/neutral animations of all time.

Law in T6 too.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I honestly think, Lei in T6 > Shun Di... It's amazing how much they've added in terms of animation and transitions.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Story-wise, apparently the Zaibatsu found a anti-aging cure or something, that explains Heihachi's younger look.

Excuse me while I snicker in the corner over there. :lol

twinturbo2 said:
Story-wise, apparently the Zaibatsu found a anti-aging cure or something, that explains Heihachi's younger look.

Well that's pretty good for future Tekken games.
They won't have to cryogenically freeze female characters like they did with Tekken 3 to avoid portraying any woman over the age of 30.

Ageist bastards!

Dali

twinturbo2 said:

Why the hell are they even trying to explain this? The original didn't try to explain why Michelle appeared to be the same age as her daughter or how the once dead Jun was alive and only slightly older than her son... or how the thought-dead Baek is not only okay, but - just like Jun - appears not to have aged a day in the 15 years since the second Tekken tournament. No one cared because they got to play characters that were sorely missed from Tekken 3 (specifically Jun for me).

AAK

Relax guys, this TTT2 story isn't canon. :lol

I mean, even law looks like his Tekken 2 self.

But man, I need some direct feed media now! My eyes hurt from trying to figure out what that is in the picture above Law's character CG. Looks like Yoshi, but can't be sure.

EDIT: Actually, now that Namco is trying to get a permanent replacement for Daisuke's voice for Heihachi, maybe they are trying to put a canonical spin on Heihachi's age just for logistic and VA purposes?

Ah well, I'm cool with it :) He truly looks boss.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
AAK said:
Relax guys, this TTT2 story isn't canon. :lol

I mean, even law looks like his Tekken 2 self.
That's what I'm assuming, that Tag 2 is a gaiden game. But then again, with pandas and kangaroos fighting against alien gods and robots, I guess reality is something that the world of Tekken isn't familiar with.

Top Bottom