• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RidgeRacer Team & Tekken Team Fusion (Tekken Racers & Ridge Tournament)

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/180428/2

Mr. Harada:
 As a result, it is up to the Griigly "Tekken 5 DARK RESURRECTION" (hereinafter "Tekken 5 DR")as we were evaluated as a benchmark. Is it around 2006? Originally "Tekken 5" is the title based on PlayStation 2, "Tekken 5 DR" is the time when transplant to PSP, that is, the height of backward compatible transplant technology was highly appreciated in the West.

And since myself who was a PC gamer since the 1990s likes the latest one, I used FPS as a benchmark completely at that time.

── In that process, you should have found the next way.

Mr. Harada:
 At that time, there were several ways in the company to survive as development.
 One is "mega game". This isto make games like theso-called"Grand Theft Auto" series, or something like FPS, with a large amount of human beings spending a lot of development costs. I thought, "If the teams in each company's title are together, you can do something great."

For example, it might be possible to develop titles of mega-like ideas such as "Ridge Racer" team at the time, " Ace Combat"team and "Tekken" team to make together. This should have been thought by any manufacturer.

─ ─ But it can not be realized anywhere.

Mr. Harada: I
 notice it here at last - ─ ─ Each development department has made so many games, but there is no common know-how .

Although it was famous in the industry as "a place where Namco of the time produces an excellent developer" (laugh), though I thought that "Namco is a dojo" as such a measure, in fact, in a dojo where a signboard is the only one Rather, for each development team, the school was too different like "I am a cheat sickle", "I am a gun", "I am Iwayzi".
 It was said that he was actually an artist thought that he was the same martial artist. "This is a terrible difference in schools", "Organizational culture and schools are different".

Moreover, I do not have middleware and engines to connect between organizational cultures or melt boundaries. I did not have a common language . At this point some Japanese manufacturers already had engines that can be shared within their company, but we were not.

So I could not do a way to put the team together in such a way. After all, know-how was not entire development, it was only individual know-how.
 As mentioned earlier, each team was a culture made from scratch from Ichiro. However, we abandon our field of specialty called fighting games and suddenly fall into the loop of impossible ... even if saying "Let's do FPS".

─ ─ surely it is. Even if it is told that "Do something with the" Ridge "team and" Tekken "team, I can not imagine it. It is hard to find the sense of size as a business.

2861597-harada+tekken.jpg

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Makes me think about Tekken Bowling and Tekken Ball.

A collaborative project is a great idea, but hopefully the idea pays off and isn't forgotten about.

So they have discovered what is Shenmue, how it works, who made it and what games in many genres were made by these people... cool for them!

I hope it'll end better for themselves.

I'm surprised they didn't do it. Or it could have been something like first stage is one round T fighting, then RR racing to the next fight, then AC fly to next race and so on. I would have loved an arcade mashup like that.

Top Bottom