• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

Niks

While you may not notice the level of detail in the cars and tracks while driving in normal gameplay, you will see it in replays and in Photo mode where you can study the images up close.

Well, I can understand the reasoning behind this... but a wall of 2d trees?? They are going to get roasted for this.

thelastword

Banned
PcqnpB4.jpg

This is the best IQ I've seen in a console racer, jaggies are no where to be seen. Seems to be supersampled on top of a top notch AA solution. If they lock this at 60fps, it's a wrap...

This is the best IQ I've seen in a console racer, jaggies are no where to be seen. Seems to be supersampled on top of a top notch AA solution. If they lock this at 60fps, it's a wrap...

If it isn't a straight up bullshot, it's definitely not gameplay either. It won't have anywhere near that IQ in gameplay.

Hmmm...I dunno, I’m optimistic, seems very promising so far. Like your racers really matter, like a lot.

I mean, if you are really good, this could be the gateway to a career in motorsports? That’s kinda cool...

The Order was a visual showpiece, and it after a few hours of googling, you get over it. I’m not sure why people are so hung up on how an unfinished game looks right now, I thought everything else was more important.

I would be more concerned about the handling, sounds, gameplay and stuff. So far, everyone is just focusing on visuals and a trailer they didn’t like.

thelastword

Banned
If it isn't a straight up bullshot, it's definitely not gameplay either. It won't have anywhere near that IQ in gameplay.

Those are obviously bullshots in regards to IQ.

Marketing bullshots. They've been making thse since the dawn of gaming.
Yeah saw some jaggies on the trailer, but I'm thinking the final game will have a pretty impressive AA solution since many first party games had some very good ones, recently UC4.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm assuming this is going to be 1080 60 full stop? Like Forza 5 and 6, there are going to be compromises.

People want these kind of framerates, you have to be prepared for sacrifices somewhere. Hopefully they are non obtrusive and framerate stays solid unlike GT5 and 6

Gestault

Considering the angled camera and watermark, I'd be inclined to think those are photo mode.

I hope this isn't the paint/vinyl shader they use, because it isn't getting the job done.

Trojan X

Banned
That is the Shotokou highway in Tokyo. Practically drive on it every week or so. Someone mentioned there is a scene in the trailer that was shibuya crossing but it wasn't. So glad they put the highway there for the Shotokou highway is practically Ridge City, which is why i love driving fast on there when i getthe chance.

Granted it was a poor trailer, wrong music and all. However, the most insanely important aspect of thw trailer is how gorgeous the in-game graphics action looks! Finally. Before, it was only in the replays the graphics look great for never before the in game action matched that. Now the in game looks brilliant so that is an incredibly important element for me.

Now the next task is how FUN will the game because the prior games were boring. Not interested in GT if it ends up another snooze fest. This is Polyphony's biggest challenge for me.

Shaneus

Considering the angled camera and watermark, I'd be inclined to think those are photo mode.

I hope this isn't the paint/vinyl shader they use, because it isn't getting the job done.
Not wanting to shit on games here or there (or start any wars) but that's comparable to Forza 4's Autovista. Which was good, but had similar texture issues.

There's still six months to put things right with the visuals, of course, but at this stage (and two current-gen Forza Motorsports later), it's disappointing to see Polyphony delivering a build without significantly more polish. And if I didn't know any better, I'd wonder if the developer – and Sony – is counting on PlayStation Neo to really make GT Sport shine...
Oh man ...

benzy

He played yesterday's build. Wondering how impressions are for the new build they brought today.

dualbanned said:
For instance, the build that was available at the event yesterday night was an earlier build compared to the new one that is being aired today. “huge improvements” are being made.

That said, the game was already running at full 60 frames per second at today’s event, with frame rate and performance that definitely looked nice and stable.

On top of that, we also learned that the game’s professional difficulty is extremely challenging.

Metfanant

I'm already starting to resent the PS4 Neo and it's not even out yet. If God of War 4 and GT Sport are lacklustre graphical and technical showpieces on the standard PS4, I will be seriously pissed.

This has nothing to do with the Neo really..nothing at all.

Luq

Oh man ...

It's not THAT bad. I've played for couple of hours and wasn't blown away, but it was just decent looking game. Mind the fact it's an early build - there was zero car damage, lightining was kinda bugged etc and it's subject to change in coming months.

Does it look better than console version of Assetto Corsa (had a chance to play it week ago) - hell no. Does it look better than Driveclub? Ofc not. It's closer to console Dirt Rally in terms of textures I would say.

nib95

Banned
This has nothing to do with the Neo really..nothing at all.

I hope not. But if it ends up being the case that because of the Neo and VR, Sony first party are getting stretched thin with respect to optimisations and development focus, then like I said, I'll be seriously annoyed. We've already seen technical showpieces and big generational leaps in games like Shadowfall, InFamous Second Son, Driveclub and Uncharted 4. If new releases like God of War 4, GT Sport etc start dropping the ball, I can't help but think the PS4 Neo might be partly responsible.

GHG

I'm already starting to resent the PS4 Neo and it's not even out yet. If God of War 4 and GT Sport are lacklustre graphical and technical showpieces on the standard PS4, I will be seriously pissed.

PD's mismanagement of the franchise has nothing to do with the PSneo. PS Neo won't suddenly fix things like the physics and sounds.

nib95

Banned
PD's mismanagement of the franchise has nothing to do with the PSneo. PS Neo won't suddenly fix things like the physics and sounds.

I'm talking about the one area GT has always led the way, graphics. Also, I doubt physics will be a sore point. That's another area GT has always been competent.

farisr

I'm talking about the one area GT has always led the way, graphics. Also, I doubt physics will be a sore point. That's another area GT has always been competent.

Yeah, I personally don't see what exactly is wrong with the driving physics. Collision physics, sure, but the actual driving model/physics, I really like.

Top Bottom