• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for FURIOSA : A Mad Max Saga

SJRB

Gold Member

GJC7ZudaoAA6nBM

Some shots look outrageously bad with the green screen effect, but overall looks okay? I guess?

Not really sure. Every second of this pisses me off that it isn't just a new Mad Max movie. Also, Charlese Theron was so cool in Fury Road and I feel that this kinda ruins it.

Last edited:

INC

Looks dumb fun, I'm down, it knows it's ridiculous and goes with it

Shaved head looks horrific tho.

As for green screen the movie, yeh I get it, but could be worse, could be the crow reboot

Why do they always have to pick the most basic songs possible?... David Bowie and (I guess) Nirvana have other songs, you know?

Anyway, I feel like Furiosa works better as a character the more ambiguous she is.

Sometimes explaining or expanding on a character is not the best idea.

But I hope it's good, I guess.

Puscifer

Did anyone even enjoy Furiosa as a character enough to want her own movie? Everyone in Mad Max (to me at least) were always vehicles to drive the plot; we saw what happened in 3 when it was so weird it halted the franchise for 20 years and I feel like that's about to happen again.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think George Miller moving away from this aesthetic (tangible and natural)

MV5BMjMxMDQxMDAyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcxMTM2NTE@._V1_.jpg

to high contrast colors, with a ton of cgi (a trend that started with fury road) is such a downgrade.
George Millar is like 90 years old, I'm just shocked he even knows what cgi is.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Be grateful he's still in good health and at least making (mostly) good movies. Looks like good fun to me but the criticism of the visual downgrade is real.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
GJC7ZudaoAA6nBM

I didn't even realize Charlize Theron wasn't starring in this until I saw this image and thought, "Huh, something about this looks off."

Yeah, no thanks.

Mad Max movies dont need coherent universe or continuing narrative...thats what makes then mad max movies...they are spaghetti westerns. Im not even fond of side character movies...but did it have to be immortan joe...it should have just been some other baddie, someone new....and it shouldnt have tied in with fury roads narrative. The mind should always be filling in the blanks.

should have hired some of the actors from fury road to return..and maybe even thunderdome...and have them play completely different characters

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Who asked for this? Even when I read how they wanted to make it, I was like... wtf-why? We want to see Madd Maxx, not fucking, Furiosa. Shit, they know they have to attach the Madd Maxx name to this in order to give it some type of signal boost, luckily that trailer looked alright... But, this looks like a one and done...(maybe) We'll see. I won't see in the theaters, but I will when it drops on Streaming platforms.

This will probably be a B movie next to Fury Road’s A+, but I’ll still have fun watching it in theaters for the car explosions and lore.

CGNoire

God I always hated the name Furiosa. Its such a Lesbian Try Hard "Im just as Tuff as the Boys" name.

And who da fuck asked for a Furiosa orgin story. I barely remember her.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mad Max movies should star Mad Max, ideally.

But maybe George Miller didn’t have enough gas in the tank at his advanced age to do another ambitious new vision and cripplingly difficult production. This way he gets to extend what he already did with Fury Road.

Yoda

Why was there such a long delay between this and Fury Road? Are we actually getting another Mad Max (you know with max) in it at some point?

Toots

Gold Member
I guess everything hinges on George Miller's ability to direct car action scenes.
He never failed on that part so im cautiously optimistic.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Please be good please be good please be good please be good.

I loved Fury Road -- so I've got pretty high expectations for this.

StueyDuck

GJC7ZudaoAA6nBM

Some shots look outrageously bad with the green screen effect, but overall looks okay? I guess?

Not really sure. Every second of this pisses me off that it isn't just a new Mad Max movie. Also, Charlese Theron was so cool in Fury Road and I feel that this kinda ruins it.

Oof way to much Greenscreen and cg in this trailer.

Yes I know fury road obviously had green screen and cg but it was shot more practically.

Hopefully this is just an early trailer and the vfx still need to be cleaned up

StueyDuck

God I always hated the name Furiosa. Its such a Lesbian Try Hard "Im just as Tuff as the Boys" name.

And who da fuck asked for a Furiosa orgin story. I barely remember her.
To be fair

Its mad max but female, it would be silly if they called it angry Anna or furious felicity. Furiosa is a fair enough compromise

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Why was there such a long delay between this and Fury Road? Are we actually getting another Mad Max (you know with max) in it at some point?

Miller wrote, produced and directed the fantasy movie "Three Thousand Years of Longing" two years ago.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Mad Max movies should star Mad Max, ideally.

But maybe George Miller didn’t have enough gas in the tank at his advanced age to do another ambitious new vision and cripplingly difficult production. This way he gets to extend what he already did with Fury Road.
In a fair world, Fury Road would have made a billion at the box office and we would have gotten a sequel immediately. While he still had some fire and Theron wouldn't have to be recast. Aging sucks :(

hlm666

This will mostly likely be the last Mad Max and its such a shame to leave this world with this cgi turd as your final movie.
Good, fuck em. Sick of these movies ever since part 2 pretending the car wasn't a major part of the appeal. Traded the v8 interceptor for fucking trucks, may aswell watch ice road truckers.

Top Bottom