• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer for The Division (3 minutes)

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm torn between getting this for PS4 or PC.
I'd prefer PC because I have a very good gaming PC (980ti) and I'm a sucker for graphical fidelity.
I haven't played any Ubisoft/Uplay title multiplayer in years, could somebody tell me, how good is Ubisoft usually in countering cheating on PC in the MP sections of their games? I don't wanna buy the PC version and be confronted with aimbot kiddies all the times... So do you think it is more save to go with PS4 from my perspective..?

Well if you go into every PC game with the mindset that anyone might be a cheater and so on, you will start to see them everywhere, even when there is in fact none.

It will most likely be heavily server sided (at least for most things) so I would not worry about this now.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Not followed this at all since the reveal. Looks like it took a downgrade since then, unfortunately.

We'll see. Holding out for the Beta on PC.

World in Conflict was amazing on a technical level. (Still holds up, just booted it up today).

Also, most of the effects, we know are still in.

The lit particles and volumetric smoke are still in, as are all the screen space reflections and bokeh DoF.

The Global Illumination system is still up in the air though.

I think with the enhanced IQ that comes with resolution and AA, the game will be pretty spot on, at least on PC. And even on PS4 I expect it to look great, albeit with reduced IQ.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I take it you haven't been following ink MGSV?

For a game that is 100% online it's definitely something to consider.

Well the only thing they protected against editing is the microtransaction money thing. The rest is up for grabs.

And that is why MGSV:O will probably be a shitfest on PC unless they change it.

Ubisoft however, I have not encountered cheaters. Not even in Siege.

Guys, this is yours!

A3KWF3EGZMXZ

1. Go to the following website: www.thedivisiongame.com/beta
2. Log in with your Uplay account or register a new account
3. Select the platform on which you want to play the beta
4. Enter and redeem the code provided to secure your guaranteed Beta access
5. From beta start day, you will receive your download code or PC access by email

:)

Bl@de

I take it you haven't been following ink MGSV?

For a game that is 100% online it's definitely something to consider.

Only a quick question (don't want to derail this thread).

Is this a problem if I only play singleplayer? Sure hope not (with invasions and all that stuff). Have the game on my wishlist and if that's a problem I'd like to know it.

Mifec

The Code was valid.

But there is a new key:

JY3WC17ZJEYI

5. From beta start day, you will receive your download code or PC access by email

Got it, thank you.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Not sure what the situation with posting leaks from the alpha is, but you can find a bunch if you really want to see it.

I saw all the leaked links posted, and caught one of the videos, which is why I'm so surprised they have this game on lockdown, it's even better than how that last Assassin's Creed ran at launch.

The Code was valid.

But there is a new key:

JY3WC17ZJEYI

"YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO REDEEM TOO MANY INVALID CODES IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN 10 MINUTES. NEXT"

Not sure why i'm having issues. Is it region based?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Only a quick question (don't want to derail this thread).

Is this a problem if I only play singleplayer? Sure hope not (with invasions and all that stuff). Have the game on my wishlist and if that's a problem I'd like to know it.

For MGSV; Set steam to Offline and you got nothing to worry about. Only online component is the FOB aspect, but its bad and being online slows down your loading time.

As for The Division its always online, but fully playable solo, and you can NOT be killed unless you enter marked PvP areas. You will be notified when doing so.

ViciousDS

Banned
The Code was valid.

But there is a new key:

JY3WC17ZJEYI

use the email tag when giving away any codes. There are more leechers and bots that monitor the forums faster then any user. They grab the key and instantly use it.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I just realized something

lol

NeoGaf > Internet > NeoGaf
Yup. Hit GAF long before other sites hit up on it.
Preorder guarantees access right? I'll just place one on Amazon then.

At least on Steam it does (You get "The Division" and "The Division - Beta" added to the library), i assume its the same for Amazon, however they give a code you need to use in order to register.

zeorhymer

I've watch the vids and all that jazz and I really want to jump into this game day 1, but I can't seem to do it. It's great that there's co-op PvE type missions, but that's all in prep for "end game" PvP content. The idea of collecting the best gear and then just being ganked right by the extraction point by higher level folks isn't my cup of tea.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Which one of you said "my ready is body" in the comments

My pre-order is ready, its 2016 after all.

VRxaLqf.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Was already pre-ordering and picking up on release day and after that video, im even more hyped. Early 2016 is stacked for me. Woohoo!!! :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Any information which platform is it available on?

X1/PS4/PC - Also unconfirmed.

Expect more info to hit this or next week about the beta.

Also worth noting from steam;

Standard Edition
Pre-order now and get your guaranteed Closed Beta access* + a unique digital content: the Hazmat Gear Set.

*Please note the guaranteed access to the beta depends on the availability in each territories.

Gold Edition
Pre-order Tom Clancy’s The Division Gold Edition now to get a guaranteed beta access and a unique additional gear set at a lower price.

There might be more Beta's heading out way.

So is this an endless game like Destiny or does it have a defined start and end point?

I'd like it to be good tbh but I'm feeling kinda burned out on Destiny and it's ilk.

SRTtoZ

To me, this game comes down to how it plays. If the shooting mechanics are well done then i'ts most likely a day 1 purchase for me.

Top Bottom