• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tribes Ascend Screenshots and article from Kotaku.

mil6es

PuppetSlave said:
I don't know. I still feel betrayed after the buggy disaster that tribes 2 was... I kept trying and trying too with the different patches and getting the game working for a whole 20 minutes now and then. I was a poor student back then so it was a pretty significant amount of money too.

whaaaaa..... what game was you playing?? 2 is the best tribes out there

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
I know this isn't a popular opinion, but for some, who patiently waited it out with Tribes 2 until it did stabilise and have many issues sorted out, and were able to eventually play it, Tribes 2 provided some awesome gameplay, and there were certainly enough that did for good serious league play.

Of course pubbies were always a different matter, Tribes 1 & 2 were always best played in a clan/league situation IMO anyway.

mil6es said:
whaaaaa..... what game was you playing?? 2 is the best tribes out there

Yeah I loved the team-based online game play but it hanged all the freaking time. I am not exaggerating when I say 20 minutes of game play now and then was what I got.

I am just bitter and if this turns out amazing I will be there. But that shit was a bitter pill to swallow back then.

ultron87

I remain enthusiastic about this.

Playing some Tribes 2 the other day (through the free version: Tribes: Next which is totally great) brought back so many amazing memories. I love how even something as annoying sounding as getting your base repeatedly camped by a bunch of heavies who are blowing up your stuff constantly can be really fun. I think I played the whole game and never even came close to the enemy flag since I was either defending our base or running interference in a Shrike.

Edit: This concerns me though:

Todd let me kill him a few times in order to rack up some credits, redeemable at vehicle stations for any of three rides: the two-man Gravcycle, the Shrike Scout Fighter (which I excel at crashing), and the slow-moving Beowulf Assault Tank. Each handles like a dream, only in one dream I am flying into hills and another I'm extremely heavy and ponderous.

I have to kill people to be able to buy vehicles? : /

Never played Tribes, I'm really excited. Like the appearance of the gun in the first one; the second one looks like later unreal weapons though, takes up half the screen and doesn't look that sexy to me. Looks like a baby could pop out of that thing with a little extra push.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
ultron87 said:
I have to kill people to be able to buy vehicles? : /

Well, after seeing at many times, 5-6 players of your team queueing at the vehicle station waiting for an available vehicle spawn (which were, as I remember, limited in number), leading to non-involvement and team loses I'm open to any method to reduce this.

mil6es

Osiris said:
Well, after seeing at many times, 5-6 players of your team queueing at the vehicle station waiting for an available vehicle spawn (which were, as I remember, limited in number), leading to non-involvement and team loses I'm open to any method to reduce this.

Is it sad that I felt nostalgic from that......

Until the mods ruined the original Tribes, I must've put a couple hundred hours into it (much like I did with Quake 2 back in the day). Man, I hope this game brings back the good times.

Meeru

Banned
Many of the complaints from Tribes veterans are mainly the size of the weapon on screen, reloading animation, the fact that spinfusor is not available for all class loadouts, not able to fly as high as Tribes 2/1..

But still, this game and Dota 2 are all I need. From what I playtested, it was FUN. All I want is a game where I login, play some DM, then log out.

Looks awesome.. I've always thought Global Agenda had a Tribes feel to it, so it was a surprise to hear that they were the ones who purchased the rights. Seems like they're heading in the right direction.

demolitio

Shazbot does that look good! Global Agenda has some similarities to Tribes but it lacked in a lot of other areas. To see Tribes come back from the dead is amazing to me since Tribes on PS2 was my second multiplayer game ever behind SOCOM 1. There's just something so magical and unique about the series and nostalgia is in full effect for this game.

Seeing videos of this game brings back good memories of that game with more specific details than I usually have over a game I just played a month ago.

Top Bottom