• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata screens

madara

Definitely need a 360 if this comes over on US soil. Super special care needs to be taken with this translation.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ethelred said:
They're proving continually impressive, aren't they? Arguably the best new RPG developer to emerge last gen.
Tri-Crescendo isn't Tri-Ace. They worked with them on the sound design of their game, but Trusty Bell is their first RPG.

ethelred

Blimblim said:
Tri-Crescendo isn't Tri-Ace. They worked with them on the sound design of their game, but Trusty Bell is their first RPG.

Mr. Pointy said:
Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos Origins

And that's why I said "best new RPG developer." tri-Ace isn't new.

Baten Kaitos Origins especially was fantastic, and a huge jump in quality over BK1. If Trusty Bell is a similar jump in quality over BKO, well, then, we've got a real winner on our hands.

GhaleonEB said:
Holy shit at the second batch - the art style is GORGEOUS. Want.

Tell me it's coming to the US this year?

I think Namco is bringing it to the US. I will pay full price for this game!

Beautiful. Just knowing this game is coming out makes the 360 > Xbox. I hope there's more to come beyond Trusy Bell and Blue Dragon. The 360 has shown that it can house some amazing non-western RPGs.

Prine

Banned
Cutscenes look great, but If its anything like Tales of Symphonia im staying away. God damn i hate that game

Hunahan

Banned
Still looks great. Can't wait to see some more enivronments. I'm also getting pretty curious what some of the later battles will look like. HOpefully there are some bigger enemies than what we've seen so far...

sphinx

the piano man
this game is month by month jumpin into my Top spot 2007 expected game

.- art style: GORGEOUS
.- Genre: standard RPG developed by tri-crescendo
.- theme: FREAKING CHOPIN!!!, (best piano music ever.)
.- console: 360->power and performance and I own it.

if anybody wants to get to know how did chopin's music sound, I have this youtube link with pianists ( arguably some of the best in the world ).

Chrisitan Zimerman playing Chopin's 4th ballade

Piano Legend Martha Argerich playing the 2nd half of Chopin's piano concerto with orchestra.

madara

Ack! Namco USA branch is handling this? Cripes now I quite worried. Fingers crossed that they at least leave japanese track in with english text as Namco USA voice work is joke. Folks around here always claimed Sony didn't alllow that, well its not on a sony console this time.

Firestorm

madara said:
Ack! Namco USA branch is handling this? Cripes now I quite worried. Fingers crossed that they at least leave japanese track in with english text as Namco voice work is joke. Folks around here always claimed Sony didn't alllow that, well its not on a sony console this time.

Tales of the Abyss had pretty good voicework for all characters. Symphonia had good voicework for most.

Anyway, do we know how the battle system works for this game? From videos I've seen, it looks like you control one person at a time in real-time, then switch to the next character when some time limit runs out?

Defuser said:
You guys better hope it's not gonna have the Blue Dragon effect where it hits the top 10 and fell off the charts completely next week.

Nobody really cares how it does in Japan; it'll likely do very well here, just as Blue Dragon will.

Blue Dragon is June/July in the U.S., right?

If this hits in September, Summer 2007 will probably be the best thing ever. I need this game now.

When is the JPN release of White Knight Story (PS3)?

GreekWolf

Obviously, Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon are must buys... but I'm really intrigued to see what Sakaguchi will do with Lost Odyssey. With another year of development, that game could turn out to be a stunner.

Cry-On deserves some love, as well.

Meier

God this game is so beautiful. Absolutely CANNOT wait to play it. Blue Dragon, Mass Effect & Trusty Bell.. <3 360 RPG goodness.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
traveler said:
Haven't heard anything about Cry-On for a while. Anyone out there know anything about how its progressing?
There was some news not so long ago, about the game (or at least its main character designer) going from Cavia to Artoon.

traveler said:
Haven't heard anything about Cry-On for a while. Anyone out there know anything about how its progressing?

Well we did just find out last month that Manabu Kusunoki, the man behind the Panzer Dragoon series is now at the helm of the art department. Other than that it's been pretty much a blackout of info.

0bf8553567d2f2b8e471498739fca787.jpg

joshschw

Yeah. I recall not liking the new art direction Cry-On was going in.

When is Trusty Bell supposed to come out?

btw, blimblim do you have the TGS trailer in 720p direct feed? maybe it's on marketplace? I think I have the HD offscreen recording of it.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
joshschw said:
Yeah. I recall not liking the new art direction Cry-On was going in.

When is Trusty Bell supposed to come out?
June 14

joshschw said:
btw, blimblim do you have the TGS trailer in 720p direct feed? maybe it's on marketplace?
Nope.

joshschw said:
I think I have the HD offscreen recording of it.
Good for you :/

Blimblim

The Inside Track
joshschw said:
actually maybe that's the reason it's not up anymore. if it will cause you any problems i won't post it of course.
That video had a big audio delay anyway, so it's really not worth it. I doubt I'd get in trouble over it anyway.
As for what happened, I'd rather not tell. The sum of stupidity from me and Microsoft is just way too embarassing for both parties.

Top Bottom