• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 2 INFO-- GI

Rez>You said:
Hang on let me get this straight, people are AGAINST more options? It's not like you have to play a multiplayer mode if it's in there, and it's not like they have to sacrifice their single-player vision to implement a multiplayer mode.

I must be missing something, I just don't understand that logic.

Because games are judged by MP modes and it's pathetic. Even when a developer feels like they need to tack one on to "please" fans, it's bashed for good reason (The Darkness, Stranglehold...). A great game like Uncharted does not need the burden of having some tacked on MP. I can imagine people giving it shit and not giving it the time and day all because of a deathmatch mode. "Oh this ain't no Gears of War.. it's rubbish". This is Gaf...

DigitalSoul said:
Heh, nothing wrong with more options. I guess peoples concern is that they don't want something thats tacked on or half-assed. If they are going to add multiplayer, it would have to be pretty flesh-out or there would be back lash. Stuff like that would have to be on the drawing board from the very beginning, I would assume.

Exactly. When I think of Uncharted, I don't think of team deathmatch and such. I've had ideas but it doesn't make it needed.

dralla

Rez>You said:
Hang on let me get this straight, people are AGAINST more options? It's not like you have to play a multiplayer mode if it's in there, and it's not like they have to sacrifice their single-player vision to implement a multiplayer mode.

I must be missing something, I just don't understand that logic.

that's not true it all. they'll have to spend time/money/resources on the MP which they could spend on the single player. Just look at Resistance 2's campaign.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
dralla said:
that's not true it all. they'll have to spend time/money/resources on the MP which they could spend on the single player. Just look at Resistance 2's campaign.
That's just alarmist. An organised company like Naughty Dog is more than capable of planning out a project in such a way that they'll be able to dedicate all the required resources needed into the single player campaign, and at the same time build a multiplayer mode.

It's not The Sims or something, where you have to drain one stat in order to enhance the other. It can be compared to that, certainly, but it isn't an exact 1:1 comparison.

I can't dispute your points Moonlight/Digital. You're assuming the mode would be tacked on, I can't argue with assumptions. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there even is a multiplayer mode implemented first. ;)

Rez>You said:
That's just alarmist. An organised company like Naughty Dog is more than capable of planning out a project in such a way that they'll be able to dedicate all the required resources needed into the single player campaign, and at the same time build a multiplayer mode.

It's not The Sims or something, where you have to drain one stat in order to enhance the other.

I can't dispute your points Moonlight/Digital. You're assuming the mode would be tacked on, I can't argue with assumptions. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

LOL@ Moonlight. I would definitely enjoy a good MP mode. Just don't want it to be either subpar or the focal point of the game. What would be neat is if it was unlockable after completing the game. Not sure how people would take that but I think it's a good idea. But again.. only if it's good.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MoonsaultSlayer said:
LOL@ Moonlight. I would definitely enjoy a good MP mode. Just don't want it to be either subpar or the focal point of the game. What would be neat is if it was unlockable after completing the game. Not sure how people would take that but I think it's a good idea. But again.. only if it's good.
lol, sorry about the typo, I was reading you handle as MoonlightSlayer. My bad :p

NameIess

I just picked up a new AVR that supports linear PCM & this game has the most amazing sound in addition to the visuals... I remember a few people making comments regarding the amazing audio quality, but I had no idea. I think this & Warhawk may be the only games that support uncompressed sound.

I started playing the game for a fourth time & still have to say it's the overall best audio / video experience this console generation. It's still amazing the game was released fairly early in the PS3 life span & manages to outshine current releases...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I hope the game has co-op, even if it happens only during certain parts of the game, so that 2nd player has to be on 'standby' and watch what's going on while not playing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
NameIess said:
I just picked up a new AVR that supports linear PCM & this game has the most amazing sound in addition to the visuals... I remember a few people making comments regarding the amazing audio quality, but I had no idea. I think this & Warhawk may be the only games that support uncompressed sound.

I started playing the game for a fourth time & still have to say it's overall best audio / video experience this console generation. It's still amazing the game was released fairly early in the PS3 life span & manages to outshine current releases...
Yeah the sound really is pretty amazing. That short intro passage that plays as the "Sony Computer Entertainment Presents" screen is shown is great.

J-Rzez

Rez>You said:
I LOVED Uncharted and want Uncharted 2 inside my PS3 ASAP, but saying most anticipated game ever is just unneeded hyberbole.

Why is it unneeded hyperbole? Maybe it is to you, but not to many of us who adored the game, and genuinely have it as most looked forward to sequel? At this point in what's hitting for consoles/pc that I know of in the not so far future, Uncharted 2 IS my most looked forward to game ever at this point considering that I'm expecting an even bigger/better experience since the first was a success. Thanks for trying to keep everyone's expectations and excitement in check though, looking out for our health and safety is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
J-Rzez said:
Why is it unneeded hyperbole? Maybe it is to you, but not to many of us who adored the game, and genuinely have it as most looked forward to sequel? At this point in what's hitting for consoles/pc that I know of in the not so far future, Uncharted 2 IS my most looked forward to game ever at this point considering that I'm expecting an even bigger/better experience since the first was a success. Thanks for trying to keep everyone's expectations and excitement in check though, looking out for our health and safety is appreciated.
I like that you completely ignored the second part of my post. I find that covering my ears and saying "lalala" is the best way of doing things to.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
How would a tacked on MP mode provide more meat? If anything, most people will complain about it and shove it under the bus. There's no need for it. We can all come up with some cool ideas but.. just no.

Wow, so if fucking NAUGHTY DOG, did a multiplayer mode it would be "tacked on". GTFO

dralla said:

LOL, what? So you're blaming Co-op for R2's campaign sucking???

Pachimari

Callibretto said:
with the game's focus apparently shifted to platforming and traversal environment (which in my head, means bigger level and exploration as opposed as 1st game's linear pathways) I think ND is busy enough without having the need to add multiplayer in it. beside, doesn't game informer article state that this is a single player game in the category, and I think that would be like the first thing they asked ND about Uncharted 2
Uncharted 2 will have more paths in its environments.
And i think the platforming has much to do with the constant changing in the environments. Blowed up bus, destroyed village, train chaos, explosions which changes the paths etc.

Zen

Banned
Byakuya769 said:

In the case of Resistance 2, it's pretty clear were they prioritized their efforts. R2 with a less ambitious Co-OP and Multi probably would have resulted in a better SP.

Byakuya769 said:

I'll leave the R2 comments aside, but is it really that hard to process that an entirely separate mode is an inherent diversion of resources from another? No its not "The Sims"... its common sense logistics. Of course it's going to effect the production at some level, programmers/artists/designers et al.

Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed a MP mode in the first game, the shooting mechanics and level design generally kicked ass and would've fit like a glove. But its perfectly logical to assume a relatively modest sized team like Naughty Dog focusing all their energy on the single player (in lieu of a potential MP mode) would only be in the SP campaign's favor.

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
I'll leave the R2 comments aside, but is it really that hard to process that an entirely separate mode is an inherent diversion of resources from another? No its not "The Sims"... its common sense logistics. Of course it's going to effect the production at some level, programmers/artists/designers et al.

Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed a MP mode in the first game, the shooting mechanics and level design generally kicked ass and would've fit like a glove. But its perfectly logical to assume a relatively modest sized team like Naughty Dog focusing all their energy on the single player (in lieu of a potential MP mode) would only be in the SP campaign's favor.

Perhaps in the SP campaign's favor, but not in the game's favor... but I don't want to derail this too much, but I have a feeling we will be discussing this again in the "why didn't Uncharted do as good as we thought it should have" thread sure to come this November/December.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Byakuya769 said:
ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
Thread Highjacked

Byakuya769 said:
Wow, so if fucking NAUGHTY DOG, did a multiplayer mode it would be "tacked on". GTFO

Well... if it was going to have MP and ND saw it as something great and a strong selling point, I'm pretty sure it would have been mentioned along with the other details. Since we have no info, one can only assume that they have no plans and if they did, they dropped it for a good reason and the ONLY reason it'd come back is because of fan pressure. So yes, it would be tacked on no matter who the developer is.

Top Bottom