• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted 4 concept art emerges

Yeul

Really looking forward to this and all the stuff coming from a post-The Last of Us Naughty Dog. Can't wait for more info.

In the artbook it says:

I would guess Drake has a pretty dark back story. What do we know about Drake? i can't remember, it's been a while since i've played the Uncharted games.

nate was a young thief that was tsundere to sully, until they became the best bros of all time. I bet that his secret is that he uses hair gel to keep that hair up.

In the artbook it says:

I would guess Drake has a pretty dark back story. What do we know about Drake? i can't remember, it's been a while since i've played the Uncharted games.

Basically everything we know about him is fake. His name birthname isn't actually Nathan Drake. He made it up because his childhood was bad. His mom committed suicide and his dad gave him up to the state. So he created a new identity for himself. One where his name was Nathan Drake and he was a descendant for Sir Francis Drake.

viveks86

Found it online. But but but… I thought all the processing will be dedicated to his face and the whole game was just an extreme closeup where he swats flies in a jungle!

Basically everything we know about him is fake. His name birthname isn't actually Nathan Drake. He made it up because his childhood was bad. His mom committed suicide and his dad gave him up to the state. So he created a new identity for himself. One where his name was Nathan Drake and he was a descendant for Sir Francis Drake.

I think that max payne and nathan would drink in a bar and get along really well. They would dispute to who had a harsher life ;_;

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Wow, that sounds very interesting. Lot's of room for a great personal story of Drake. So glad Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley are the leads on this. Druckmann's writing in TLoU was outstanding.

giphy.gif

My response both when seeing the thread had removed the scans and finding them elsewhere.

I don't see much in that artwork. Nice, sure, but you could easily convince me that it was from Uncharted 2. :p

DieH@rd

Banned
For those who are wondering what are these ruins about, they are connected with things that were hinted in original VGX Uncharted 4 teaser - pirate Henry Every who scored one of the highest pirate loots of all time in one raid [and lived to spend it], and fabled pirate city of Libertatia that was supposedly located on the island of St.Mary near the coast of Madagascar.

For those who are wondering what are these ruins about, they are connected with things that were hinted in original VGX Uncharted 4 teaser - pirate Henry Every who scored one of the highest pirate loots of all time in one raid [and lived to spend it], and fabled pirate city of Libertatia that was supposedly located on the island of St.Mary near the coast of Madagascar.

Cool! This will be an adventure of nathan going to libertatia?

accurate

Eggbok

But do they move away realistically when you approach them?

This isn't some Call of Duty game. This is Naughty Dog, it has to be over the top, badass, awesome set pieces always. Naughty Dog fish will transform into a giant Sharknado, and all the sharks have AK-47's. And Drake runs away from them falling into a giant Volcano, where he finds a secret map.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Uhm, better remove that link :|

Could we stop encourage people where to find them? I gave a link in the OP already.

You should probably put a warning in the OP, so people stop asking for links.

Sami+

This makes me really excited to see how the water looks on PS4. I remember Uncharted 1 blowing my mind at the time.

Moozo

These low-key down moments between the action that the pictures show are the best parts of Uncharted. It's so great when they feel like real, living (or once living) environments pouring with history. Which is where, I think, Uncharted 3 went wrong. They just felt like they were there to take you to the next set piece.

Ricky_R

Got here too late. Can't ask for a link and won't ask for a link. Just wanted everybody here to know that.

I wanted to see it so bad. Won't ask for link though.

Vire

I'm not sure I like what I see actually.

Looks a lot like Uncharted 1, which is by far my least favorite in the series.

[mg]http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1484/14849725/2567255-9862214069-24926.gif[/img]

U3 also had awesome water level [which also had big difficulty spike].

Basically the best part of Uncharted 3 and it all ends with one of the best cutscenes in the series

ae1per.gif

I'm not sure I like what I see actually.

Looks a lot like Uncharted 1, which is by far my least favorite in the series.

I think the quality of U1 (which in my opinion is a great game) has more to do with how they did their encounter design, gameplay mechanics, and handling the general performance of the game rather than the fact that the game was in an island. And it's confirmed to be a worldwide adventure =D

Cubed

Looks pretty nice. Not sure I'm excited about being underwater... it all hinges on what it controls like. Love the storm-battered beach.

Harmen

2567255-9862214069-24926.gif

U3 also had awesome water level [which also had big difficulty spike].

Man, that whole section is one of my favourite shootouts ever (boat included). The setting, leveldesign and gameplay blend together perfectly (allthough storywise it was bullcrap to end up there).

Looking forward to see what they do with water this time around.

kyser73

Looks pretty nice. Not sure I'm excited about being underwater... it all hinges on what it controls like. Love the storm-battered beach.

Yup, great image. Really looking forward to seeing how that translates (or makes it) into the game.

4WD0c.gif

Naw bro, naw. Good section? Sure.

But certainly not the best moment in UC3

What's the best then? Syria was ultra basic and forgettable, the chateau only looked cool, the final areas were just all combat save for the horse caravan. The ship graveyard on into the boat chases and cruise ship was probably the best stretch of the game.

Color scheme and general art style really reminds me of Tomb Raider 2013, and while I liked that game, I'm hoping for some more visually inviting environments in UC4.

What's the best then? Syria was ultra basic and forgettable, the chateau only looked cool, the final areas were just all combat save for the horse caravan. The ship graveyard on into the boat chases and cruise ship was probably the best stretch of the game.

Yep. I really can't think of another section in any Uncharted game so far that really showed off the mechanics of the series as well as the ship graveyard. That's a section you show to people when they claim that Uncharted is just another TPS.

LastNac

Do you really need to ask?

UrbanRats

Yep. I really can't think of another section in any Uncharted game so far that really showed off the mechanics of the series as well as the ship graveyard. That's a section you show to people when they claim that Uncharted is just another TPS.

Village under siege in uc2 was on par, but otherwise i agree.

Top Bottom