• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens (wwhooa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PleoMax

Banned
DarienA said:
There was a thread a bit back that expressed some concerns that the jungle areas might not truly be go anywhere places, but have predefined path's... has that been addressed/debunked?

?

Isn't this a rather linear game? From what they've shown it's not an open Island no...

TheDuce22

Banned
Of all the videos currently on PSN, this is by far the most impressive. Im not going to give my opinion on Killzone but I just think its sad that it seems to be pulling the spotlight away from where it belongs. Great adventure games are few and far between nowadays.

Treo360

nice! Do want.

Damn what I wouldn't give to be a Cylon now. There's simply not enough time to play all these games! :/

~Kinggi~

Banned
the gunplay and handling of the animations seems to be some of the smoother ive seen in a game, as long as those were not cutscenes.

MercuryLS

Banned
They've taken inspiration from Gears (cover, shooting, weapon switching mechanics), Tomb Raider and Indianna Jones.

I really don't know how they could go wrong.

This game looks stunning, its going to be awesome.

karasu

Are there two different girls? Because the one driving and the one talking look completely different.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's nice to finally see a PS3 game with Gears of War quality texturing (along with more geometry). The game looks very attractive.

Ok, this is the one. This one can get me to reach deep down into my wallet and get a ps3 ahead of schedule.

Love the art, love the graphics and if the gameplay is there in reviews and impressions... :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hyonoid said:
No, before she looks like a ugly british girl.
This is the 2nd time they've changed her look though. At first, she look quite boyish, and unlike her target render (GI article), in 1st revision (Gamer's Day trailer) they changed her completely, this time they just changed her hairstyle so the hair looks more threaded and ligther shade than before. I think the first revision was the best one maybe, but the newest hair does look like actual hair the most. Before her hair looked more like a flat textured surface.

karasu said:
Are there two different girls? Because the one driving and the one talking look completely different.
No, they are exactly the same. In the pic where she's driving, her hair is in the shadow so the hair looks much darker.

It's a bit strange they are changing her character model so many times, the guy who is main character designer was posting at B3D about how they are concerned about making her look as close as possible to what she's supposed to look like (original actress I guess).

Did anyone else notice how they improved the explosions x1000? Judging by the new trailer it looks even better now. Killzone, Uncharted, GT5, Heavenly Sword really really compliment the PS3 hardware.

pswii60

I really like how this games almost has Gears-quality textures, but it doesn't suffer from that under-saturated greyness that almost every Unreal3 game does.

The new PSN trailer is awesome. So many great games on the way :O

jiji said:
I played this game when it was called Tomb Raider Legend.

Not to troll, but, eh. It looks so derivative and linear. I guess there's a market for that.

But you could say that about every WWII shooter being like Medal Of Honor, every sci-fi shooter being like Half-life.

Uncharted is not Tomb Raider. For a start, it feels way more Indiana Jones, and much of the covering and gunplay is like Gears. Just a good old-school linear action adventure with good story line and beautiful graphics and locations.

hyonoid said:
No, before she looks like a ugly british girl.

Racist

RogueHobbit

Neo Member
Dante said:
Holy Crap!

Although I prefer the old Elena.

The gap is really starten to widen.

Are you referring to PS3 vs 360?

This game looks gorgeous, but that is a rash statement. Alan Wake is easily as impressive (if not more so).

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
You guys know what this game is?

It's pitfall 2007.

I was excited about Pitfall when I was playing the Win95 remake. How I wish my younger self could've experienced this.

karasu

RogueHobbit said:
Are you referring to PS3 vs 360?

This game looks gorgeous, but that is a rash statement. Alan Wake is easily as impressive (if not more so).

Alan Wake does look great, but it doesn't have animation and such like this.

SappYoda

I can't believe nobody posted this:

snapshot20070712170054.PNG

Use this fire for lair/killzone2 now!!!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What a strange game to select. You really find Alan Wake as impressive as this? There are certainly other 360 games I would have selected for comparison...

RogueHobbit

Neo Member

Evlar

Banned
Crayon Shinchan said:
You guys know what this game is?

It's pitfall 2007.

I was excited about Pitfall when I was playing the Win95 remake. How I wish my younger self could've experienced this.
I've always believed Pitfall! and all the games that have been compared to it since were really trying to capture the feel of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I LOVE that kind of adventure and that's why I'm so pumped about this game.

RogueHobbit said:

Alan wake doesnt look as impressive on a micro scale, but it has shown real scale. ND says the whole game is streamed, but if you can take a peak at the entire locations like in J & D with those graphics then I would say it is definitely more impressive than ALan Wake

peace

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
SappYoda said:
Use this fire for lair/killzone2 now!!!!
Fire in KZ2 (as in soldier on fire, or that roof on fire after the explosion at the very end of the gameplay footage) looked *really* impressive. Better than the old CG trailer even, where fire looked pretty crappy.

It's the smoke trails that need some more magic in KZ2, not the fire.

Regardless, they look great in Uncharted too, it's great to see how much better fire and explosions look compared to what they did just a few months ago.

The Sphinx said:
Probably my most anticipated PS3 title of the year.

Not probably, definitely.
Yeah, with MGS4 delayed, I agree. Although I flip-flop between this and HS.

The kind of atmosphere and warmth that this game gives out is really quite something. I think it has a chance to capture the Indy feel perfectly, and be ND's best game by far.

Shinraven

I cant believe we are comparing this to alan Q. wtf is wrong w you guys.

Uncharted...looks...unpolished. no ambient , volumetric shaders, no hdr lighting.

it just looks rough. yea sure it has a lot going, but upon closer inspection, I cut my eyes on the jaggies. I wont even go into how crappy the models are.

you guys get impressed so easy.

karasu

Shinraven said:

Uncharted...looks...unpolished. no ambient , volumetric shaders, no hdr lighting.

it just looks rough. yea sure it has a lot going, but upon closer inspection, I cut my eyes on the jaggies. I wont even go into how crappy the models are.

Uh...okay, but look at those ****ed up trees.

Shinraven said:

hehe

Trevelyan

Banned
Shinraven said:

:lol Definitely gonna bookmark this so I can read again whenever I'm feeling down and need a quick pick-me-up.

Yoboman

Shinraven said:

Do you even know what you're talking about, or are you just puking out buzz words? No volumetric shaders, no HDR?:lol

And what jaggies? I haven't seen any

Stop posting please :)

Shinraven said:

Reki/ELS-01X?

Holtz

Shinraven said:

Thanks, i needed a laugh. :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Shinraven said:
no hdr lighting.
Uncharted does use HDR. It's pretty hard to miss actually but I guess you managed it :)
On top of that it uses some faked GI and light bouncing, which you can see in the trailer, for example with fire extinguishers on the ship coloring the wall behind them. It also animated better than just about anything else, which is part of why people get so "easily" impressed :)

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
reilo said:
My eyes are crying tears of joy and it won't stop.

What have you done to me, Sony?

Killzone, Uncharted, MGS, Unreal, Lair, Heavenly Sword, R&C... they won't stop.

Add Haze to that and it results in me having no money very soon. Good job I budget for my "Sony Tax" haha. As I always say to myself to justify buying games "well, I don't smoke..."

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
ELEEEENNNNAAAAAAA

Goddammit, like I needed more reasons to hate posters on internet gaming forums.

jiji said:
I played this game when it was called Tomb Raider Legend.

Not to troll, but, eh. It looks so derivative and linear. I guess there's a market for that.
Just like how theres a market for Wii. GTFO.

I can't stand this two faced bullshit anymore. "Omgz everyones bitching about Nintendo and their games" SO how does it make sense to bitch about other games then?

Man for ****s sake. And lets not forget "No games are original" Remember that? Yeah that was the line of defence used in the Nintendo thread so no offense but you people need to stop complaining.

GrayFoxPL

Laguna X said:
I blame GAF.
Everyone should. She was nice, "realistic" looking girl earlier. Now they make her like your everyday barbie clone blond. Just wait till her boobs grow 3 sizes in the next trailer.

When she was all nice and normal GAF was like : OMG UGLY UGLY LOL LOL!

Now she's dull cheerleader blondie. Blond = turnoff. Meh.

Gaf hate , Gaf hate!

Anyway, the new trailer on PSN is fantastic. People really should watch hd version on big telly to see what this shit is really about.

There are many great looking games coming for PS3 but everytime when I see this I go into different perspective. It's like ND is couple grades higher in this PS3 development school and pretty much ready to start owning the place.

When I read trollings on this game I don't get angry, I just make O_O, rise eyebrows higher then forehead and go: "WHAT?" My mom goes "WHAT?", the dog goes "WHAT?", mailman goes "WHAT?" the heavens open and Jesus goes "WHAT?". That's how ridiculous it is. Want to troll? Find another game, this one's untrollable.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
This game looks outstanding. No argument there. I'm still hesitant about the gameplay, though. From all the interviews I've read the main focus still seems to be on shooting and combat, with adventuring being secondary. That's been a big disappointment for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom