• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

castle007

Banned
I’m very aware how much coverage our Next Month page is getting across the globe right now. I have to admit — I thought it was a cool little teaser when we did it — but I didn’t anticipate it blowing up quite so much! I’ve seen everything from Family Guy to Woody Woodpecker fitting perfectly in that star cluster! Very Happy

Anyhoo, I’m here to iron a few things out. This is not an April Fool. I remember once I did an April Fool on CUBE with Gannondorf Photoshopped into Soul Calibur II and people got really upset when they found out it wasn’t true so we don’t do those kind of things anymore. I think they’re just a bit of a laugh but obviously other more sensitive people don’t. . .

Also, we do have respect for our readers and we don’t set out to purposely mislead people. The whole point of the Next Month image is to be a teaser and to get people guessing. It’s just A BIT OF FUN. There are no lies in there. Innevitably the situation might change between the time of the mag going to print and the release of the next issue (it is a good six weeks after all). The game may end up being announced online before we hit the shelves. Ocassionally these things happen and it’s completely out of our control. However, the point is that we are not misleading you — there is a new game due to be announced.

In summary then, please take a deep breath and count to ten when you’re thinking about this. There are quite a few images that perfectly fit into that star cluster. We’ve never mentioned any names — it could be anything.

So, it is going to be a Family guy vs. Woody Woodpecker brawler :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
TheGreatDave said:
They're a good magazine. I just don't know if their profile is high enough to get an exclusive.
They've been around since the days of the SNES (SuperPlay) and have managed to score some good exclusives over the years.
Just last month they got the ScarFace exclusive. Might not be that big, but an exclusive none the less.

BGBW said:
They've been around since the days of the SNES (SuperPlay) and have managed to score some good exclusives over the years.
Just last month they got the ScarFace exclusive. Might not be that big, but an exclusive none the less.
Seriously, if they've been around for that long and have done things before like this then they deserve everything they get. Secondly they won't be getting much more "exclusives" if their magazine is viewed as making thins up and non trust worthy.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
CrushDance said:
Seriously, if they've been around for that long and have done things before like this then they deserve everything they get. Secondly they won't be getting much more "exclusives" if their magazine is viewed as making thins up and non trust worthy.
You're getting ONM and NGamer mixed up.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
MasterMFauli said:
I dont know why Kotaku did get banned in the past, but...if this isnt a new Nights-game, isnt that ban-worthy for ONM on NeoGAF? :-/

Check the title of the thread :lol :lol :lol

disco

The reply is generally them just covering their ass if it's revealed on the internet prior, not that it isn't Nights. Also interesting that they state that it's a 'new' game.

BGBW said:

Sure, but for a Japanese game (if we're still hoping it's NiGHTS) to debut in it would be a scoop on a worldwide scale, and I don't know if they have that in them. It could well turn out to be a promising western game, but I just can't imagine anything Japanese being revealed in it.

duckroll

TheGreatDave said:
Sure, but for a Japanese game (if we're still hoping it's NiGHTS) to debut in it would be a scoop on a worldwide scale, and I don't know if they have that in them. It could well turn out to be a promising western game, but I just can't imagine anything Japanese being revealed in it.

What if you're right, and it's a western game........ and....... it's........ ALSO Nights? :lol

A few things I want to address that I've seen in this thread:

1) Art is opinion, of course, but other than the two kids (who are as generic as they are unimportant), NiGHTS has some of the most creative and aesthetically pleasing designs I've seen from Sega.

2) It isn't the Nintendo fans whipping this into a shitstorm, it's Sega fans. While our kingdom has been destroyed, we are still scattered through the countryside awaiting a rallying cry.

3) To the person who said NiGHTS is a Kirby copy...I don't even get it. Tell me one single way NiGHTS is like Kirby. That's like saying Halo is a Gran Turismo copy.

Haunted

Segata Sanshiro said:
2) It isn't the Nintendo fans whipping this into a shitstorm, it's Sega fans. While our kingdom has been destroyed, we are still scattered through the countryside awaiting a rallying cry.
segata8tinew.gif

Segata Sanshiro said:
3) To the person who said NiGHTS is a Kirby copy...I don't even get it. Tell me one single way NiGHTS is like Kirby. That's like saying Halo is a Gran Turismo copy.
****ing Halo copycats.

Neo Child

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:

Look, if you read the post I gave the link to some thread on the ONM forums. I just copied and pasted what a guy said there.

I find it stupid too.

Neo Child

Banned
the year 20XX said:
You want more Starfox? And NiGHTS is a copy of Kirby? You should lay off the Nintendo for a while.

I provided a link to show I was just copying what some random guy said on the ONM forum.

It was a joke.

K?

I went to that link and read almost the whole page - couldn't figure out why you linked to it. Guess I missed that. I'm afraid I've already boiled your family alive. Buy you lunch to make it up?

Linkup

BrodiemanTTR said:
Don't read too much into it, sounds like a multiplat feature.

I've just been told to look forward not only to EGM, but ONM also. Not to fan the flames, but Wii fans should be pleased with the announcements as there will at least be more "decent" stuff announced. Personally I was just waiting for NGamer, but now people are like "Hey, both ONM and EGM have something for Wii fans", when I say people I mean editors at gaming sites.

Segata Sanshiro said:
1) Art is opinion, of course, but other than the two kids (who are as generic as they are unimportant), NiGHTS has some of the most creative and aesthetically pleasing designs I've seen from Sega.

Then i have to assume you have seen next to nothing from SEGA.
SoA has great design, Sonic has.
Nights has not.
Really, it´s all an opinion, but i hardly know worse character-designs than this Night-character. Crash Bandicoot, Tonic Touble and several Rare-characters come to mind.

I prefer sympathic, original characters, not..weirdos :-/

MasterMFauli said:
Nights has not.
Really, it´s all an opinion, but i hardly know worse character-designs than this Night-character. Crash Bandicoot, Tonic Touble and several Rare-characters come to mind.

I guess it helps that I consider your opinion on everything to be about as far from mine as possible, then.

ethelred

MasterMFauli said:
Nights has not.

I know these things are totally subjective and it's your opinion and all, but you're wrong.

Let me add, also, that there's more to the incredible artistry of NiGHTS than just the main character design -- there's the enemy designs, the actual world/level designs, which are insanely creative. You have to play the game to get an appreciation for these things.

Terrell

MasterMFauli said:
Nights has not.

I read up on Tonic Trouble, and.... sorry, if you think Tonic Trouble is full of non-weirdos, I think that the armless, legless and neckless fellow in the polka-dotted bowtie belies how serious your opinion is on this matter.

i dont think this is an april fool's joke. i believe that nights is definitely coming, and that this poll on Sega's official site itself should be taken as a clue:

segapoll1.jpg

(Nights was winning by more than 60% of the vote)

Also, if you look at their latest poll, they mention "Alien Syndrome", another game making a jump to Wii...

pollql5.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
shagg_187 said:
i dont think this is an april fool's joke. i believe that nights is definitely coming, and that this poll on Sega's official site itself should be taken as a clue:

segapoll1.jpg

(Nights was winning by more than 60% of the vote)

Also, if you look at their latest poll, they mention "Alien Syndrome", another game making a jump to Wii...

pollql5.jpg
Why isn't Skies of Arcadia in that sega poll? :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Glad to see I'm not the only one that weeps for Skies of Arcadia....

An RPG series based on the SoA formula doesn't even need to take place in the same universe... they could make it like FF where no two game worlds are connected (well... for the most part), like DQ where two or three of the games are loosely connected.... Skies just had such a unique design to it that I think it would be a damn shame for us to not see another game done in the same vein.

D-X said:
NiGHTS has made cameos in Sega Superstars...
It could always be a port of Superstars instead of a full blown NiGHTS game.

Most of the games in the collection would be perfectly suitable for a wii controller instead of the EyeToy camera. A waggle Sonic mini game, tilt the wiimote to control NiGHTS, wiimote + nunchuk = Samba maraccas, copy the arm waving Space Channel 5 mini game, Wii Boxing has already shown that Virtual Fighting could work, you've got the wii pointing ability to do a House of the Dead mini game, etc.

Saoh

GaimeGuy said:
Why isn't Skies of Arcadia in that sega poll? :(

they hate freedom :( but i think its better like that, i wanna keep happy thoughts about SoA, i dont wanna see it get ruined.

Top Bottom