• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

nategc

Banned
those stars could be just about anything out in space. Didn't matt from ign wii said that if you look back in the nintendo database of ign, you will find the game that will be reveal. Trust me, its a nintendo game. kid icarus says hi. He also said that theres a handful of games thats gonna be reveal and will blow your mind. Any classic game is fully understandable. Just consider matts blog a hint guys.

nategc said:
those stars could be just about anything out in space. Didn't matt from ign wii said that if you look back in the nintendo database of ign, you will find the game that will be reveal. Trust me, its a nintendo game. kid icarus says hi. He also said that theres a handful of games thats gonna be reveal and will blow your mind. Any classic game is fully understandable. Just consider matts blog a hint guys.

Those stars are NiGHTS. The game they're talking about could be anything, but those stars and that teaser are NiGHTS. If they (ONM) do not produce NiGHTS, I will eat their family pet.

nategc said:

All those Matt C. quotes are from like a year ago.

wsippel

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
All those Matt C. quotes are from like a year ago.
They are from about a month ago. But I still doubt it's Kid Icarus. On the other hand, if the old Dead Phoenix rumor is true...

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet, but Gamespot's stance on the NiGHTS rumor is that it isn't "bogus".

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_b...ct=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

The aligning of the stars in the Official Nintendo Magazine teaser page is plenty convincing, and combined with the mag's insistence that it isn't an April Fools' Day joke and Sega's silence on the issue, we're going to go with the rumor on this one. The only questions are whether we're looking at a remake, a sequel, or a port and in which format it will be released.

Also, here's my massive post on the rumor again, incase you've missed anything.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5830141&postcount=405

nategc

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Those stars are NiGHTS. The game they're talking about could be anything, but those stars and that teaser are NiGHTS. If they (ONM) do not produce NiGHTS, I will eat their family pet.

why do you think its nights, sure every magazine literally just spelled it out for us, but why do you think its nights. In a europe magazine, From ONM out of them all. come on guys, that pic doesn't mean nights whats so ever. On the side of the actually magazine pic, it looks like a guy standing and holding something clearly. Plus, those stars don't really line up much with that nights pic. You guys are wrong. Matt also spelled out a couple of hints in his blog, clear as day that its a classic nintendo game that was begging to be revived. ONM clearly says that its a classic game. How did this one get pass GAF of all things.

nategc said:
why do you think its nights, sure every magazine literally just spelled it out for us, but why do you think its nights. In a europe magazine, From ONM out of them all. come on guys, that pic doesn't mean nights whats so ever. On the side of the actually magazine pic, it looks like a guy standing and holding something clearly. Plus, those stars don't really line up much with that nights pic. You guys are wrong. Matt also spelled out a couple of hints in his blog, clear as day that its a classic nintendo game that was begging to be revived. ONM clearly says that its a classic game. How did this one get pass GAF of all things.

What?

jeremy1456

nategc said:

And where exactly did Matt point this out?

JamesE

Sega Studios USA (the Shadow team) are already working on it. They have been a while.

So more NiGHTs, just bad, bad NiGHTs.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
JamesE said:
Sega Studios USA (the Shadow team) are already working on it. They have been a while.

So more NiGHTs, just bad, bad NiGHTs.

I guess I would rather have the team that made Shadow the Hedgehog over the ones that made the 360/Ps3 Sonic. Wow, I guess its like saying that I would rather drink piss than eating poo. I guess drinking piss would be faster and probably not so bad if it really does taste like the vineger that it sometimes smells like. Poo always smells bad. Always.

EDITED BECAUSE POO IS NASTY

its probably too good to be true. i mean i want a re-make/updated port of NiGHTS as much as anyone else, but if it does end up being confirmed i will have a rise in my levis

P90

OnWarmerMusic said:
I'm not sure how that jibes with the ONM picture, but I definitely like the way you think, sir.

Thanks. It would probably help if I would have read the OP. I thought ONM was a member here! :lol Doh!

Nakasan

"Why is this thread still going?"

Because to at LEAST 200,000 videogamers (and thats being pessamistic (and dont anyone DARE ask me where I got that number from, its just a fact, k? like ghosts)) NiGHTS is still the very epitome of videogames. It has character, style, unique gameplay, fantastic controls and, somewhat odd for a videogame, integrity (built up ironically due to it not getting needless, derivative sequels).

The fact that so many people inherintly care about the franchise, and the chance, slim though it may be, that they will see an expansion of that franchise (along with it all those original good qualities I have mentioned) has got people in a lather.

It probobly is all much a-do about nothing, but by keeping this thread active, its almost like they, Aswell as myself, are keeping the mere idea that the sequel exists alive.

Come on NiGHTS, fly again!!

Nakasan said:

Because to at LEAST 200 videogamers (and thats being optimistic (and dont anyone DARE ask me where I got that number from, its just a fact, k? like ghosts)) NiGHTS is still the very epitome of videogames.
fixed

Neomoto

Nakasan said:

Because to at LEAST 200,000 videogamers (and thats being pessamistic (and dont anyone DARE ask me where I got that number from, its just a fact, k? like ghosts)) NiGHTS is still the very epitome of videogames. It has character, style, unique gameplay, fantastic controls and, somewhat odd for a videogame, integrity (built up ironically due to it not getting needless, derivative sequels).

The fact that so many people inherintly care about the franchise, and the chance, slim though it may be, that they will see an expansion of that franchise (along with it all those original good qualities I have mentioned) has got people in a lather.

It probobly is all much a-do about nothing, but by keeping this thread active, its almost like they, Aswell as myself, are keeping the mere idea that the sequel exists alive.

Come on NiGHTS, fly again!!
Yeah that's all fine and dandy but I was referring to the magazine.. ONM. The fact that they did pre-damage controlls says enough for me. I would be very surprised if the game in question is in fact NiGHTS solely because of the whole situation about ONM. But hey, obviously ONM succeeded in what they tried to do with their "cool little teaser" hype up the interwebs and get massive coverage (this thread alone has 14 pages), because that's what this is all about.

Nakasan

Neomoto said:
Yeah that's all fine and dandy but I was referring to the magazine.. ONM. The fact that they did pre-damage controlls says enough for me. I would be very surprised if the game in question is in fact NiGHTS solely because of the whole situation about ONM. But hey, obviously ONM succeeded in what they tried to do with their "cool little teaser" hype up the interwebs and get massive coverage (this thread alone has 14 pages), because that's what this is all about.

Unfortunately, agreed.

I do not beleive though that they intended the coverage to be this big.

My honest theory is, whoever designed the teaser, likes NiGHTS and was told to make a cryptic videogame related (obviously) image, and due to his like of NiGHTS he based it on that. I know I try and slip NiGHTS related stuff into my day-to-day work.

But yeah, thats what I reckon happened.

kizmah

The editor of a swedish gaming mag called Gamereactor just wrote in his blog that a certain japanese publisher called him up. He then went on to say that a big surprise is coming in the next issue.

Oh...and he attached this pisture to his blog.

RT2qYz.jpg

maxmars

hamzik said:
The editor of a swedish gaming mag called Gamereactor just wrote in his blog that a certain japanese publisher called him up. He then went on to say that a big surprise is coming in the next issue.

RT2qYz.jpg

Subaru Rally?

hamzik said:

RT2qYz.jpg

That's twelve stars.

FF 12 spin off

Top Bottom