• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Reveal | May 21 10am PDT - sponsored by Saxa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
theres no way that bf4 is is durango exclusive.
ms probably wants to be the first to announce it so people associate the brand with xbox like they did with cod this gen.

Microsoft actually convinced activision to make COD for consoles instead of PCs

Source: Xbox 360 uncloaked

TheOddOne

Oh hey, maybe they are just there because they are a first party dev and they played a small role but have nothing to show. JUST MAYBE THEY ARE THERE FOR TENT FUN AND MARSHMELLOWS AFTER THE CONFERENCE.

HALO

wz9VxVE.png

I want Halo Wars 2 with Kinect/voice control for 2013.

I want Halo 2 Anniversary for 2014 (10 year anniversary).

And Halo 5 for 2015.

Loved Halo Wars, would be perfect to publish across Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, and Xbox to show off the potential of WinRT game development.

ALL UNITS

Vico

If Microsoft considers the event to be small game-wise, even though it includes COD, a racer, multiple EA Sports games, I don't think we can handle their E3 conference.

electro

Banned
Surely EA wouldn't be so foolish as to make Battlefield 4 an exclusive for the next Xbox - it makes no sense financially, and would drive the majority of PS4 shooter fans toward Call of Duty: Ghosts and Killzone: Shadow Fall at launch, which doesn't seem likely a favorable scenario given COD is Battlefields's biggest shooter rival.

oVerde

Banned
This is pretty serious.

Some specs have been more than doubled from previous rumors. Now COD, Battlefield 4, and FIFA are exclusives. Plus illumarooms, and maybe Kojima and EA exclusive rights.

You are not believing, aren't you?

Things are going out of hand right now... at this rate, some people will be disappointed if MS doesn't have an exclusivity on all third party games. :p

Yes.

Alx

Things are going out of hand right now... at this rate, some people will be disappointed if MS doesn't have an exclusivity on all third party games. :p

Could MS afford it?

Yes but highly unlikely. MS could afford to buy all of EA but it serves no purpose given that their business model is based a lot of being on multiple systems. having some sort of partnership to support perhaps the new Kinect could go a long ways. You need some commitment to help sell a peripheral or new gameplay features. I never did see any sort of commitment from them for the Wii U other than porting old games like Mass Effect and charging $60 all over again. Either that or some sort of micro-transaction deal is in place but EA also owns Origin so that's a bit of a conflict.

I really think Microsoft has some sort of surprise with illumiroom or Kinect that is going to distance themselves from the others and having EA push that could do wonders if it actually comes across as something consumers would want.

MS put a lot of effort into getting franchises to go multiplatform in the early days of the current gen, now that's not really a problem for them any more perhaps it's freed up resources for grabbing more exclusives?

Ready for the reveal:

I see you´re counting on the others to bring in the SALT. :p Only saw sugar and beers in your pic.

So McLaren is teasing something for Xbox reveal?

Forza 5 and PGR 5 you sons a bitches!!

Ron Dennis interview saying how much Forza helped them develop their F1 simulator. Forza reveal = yes. PGR = meh.

I would like to see the next gen Madden engine. I'm hoping it's a bigger leap than last time.

There´s hardly a leap last time, if you discount the BS trailer that never happened.

Fortalezza will be a consolation prize

Why do people keep calling it Fortalezza? The guy behind Kinect named project Natal because of his hometown, in Brazil, and now the follow up project, it should be Fortaleza, which is a big city nearby Natal.

Somebody fucked up registering the name.

Do you think it is possible that ms could have a limited ea exclusivity deal? Holy shit if that happens? The sports genre alone could solidify a win next gen for ms.

Chaplain

It would be the biggest act of aggression ever seen if MS secure BF 4 as an exclusive, even if it's Durango only.

Well I wouldn't buy a PS4 at launch. BF4 is the only game I want for nextgen this year, and MS having this exclusively would mean I would only buy a 720 this year.

I see you´re counting on the others to bring in the SALT. :p Only saw sugar and beers in your pic.

Ron Dennis interview saying how much Forza helped them develop their F1 simulator. Forza reveal = yes. PGR = meh.

There´s hardly a leap last time, if you discount the BS trailer that never happened.

Why do people keep calling it Fortalezza? The guy behind Kinect named project Natal because of his hometown, in Brazil, and now the follow up project, it should be Fortaleza, which is a big city nearby Natal.

Somebody fucked up registering the name.

I'm keeping calling it fortalezza because it is the name Microsoft used in documents.

If MS has secured some sort of exclusive rights with EA, even if its only 6 months exclusive, that is huge, and honestly could kill the PS4 prior to it even releasing.

Would hate for this to happen. The market needs competition and Nintendo is clearly no longer a factor in the home console competition for next gen (at this very moment in time).

That wouldnt kill PS4.

Everything is exclusive now. lol guys tone down the expectations. @_@

The hype is getting out of control.

Microsoft: One more thing, we secure some sequels, sequels people had being clamoring for years.

Want to see some of them?

*pictures show Killer Instinct 3^

Want more?

*pictures Chrono Trigger 2*

Another one?

*Half life 3*

Huh? another one?

*Shenmue 3*

Tent collapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom