• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda: TOTK Commercial Leak

Aldric

The pitch black underground with the luminescent flower arrows looks great, should have been shown in the trailer. I've always thought an underground map was a perfect opportunity to expand on the traversal challenge of Typhlo Ruins in BotW, I'm excited to see what's down there. I hope there's some creepy stuff.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
The cave shown here (when he shoots the light arrow) is deep.

pel2Bu.jpg

That 3rd coordinate on the map is the Z depth, shown in previous trailers. Here it is reading -0.479

In the previous trailer, you could see this rising as Link rides the rock up into the sky with rewind time -- and it didn't reach a positive number that large until he was all the way up in the sky island space.
SEjC8p.jpg

So we have confirmation that the networks of caves go as deep underground Hyrule as the sky islands go above it.

AREYOUOKAY?

Well it just confirmed the dragon really is called Gleeok but that was a given. Now if only I can combine some nerdy books together to defeat it with this method.

Last edited:

xBlueStonex

Anybody else underwhelmed by this game and wish Nintendo would just pump out a different Zelda instead? A sequel to a Link Between Worlds maybe? A new 3D Zelda that has real dugeons and weapons that don't break? Feels bad man.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
They should've just had a good gameplay segment of the game without people and great music.

This is what happens when advertiser have no Link to the gaming.

You could argue this is for the casuals, but it's cringe either way.

Unknown16

Neo Member
Anybody else underwhelmed by this game and wish Nintendo would just pump out a different Zelda instead? A sequel to a Link Between Worlds maybe? A new 3D Zelda that has real dugeons and weapons that don't break? Feels bad man.
You'll buy that Wind Waker and Twilight Princess remaster for $60 each and be happy.

Lethal01

Nah, I don't want what you want, just want Botw with more places to explore and tweaks to the combat.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Anybody else underwhelmed by this game and wish Nintendo would just pump out a different Zelda instead? A sequel to a Link Between Worlds maybe? A new 3D Zelda that has real dugeons and weapons that don't break?
I dont share your opinion, I fucking LOVED BotW and I'm getting follow up to that game and I couldn't be happier....
Feels bad man.
0a392c1e70c0e4b367e4094ef594bf5b.gif

Tg89

nah, we'll get that eventually.

botw was one of the best games of the last decade, love to see them build on it. the fact they dedicated so many years to building on what they established there has me hype. cant imagine what they've been able to accomplish.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Not me. Breath Of The Wild was utterly amazing in practically every way. I think what we’ll get here is an evolution of that with some creative new abilities which will enable Link to solve puzzles/traverse the world in really interesting ways. I think it has the potential to be even better than BOTW.

DKPOWPOW

The graphics look better here than in the trailers.

Commercial is meh though. It seems they still haven’t outgrown the Wii style advertising.

Ocarina and Majora ads had a legendary feel to them. Miss those. N64 era Nintendo had some of their best advertising ever. Remember that Smash Bros. commercial?

Top Bottom