• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Call of Duty is called Infinite Warfare

ViciousDS

Banned
I look forward to jumping 50 feet by teleporting...........dear god this is going to suck.....I have no faith in Infinity Ward

Caffeine

The funny thing is Black Ops 3 seemed to reinvigorate the COD multuiplayer scene in a pretty meaningful way. The game has consistently been the top ten most-streamed games on Twitch since it's launch. Every other multiplayer shooter from last year has completely fallen off.

to be fair activision bought mlg because a lot of the streamers were stuck to only streaming at mlgs website via contract. cod was huge on twitch years ago but mlg started shoving contracts down stupid young popular streamers who only saw dollar signs like nadeshot etc.

during a contract they couldnt stream to any other platform and some of these spanned up to 5-6 years.

of course they also bought it to have a tournament circuit for all current and upcoming acti-blizzard games.
and opened it up to ESL not being only tied down to an american circuit.

PSOreo

Part of me hopes this is actually a Modern Warefare collection but it's going to be the space thing isn't it? I am tempted to try get back in COD this year but if Battlefield is going back to the World War era then I might be more inclined to go Battlefield again. Hopefully it's less of a glitchy mess of a launch that 4 was.

speedomodel

At this point, they just need to make COD 5, or reboot with just Call of Duty. Give the series SOMETHING.

This is going to same shit, different year..

io4cSNg.gif

So a few people think its going to be some kind of space warfare thing? If this is true ill buy the next battlefield instead if its indeed set in WW1/2.

SpartanN92

Banned
Ok well that settles it...

I refuse to buy any more CoD games until they return to the Modern Warfare setting (I'll also settle for WWII).
I am so sick and tired of every FPS trying to be futuristic and fast paced thruster/jet pack bullshit.
I miss the old CoD, the old Halo... I'm just so damn sick of this shit.

ViciousDS

Banned
what if Infinite Warfare means that warfare never ends and it relates more or less to the main feature of the game.

Online persistent war..............I could see the Micro transactions already. Kill-streaks, vehicles, weapons all cost money and are hidden in packs.

I hope that Shinobi wasn't 100% correct. I hope it's a time travel game, so while you are from the far future and there is space combat and nonsense you travel back in time to various wars.

Upinsmoke

Well hopefully it's so far in the future that after it nobody want's to make a futuristic cod anymore so they just go back to present day, vietnam, ww 2 whatever

Top Bottom