• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lendor

LOL. Klee has bunch of dev friends. Btw. Scarlet devkits were shipped more than a month ago. Before XO19 event, not during the Spencet interview with Eurogamer when he said devkits were shipped.
NO, when he made his claim the devkits were not shipped, and he only have ONE dev that is leakin' stuff for him, (allegedly)

You know what, whatever, believe what you want.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
LOL you contradicted yourself already, first you say, ''if Xbox sink, its fine, MS is a trillion dollar company''. Now you say ''wait its not like that!''.

Xbox doesnt have trillion dollar to burn of course not, but i guarantee you that they will be burning more than ever had, thats how you grow a business, you keep investing, and MS have that money, more than sony, and just like Azure they will make sure to pump that $ to grow Xbox just like Azure, because they found a model that works, with Xcloud and gamepass.

No thts just how your interpreting it. There's a difference between Microsoft the company and Xbox the gaming sector of Microsoft the company smfh lol I am not contradicting anything.

You got it buddy. And nah they've been in gaming for several years now their money makers are azure cloud applications and of course Windows and all tht non gaming related stuff. During 360 era investors were asking to get rid of Xbox garming division and Xbox one isn't this great money maker either so I doubt very very much all tht money u think is disposable to them is, they are on a tight lease.

Lendor

No thts just how your interpreting it. There's a difference between Microsoft the company and Xbox the gaming sector of Microsoft the company smfh lol I am not contradicting anything.

You got it buddy. And nah they've been in gaming for several years now their money makers are azure cloud applications and of course Windows and all tht non gaming related stuff. During 360 era investors were asking to get rid of Xbox garming division and Xbox one isn't this great money maker either so I doubt very very much all tht money u think is disposable to them is, they are on a tight lease.

Sure little buddy:messenger_ok:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Why not if it has 2x the clock? I mean, you guys expect 48-52CUs at 1.8-2.0GHZ? Because thats pipe dream.

Either you go wide and slow, or narrow and fast. I think entire Sony design philosophy for PS5 is narrow and fast.

Narrow bus, fast RAM. Narrow GPU, fast clocks. This will make for better yields and cheaper SOC, as well as easier BC.

I am telling you right now, it will be at least 40CU like the Pro, for their BC solution.

The Pro was a test bed for this.

They are not going backwards in CU count, especially going from 16nm to 7nm. It makes no logical sense with all we know about their BC solution and patents for it.

Last edited:
NO, when he made his claim the devkits were not shipped, and he only have ONE dev that is leakin' stuff for him, (allegedly)

You know what, whatever, believe what you want.

"No I can't really elaborate or go into more detail but.....yeah, my friend, who has been making games since the Dreamcast Era, and who is developing software for both Next-gen consoles said PS5 has the edge. "

Just got updated Scarlett dev kits recently and says new PS5 kits are due soon.

So, like i said, power difference between Scarlet and PS5 has nothing to do with Lockhart R&D.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
I am telling you right now, it will be at least 40CU like the Pro, for their BC solution.

The Pro was a test bed for this.
Pro has 36 active CUs.

Just to expand on this a bit...

Navi CUs are bigger then GCN ones, and have considerably less issues with higher clocks.

In addition to this, 7nm nodes are expensive and lower number of CUs at higher clocks will result in better yields and cheaper dies for Sony (not to mention straight forward BC).

This is why I think Sony made everything possible to have highest possible clocks at relatively low number of CUs.

Last edited:

Lendor

"No I can't really elaborate or go into more detail but.....yeah, my friend, who has been making games since the Dreamcast Era, and who is developing software for both Next-gen consoles said PS5 has the edge. "

Yeah, like i said ONE friend and date: October

I already said, believe what you want lol

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Sure little buddy:messenger_ok:

Right we see your narrative loud and clear lil Timmy 🤣😁

But u right investors Wil let Xbox just be a sink hole of money 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Yeah, my narrative is i play most of my games on Xbox and PC so? i linked an interview, or you think i faked this web page just to ''fit my narrative'' ?lol

No they're were not

And I linked one as well 🤦‍♂️What's your point? What u linked didnt discount anything I said. I am aware of all those articles.

Yeah, my narrative is i play most of my games on Xbox and PC so? i linked an interview, or you think i faked this web page just to ''fit my narrative'' ?lol

No they're were not

Yes, they were. So, you're developing games right now and you, JUST you got the Scarlet devkit from Phil Spencer itself. Just in time when Phil Spencer said that Scarlet devkits were shipped! Jeez man, you're awesome.

He's a know it all with a clear fanboy agenda don't even waste your breathe lol 😂 😂 😂

Yeah, i see that. LOL

Last edited:
According to the other forum (REEEEEEEEEEE)

FF2400 = Scarlett
3x3.19
5x3.21.20
10-1.14
5x4.8.5
4x6-1.9.12.4

3x3.19 i s
5x3.21.20 o u t
10-1.14 i n
5x4.8.5 t h e
4x6-1.9.12.4 w i l d

scarlett-code-96kxn.png

as in.... IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

bitbydeath

Absolutely, but keep it in mind GPU part in next gen consoles cannot be higher then 130W.

130W for GPU
30W for CPU
30W for RAM
15W for rest (I/O, mem controller, disk drive etc).

Current 40CU Navi with 9TF uses ~200W without RAM.

Basically you would need BIG improvements to get to acceptable level for 9TF GPU in consoles, let alone 11-12TF (which is just bogus).

PS4 Pro has a max wattage of 310 and the fans on the PS5 are giving away that it will be pushing just as much if not more.

MaulerX

Again, like i said, power difference between Scarlet and PS5 has nothing to do with Lockhart R&D.

Not sure what you're trying to say but if he got all his info from a particular person, then him being dead wrong on Lockhart means that we have to take the rest of his info with a huge grain of salt. That's all.

R600

Banned
Ah yes, you are correct. 40 with 36 active. I kept forgetting about that.

So 36 min I can see, but that would make for some massive CU’s with the die shrink. I still feel it will be a hair more.
They could hit 9TF with 36CUs @1.9GHZ so I can see Sony going with that.

It might result in slightly higher wattage, but I wonder if they would rather still go that way and put a bit more money into cooling, just so that they can have cheaper chips and easy BC?

Because 44CU part would not run at 1.8-1.9GHZ, probably 1.6GHZ so TF increase would be small. What also makes a difference is how double CUs with RDNa work.

They work brilliantely with 40CUs, but chips with 44CUs will maybe waste a bit of die space.

Last edited:
lol what a little kid you are, sure if iam wrong rub it, i dont care, but if this makes you feel more MAN, you have a problem.

Look who's talking! Refusing to accept that Scarlet devkits were shipped more than a month ago. LOL

Phil's statement during Eurogamer interview"we just ship" has a little wider meaning. It can mean devkits were shipped maybe week or 2 or month ago, not exactly during interview. LOL

Learn from this, Xbone kid! Larger devs ALWAYS got devkits EARLIER!

TLZ

Banned
According to the other forum (REEEEEEEEEEE)

FF2400 = Scarlett
3x3.19
5x3.21.20
10-1.14
5x4.8.5
4x6-1.9.12.4

3x3.19 i s
5x3.21.20 o u t
10-1.14 i n
5x4.8.5 t h e
4x6-1.9.12.4 w i l d

scarlett-code-96kxn.png

as in.... IT'S FUCKING NOTHING
I knew it had to do with letters. But I didn't know how to do the maths.

I swear I did :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not sure what you're trying to say but if he got all his info from a particular person, then him being dead wrong on Lockhart means that we have to take the rest of his info with a huge grain of salt. That's all.

Tom Warren ALSO CLAIMED that Lockhart WAS dead. So, Tom Warren was wrong too?

Let's take Tom Warren's info with huuuuge grain of salt, shall we

Last edited:

Lendor

Look who's talking! Refusing to accept that Scarlet devkits were shipped more than a month ago. LOL

Phil's statement during Eurogamer interview"we just ship" has a little wider meaning. It can mean devkits were shipped maybe week or 2 or month ago, not exactly during interview. LOL

Learn from this, Xbone kid! Larger devs ALWAYS got devkits EARLIER!

And who said Klee dev friend is from a large publisher?

Gamernyc78

Banned
Then you cant read, sorry about that.

Again, last time i checked we are close to 2020 and Xbox still strong,not sold, but hey, i guess you stopped in 2014, damn...

Yeah yeah you right right thy need you to run their business and have tht unlimited sinkhole vibe going on lol 😂 😂 😂

Peace pseudo arm chair analyst the green force is strong within you.. Phil is proud.

I knew it had to do with letters. But I didn't know how to do the maths.

I swear I did :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I knew what we had was wrong, just not that it was a message. I mean, apparently Scarlett leaks are on the way if it's being sent to third parties and such. Or not... since PS5 already is and we still have no leaks. Good ones at least.

Reactions: TLZ

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They could hit 9TF with 36CUs @1.9GHZ so I can see Sony going with that.

It might result in slightly higher wattage, but I wonder if they would rather still go that way and put a bit more money into cooling, just so that they can have cheaper chips and easy BC?

Because 44CU part would not run at 1.8-1.9GHZ, probably 1.6GHZ so TF increase would be small. What also makes a difference is how double CUs with RDNa work.

They work brilliantely with 40CUs, but chips with 44CUs will maybe waste a bit of die space.

Won't there be plenty more room for the 40 target with the die shrink?

R600

Banned
You’re table is in reference to those specific titles. My reference was from the official PlayStation website.
Your reference is and they should fix that.

You can see they have PS4 at max 160W, so why would PS4 Pro with 2x TF on 16nm process have 2x the TDP? Its bogus mistake. PS4 Pro is 140-160W console.

THE:MILKMAN

PS4 Pro has a max wattage of 310 and the fans on the PS5 are giving away that it will be pushing just as much if not more.

PSU rating (310W) versus power consumption at the wall running games (~155W-175W)

My PC has a 550W PSU but my PC uses well below 100W (no dGPU). I can't claim it uses 550W!

Sony weirdly and confusingly describe the power supply rating as 'power consumption'. Just look at previous PlayStation's like PS3. That had a 380W PSU (or power consumption as Sony say) but the actual usage was ~200W in tests.

Or look at the Xbox One X. More powerful than Pro and on the same 16nm process with more CUs and higher clocks but has a lower 245W PSU.

MaulerX

Tom Warren ALSO CLAIMED that Lockhart WAS dead. So, Tom Warren was wrong too?

Let's take Tom Warren's info with huuuuge grain of salt, shall we

The article you referenced is old and from June. That might have been true then as far as they knew. Klee doubled down and said Lockhart was still dead, just a few days ago after Tom Warren and Brad Sams said it was not. It's clear his sources are not current and up to date. You believe what YOU want to believe though.

You're not convincing anyone since we have an actual timeline of who said what and when they said it. Cheers.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
Won't there be plenty more room for the 40 target with the die shrink?
There will be, problem is they have to deactivate some for yields (because if they didnt, a GPU with 2CUs not working would be thrown away).

Its all about how RDNA WGPs CUs are designed and it looks to me they are designed perfectly for 40CU part (or 20 as 5500 has). Really think 44 would be fairly unorthodox and possibly design problem as it doesnt fit in on die.as nice.

Lendor

In other words : "So i'm gonna believe Tom Warren when he says one thing, but then discard the other things he says that doesn't fit a particular narrative?"

Gotcha, dude!
No, again, just read the thread you linked before and you will understand the order of things and why i think Tom is more credible than Kleegamer. Not only that, Warren is a journalist with 20 years on the industry with sources direct from Microsoft no? what Kleegamer is? a forum poster just like you and me, who knows some devs?

Klee doubled down and said Lockhart was still dead, just a few days ago after Tom Warren and Brad Sams said it was not. It's clear his sources are not current and up to date. You believe what YOU want to believe though.

You're not convincing anyone since we have an actual timeline of who said what and when they said it. Cheers.

Yeah, but Tom Warren claimed that Lockhart was dead a DAY after Klee said that, not before. Weird, isn't it.

Btw. Brad Sams claimed that Xbone SAD will cost 199$, in the end launch price was 249$. Take Brad Sams statements with huuge grain of salt.

-kb-

The article you referenced is old and from June. That might have been true then as far as they knew. Klee doubled down and said Lockhart was still dead, just a few days ago after Tom Warren and Brad Sams said it was not. It's clear his sources are not current and up to date. You believe what YOU want to believe though.

None of that is clear from anything. It is entirely possible that a dev could not be up to date on Lockhart and still know specs of Anacoda for example.

MadAnon

That's the max PSU wattage. Just like launch ps3 had 380w PSU but in reality ps3 consumed under 200w. DF has a video about PS4 pro power consumption. It runs well under 200w during significant load.

Last edited:

MaulerX

Yeah, but Tom Warren claimed that Lockhart was dead a DAY after Klee said that, not before. Weird, isn't it.

Btw. Brad Sams claimed that Xbone SAD will cost 199$, in the end launch price was 249$. Take Brad Sams statements with huuge grain of salt.

No he did not. You're making shit up now or you got you're timelines crossed.

For what?

The bolded.

None of that is clear from anything. It is entirely possible that a dev could not be up to date on Lockhart and still know specs of Anacoda for example.

Sure, but it sure gives you pause before taking it as gospel doesn't it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom