• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

Does anyone here really believe that a developer put footage of next gen game on USB and shown him? Do you people work and if you do, do you think you can put secret project on USB and show it around?

He described video in such detail on most public gaming forum that someone ought to check who the fuck has been showing next gen game on USB outside of the studio. And the way he describes it...so sooo much detail, almost too much. First sign of lying...

Airplane Assassins Creed says hi.

DaMonsta

Dude, Do you remember after PS4/Xbox One released how Xbox fans (MisterX, Tomdogg, colt...etc) MS execs ( Penello) and publications (Digital Foundry) plus hundreds of astrosurfers who plagued all forums just to spread lies and damage control Xbox One obvious weaknesses vs PS4.

Those people were spreading lies AFTER knowing the specs....now feel free to point out any crazy claims in this 60k posts "speculation " thread or any similar behavior from PS fans. One thing I'm hoping once the specs are fully revealed that Xfans won't resort to "hidden GPUs inside the powerbrick " "its all about the OS 🤣" type of justifications.
No, I don’t know much about that because I don’t concern myself with crazies.

In the end all this talk won't matter and Playstation will once again dominate as usual 👑
But I do see plenty of crazy shit like this from people like you in this thread lol

JMB88

Neo Member
Of course they are. Surely Xbox fans are the vocal ones. As provided in this "spec sheet" Cheers!

Yes, but there are also the same fans of Sony and Nintendo. Let's not deny that they don't exist.

Xbox fans suffered a lot of trolling at the beginning of the generation by specifications. Life is a circle, everything comes back and now it's our turn to "suffer" a little.

Mass Shift

Another one I found interesting

vliwUkl.jpg

At times people would be happy with double digit GCN this was certainly an interesting comment and it tells me that your 2nd point is likely not his reason for "bingo".

He was cought saying GCN v Navi floos many times as well saying Navi has more perf per TF and we shouldnt concentrate on TF.

Looking back I felt that during those moments he sounded a great deal like Richard and the rest of the guys at DF. They were all down playing the actual performance numbers and said both MS and Sony would underscore other performance metrics. That we really wouldn't be impressed with the FLOP figures.

Then somehow we ended up with an actual 12TF Xbox and a speculative 12-13TF PS5.

That right there gives me hope for the PS5. I just wish people would realize that the insiders indeed have been engaging in less facts and more guesswork about these specs.

ok.

So where's the bit where he shares those specs he's seen ? (after he gets those spec sheets)

Nov. 2019

OMG I could say so much here about Scarlett but I have to keep my mouth shut.

R600

Banned
Airplane Assassins Creed says hi.
Yea, purpose leak done yearly by Ubisoft. Not next gen game not released in next 2 years.

But even still, taking next gen game footage on your USB, showing it around, letting your friend describe it as detailed as possible and even giving him actual spec sheet? Lol, sure...If anyone cared to get that guy, Klees source, they could have done it ages ago.

Again, a bit too much from guy working nightshifts in Alaskan woods.

Koopatrol

Github leaks were testing BC for PS5. That's pretty clear given the frequencies of the GPU. I'm not sure why people are acting like it's confirmation of anything, when no RT proves that the full context just is not there for us to decipher.

Do people really think Sony would use a 40 CU chip for the PS5? I find it highly unlikely after what they used for the PS4 Pro. What I think is far more likely is that they had some CU disabled for BC tests.

I've seen the argument that Sony needed to keep 40 CU for BC purposes, but that is even more unlikely and not a great argument. This isn't a PS4 Pro "Pro"; this is the next generation of consoles. Sony is going to put much more emphasis on the tech that will power the next generation rather than sacrificing their main technological gains for BC purposes. That's just dumb and would leave them behind an entire generation. In addition, there were rumors that Sony was having difficulty getting BC on the PS5. Why would there be any difficulty if it's 40 CU just like the PS4 Pro? They're having difficulty because they are trying to integrate BC into the next generation, NOT the opposite: they are not trying to integrate a PS4 into the next generation of consoles.

Like I said, they are not going to sacrifice next gen and go with a 40 CU chip JUST to have BC. That's silly and will kill their entire next gen by deliberately being subpar. It doesn't make sense, I guess unless there are some very big problems going on within Sony. Which I doubt.

DaMonsta

Wel ur provided documents to the mod and they agree keep him around till reveal and if he is wrong then bye bye for him . No one gets immunity . What has nogorobomojohofo blue lol has shown that colt East wood and crew asks him about his expert opinion on ps5? Nothing just an extremely wild false fantasies .

btw TF got xsx spec 100% correct lol just saying
Microsoft revealed their spec before any one else.

LED Guy?

Banned
Nothing he said was concrete.

It was all vauge, ranges and heavily interpretable drive by statements.

You guys have turned that into a story that he didn’t even tell.
Nope most of the comments were concrete, and keep in mind, he can’t say anything, if Klee was “vague” as you say, then every insider is “vague as fuck to the point you won’t understand what they say” vague.

R600

Banned
Github leaks were testing BC for PS5. That's pretty clear given the frequencies of the GPU. I'm not sure why people are acting like it's confirmation of anything, when no RT proves that the full context just is not there for us to decipher.

Do people really think Sony would use a 40 CU chip for the PS5? I find it highly unlikely after what they used for the PS4 Pro. What I think is far more likely is that they had some CU disabled for BC tests.

I've seen the argument that Sony needed to keep 40 CU for BC purposes, but that is even more unlikely and not a great argument. This isn't a PS4 Pro "Pro"; this is the next generation of consoles. Sony is going to put much more emphasis on the tech that will power the next generation rather than sacrificing their main technological gains for BC purposes. That's just dumb and would leave them behind an entire generation. In addition, there were rumors that Sony was having difficulty getting BC on the PS5. Why would there be any difficulty if it's 40 CU just like the PS4 Pro? They're having difficulty because they are trying to integrate BC into the next generation, NOT the opposite: they are not trying to integrate a PS4 into the next generation of consoles.

Like I said, they are not going to sacrifice next gen and go with a 40 CU chip JUST to have BC. That's silly and will kill their entire next gen by deliberately being subpar. It doesn't make sense, I guess unless there are some very big problems going on within Sony. Which I doubt.
Incorrect.

Github was regression test containing data for Native, BC1 and BC2 modes.

ok.

So where's the bit where he shares those specs he's seen ? (after he gets those spec sheets)
I dunno man. I'm not the one trudging old posts on another site and making claims. How bout you do your homework better and let us know.

I would actually like to see the timeline of claims in chronological order from every insider not banned. It would probably make more sense than what we've seen in the past pages.

HolyTruth

Banned
Dude, Do you remember after PS4/Xbox One released how Xbox fans (MisterX, Tomdogg, colt...etc) MS execs ( Penello) and publications (Digital Foundry) plus hundreds of astrosurfers who plagued all forums just to spread lies and damage control Xbox One obvious weaknesses vs PS4.

Those people were spreading lies AFTER knowing the specs....now feel free to point out any crazy claims in this 60k posts "speculation " thread or any similar behavior from PS fans. One thing I'm hoping once the specs are fully revealed that Xfans won't resort to "hidden GPUs inside the powerbrick " "its all about the OS 🤣" type of justifications.

In the end all this talk won't matter and Playstation will once again dominate as usual 👑

Wut? It was actually the other way around. Just look at the old threads:

almost 8000 replies on this thread and it was 100% BULLSHIT but even the freaking title says „TRUTH FACT“, so not only truth, but also a fact. Lol

and 100% bullshit. Like yield issues? As if Xbox one is going to have another RROD type of Desaster? Right before launch they spread this bullshit?! From a so-called „insider“.
back then only thing CBOAT Did was spread FUD about Xbox. Like this yield issue crap. Or titanfall being sub 720p or something.
and everything right before the launch of the consoles.

DaMonsta

Nope most of the comments were concrete, and keep in mind, he can’t say anything, if Klee was “vague” as you say, then every insider is “vague as fuck to the point you won’t understand what they say” vague.
What did he say that you feel was concrete info, without any room for interpretation?

That’s kinda a prerequisite for being an “insider” in the gaming community.

Say shit specific enough to take credit for if it comes true and vague enough to not have to answer for yourself if it doesn’t.

THE:MILKMAN

At least look at the date.
He has specs for both, his friend is a 3rd party developer.

Did he confirm the spec info was from his dev source? I didn't see that and his self ban seemed to come directly after him saying he had the spec sheet but was asked not to post it and that he shouldn't have said anything.

ethomaz

Banned
Kleegamefan - this game of whispers could stop -read this : (yes it's the other place - list of his statements here )

about that 12TF = "Bingo" comment though :

GUbOUDA.png

0Rk61HI.png

(see the rest of the thread) - seems nobody knows what he meant - he was agreeing (maybe?) - but with what? the math, the TF, something else - nobody knows ..

..what else did he say "bingo" to .. I wonder :

tekMdKa.png

That's right folks - he agree with :

So there's two options here :
  1. He agreed that 12TF RDNA is unrealistic and therefor doesn't know shit
  2. He says "bingo" to clowns who've got the whole thing wrong.
Letting you decide..

;tldr that "bingo" comment isn't worth taking seriously.
Bingo here in Brasil is agree with something.
He was agreeing with 12TFs for Xbox.

Yes, but there are also the same fans of Sony and Nintendo. Let's not deny that they don't exist.

Xbox fans suffered a lot of trolling at the beginning of the generation by specifications
. Life is a circle, everything comes back and now it's our turn to "suffer" a little.

Never said they don't. Dude, you surely missed 2012 here and that gold mine thread about who will lead in next-gen. And Xbox fans surely continued that in 2013 and beyond. MisterXmedia, Timdog etc. surely didn't stopped after fuckin' 7 years

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
This is when Kleegamefan said both consoles are more feature-rich and more powerful than RX 5700 XT which not ONE guy expected this, and confirmed both are double digits here, back in August, before anyone out there.

DQdtFsi.jpg

NqonzKL.jpg

And this here is when he said he has the specs sheet for both consoles in DECEMBER OF 2019, TWENTY NINETEEN. 2019.

d2e19qA.jpg

Last edited:

DaMonsta

It is not crazy if it is true. You know it, I know it, Microsoft knows it, Sony knows it, the pope knows it, Phil Spencers sidechick knows it. Sony is undefeated, undisputed king of consoles
You or other fans saying this as it’s a personal win for yourself is the crazy part.

Never saw someone drinking a Pepsi and said to them “ha ha, coke dominates keep drinking your inferior soft drink”

That’s crazy talk. 😂

This is when Kleegamefan said both consoles are more feature-rich and double digits here, back in August, before anyone out there.

DQdtFsi.jpg

NqonzKL.jpg

And this here is when he said he has the specs sheet for both consoles in DECEMBER OF 2019, TWENTY NINETEEN. 2019.

d2e19qA.jpg

Bravo. Also, just found it, but you were faster. Also, just in case in someone missed :

Nov. 2019

OMG I could say so much here about Scarlett but I have to keep my mouth shut.

Last edited:

xool

I dunno man. I'm not the one trudging old posts on another site and making claims. How bout you do your homework better and let us know.

I would actually like to see the timeline of claims in chronological order from every insider not banned. It would probably make more sense than what we've seen in the past pages.
I did - there's nothing there. No specs, nothing. [I was following it at the time]

Don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

R600

Banned
This is when Kleegamefan said both consoles are more feature-rich and double digits here, back in August, before anyone out there.

DQdtFsi.jpg

NqonzKL.jpg

d2e19qA.jpg
So all bunch of nothing? "From what I know..." So, not only 2nd source, but his own doesnt know.

Btw nobody has answered me how come his friend gave him next gen project from USB that he took from his workplace, with Klee describing everything in detail, and then in additon to that spec sheet for both consoles? Because he literally gave such a detailed look of a game that it would be breeze to find who took and show him footage.

Chances are, our alaskan guy is lying.

LED Guy?

Banned
What did he say that you feel was concrete info, without any room for interpretation?

That’s kinda a prerequisite for being an “insider” in the gaming community.

Say shit specific enough to take credit for if it comes true and vague enough to not have to answer for yourself if it doesn’t.
He did say so many of his shit concrete enough, both consoles being more powerful than RX 5700 XT, HW RT and VRS for both, that game that he saw that was soooo impressive as he said, him having the specs sheet, RDNA DOUBLE DIGITS for both consoles? Stop it man.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
You or other fans saying this as it’s a personal win for yourself is the crazy part.

Never saw someone drinking a Pepsi and said to them “ha ha, coke dominates keep drinking your inferior soft drink”

That’s crazy talk. 😂
Uhm it is not a personal win for me. It is a win for Sony and someone needs to get you delusional Xbox fans back to reality. Are you one of those who believe in 9TF Playstation? I don't keep track who of you believes what.

Here take some truth medication

unKXeo5.jpg

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Seems like the loudest voices in here when it comes to Ps5 TF is 9.2 camp and 12 < camp I think they are both trolling. One side to get hype up so no matter what will be disappointing and the other to keep hype down for as long as they can. I think both will be close and I think that both will be 12-13 tf gcn so 10-11 rdna because twice the power of one X isnt 12tf of rdna2 if it was that it would be alot higher when compared to one x gcn tf.

You do realize that MS has put the 12TF RDNA 2 number on paper right? This isn't figurative, it's 12TF. Real-world performance is likely much higher than 2x XboneX, especially allowing for VRS. Maybe the PS5 target is 13TF or more, we don't know, what we do know is the 12TF number for XSX. This would be a minimum number, only way this would change would be a last-minute clock change (if the silicone Gods smiled on MS in mass production).

LED Guy?

Banned
So all bunch of nothing? "From what I know..." So, not only 2nd source, but his own doesnt know.

Btw nobody has answered me how come his friend gave him next gen project from USB that he took from his workplace, with Klee describing everything in detail, and then in additon to that spec sheet for both consoles? Because he literally gave such a detailed look of a game that it would be breeze to find who took and show him footage.

OK LMAO!! you’re just trolling at this point, splitting hairs, logical fallacies, straw-manning and everything in the book all for Microsoft and their Xbox consoles 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Yeah because the numbers weren’t really that impressive if you look at it from the outside, it’s why he did say that and if you see how much these guys from REEEEE expected, they expected 14 TFlops and 16 TFlops GCN of course, so 12 TF would look kinda disappointing.
God I don't get how they are misreading this. Fine dont believe him but damn people really aren't happy until they feel that PS5 isn't close to XSX power. I mean why even be in this forum arguing over it if you are happy about your own RDNA 2.0 12tf machine. So much to be happy for on the MS end. I dont get it. They are calling everyone else crazy and they are in here arguing when they have specs. Jesus what type of mind does that.

Ralf

Banned
399$ for 9TF machine is very good deal. PS5 not must be more/this same powerfull like XSX to sell very well. Why Sony fans dont understand this??.

M-V2

I believe PS5 will be 9.2TF in BEST case scenario. I also think Sony will have RDNA2 RT and VRS.

I also think XSX would be 9-10TF if it followed agressive, but well known console/tdp form factor and didnt have lower end console to counter expensive premium console.

I dont think its failure from Sony side if they have around 9TF, I just think they aimed for extremely good console for reasonable price (at loss). They dont 2nd console to counter Lockhart so it would make 0 sense for them to go with PC tower like console and 250W+ console. Thats all.

And Github is OFFICIAL document from AMD that also perfectly ties with another deleted leak, Flute benchmark.

Hello Mark Cerny, long time no see 🙃

R600

Banned
OK LMAO!! you’re just trolling at this point, splitting hairs, logical fallacies, straw-manning and everything in the book all for Microsoft and their Xbox consoles 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mate its not splitting hairs. He literally said he asked his friend and his friend said "from what I know".

Not only is Klee not sure, his friend isnt either, and he is 2nd source. To make things worse, his friend took next gen footage from his own studio, put it on USB, showed Klee and also gave him spec sheet (but still "from what he knows...").

That makes it EXTREMELY unlikely he is telling truth because detailed look into game he gave made it easy to trace his source who took footage on USB. Certainly someone leaking such thing would be fired, add to that spec sheet and huh...he would probably be sued to oblivion and not only fired.

DaMonsta

He did say so many of his shot concrete enough, both consoles being more powerful than RX 5700 XT, HW RT and VRS for both, that game that he saw that was soooo impressive as he said, him having the specs sheet, RDNA DOUBLE DIGITS for both consoles? Stop it man.
None of this is concrete.

What exactly does “more powerful than rx 5700” mean?

Is he talking about performance, or on paper spec?

How much more powerful? We talking 9.8 GCN tflops or 12 RDNA tflops?

Saying they will be “more powerful than a 5700” is kinda the easiest prediction one can make. The last gen X was 6TF. At least 9.8 seems a given.

Uhm it is not a personal win for me. It is a win for Sony and someone needs to get you delusional Xbox fans back to reality. Are you one of those who believe in 9TF Playstation? I don't keep track who of you believes what.

Here take some truth medication

unKXeo5.jpg

Like I said, you guys are absolutely fucking nuts 😂😂😂😂

I ain’t mad at you though man, keep your passion. A win for PlayStation is a win for warriors all over the world.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
None of this is concrete.

What exactly does “more powerful than exist 5700” mean?

Is he talking about performance, or on paper spec?

How much more powerful? We talking 9.8 GCN tflops or 12 RDNA tflops?

Saying they will be “more powerful than a 5700” is kinda the easiest prediction one can make. The last gen X was 6TF. At least 9.8 seems a given.

Like I said, you guys are absolutely fucking nuts 😂😂😂😂

I ain’t mad at you though man, keep your passion. A win for PlayStation is a win for warriors all over the world.
The projection is real. Mindboggling even

Koopatrol

Incorrect.

Github was regression test containing data for Native, BC1 and BC2 modes.

It's possible that "native" refers to enhanced PS5 BC, IMO. Makes sense if they were already testing BC modes and no RT is in the tests. That's just my speculation.

In any case, this Github talk is tiring and it's annoying this forum keeps coming back to this. So that's all I'll say.

LED Guy?

Banned
Mate its not splitting hairs. He literally said he asked his friend and his friend said "from what I know".

Not only is Klee not sure, his friend isnt either, and he is 2nd source. To make things worse, his friend took next gen footage from his own studio, put it on USB, showed Klee and also gave him spec sheet (but still "from what he knows...").

That makes it EXTREMELY unlikely he is telling truth because detailed look into game he gave made it easy to trace his source who took footage on USB. Certainly someone leaking such thing would be fired, add to that spec sheet and huh...he would probably be sued to oblivion and not only fired.
Yo LMAO!! His friend is a 3rd party developer developing a next-generation game, you honestly do not know what you’re talking about at all, you’re just spewing lies after lies and with every reply you make you get exposed by me, stop embarrassing yourself 😂😂😂😂

What he said is just proven factual but you don’t like it because it favors the PS5 🤣🤣🤣

R600

Banned
Post the full picture.

owbFLzp.png

Post that the subsequent tests were all Arden (no Oberon test).

zLFuuwk.png
Ill post camera pictures when I am back home just for you. What you are showing is test template of Arden in BC1 Oberon test. Numbers are still exactly same as PS4Pro BC, but text is pulled from Arden data (basically test name RT will have result 216GB/s) which makes 0 sense.

Again, as in case of PS3 wattage, I will be posting proofs until you can no longer ignore it.

Farrell55

Banned

And when he is right then you are the Liar 😁

R600

Banned
Yo LMAO!! His friend is a 3rd party developer developing a next-generation game, you honestly do not know what you’re talking about at all, you’re just spewing lies after lies and with every reply you make you get exposed by me, stop embarrassing yourself 😂😂😂😂

What he said is just proven factual but you don’t like it because it favors the PS5 🤣🤣🤣
People can read my post and then yours (or your twitter feed) and see who is embarassing himself here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom