• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should add that I mean no xbox exclusives for pc gamers, as in all xbox games are on pc.
Well I hate to tell you we are moving that direction as a whole.
The Gaming Industry slowly trying to become easier on game developers and game publishers. Even Console Makers are trying to make it easier on Game Developers and Publishers.

The Xbox One and PS4 ran the same architecture last gen. PS5 and Xbox Series X will be closer in terms of Specs then Last Gen. To Make it easier on Developers and Publishers

Sony PS5 is moving PSN over to the Azure Network. Azure Network the backbone of Xbox Live to make it easier on Developers and Publishers to do Cross Platform Gaming.

Every Thing In Gaming is becoming stream lined to Maximize Profits and Efficiencies of Game Development and Publishing.

As Many laughed at Microsoft with Game Pass and putting games on PC. Sony is slowly following suit. There is to Much money to be made not to.

So I wouldn’t be surprised in the next 5 years. If there is an app on Xbox that is a Subscription service to play PS Games I.E. PS Now. I wouldn’t Be surprised if Game Pass ends up on PS5. Or You as a gamer being able to buy older PlayStation Exclusives on Xbox. Being able to Buy Xbox Exclusives On PS. We are moving that direction very fast.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
In a way I wish HZD wasn't going to PC, suddenly (well, more than usual) everyone is port begging for every PS exclusive and its fucking annoying. Especially Bloodborne.
But... I kinda want to see Dreams on PC.

That's the shit that made me question/doubt him.
its going to happen with every single exclusive they announce going forward.

they know it. MS went through the same thing and eventually started releasing everything on day one.

thats not the worst case scenario though. Sony's ssd solution is supposed to be super advanced and way ahead of anything on pc. might be something crazy like 7 gbps. almost 2x whats on pc at the moment. with their games set to release on pcs, there is a good chance they will get built with pc ssd limitations in mind.

we already knew that multiplatform devs wouldnt have utilized their ssd solution to its fullest potential other than for loading, but now there is a good possibility that first party devs wont either.

Mr Moose

really? natively for games?
I've never tried but I think you can use that shit in CoD and other games.

its going to happen with every single exclusive they announce going forward.

they know it. MS went through the same thing and eventually started releasing everything on day one.

thats not the worst case scenario though. Sony's ssd solution is supposed to be super advanced and way ahead of anything on pc. might be something crazy like 7 gbps. almost 2x whats on pc at the moment. with their games set to release on pcs, there is a good chance they will get built with pc ssd limitations in mind.

we already knew that multiplatform devs wouldnt have utilized their ssd solution to its fullest potential other than for loading, but now there is a good possibility that first party devs wont either.
I don't think they really need to though unlike MS. (MS has a PC store and stuff).
The big PS games are selling over 10M copies, which is a shit load.
I hope their strategy works out.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
Well I hate to tell you we are moving that direction as a whole.
The Gaming Industry slowly trying to become easier on game developers and game publishers. Even Console Makers are trying to make it easier on Game Developers and Publishers.

The Xbox One and PS4 ran the same architecture last gen. PS5 and Xbox Series X will be closer in terms of Specs then Last Gen. To Make it easier on Developers and Publishers

Sony PS5 is moving PSN over to the Azure Network. Azure Network the backbone of Xbox Live to make it easier on Developers and Publishers to do Cross Platform Gaming.

Every Thing In Gaming is becoming stream lined to Maximize Profits and Efficiencies of Game Development and Publishing.

As Many laughed at Microsoft with Game Pass and putting games on PC. Sony is slowly following suit. There is to Much money to be made not to.

So I wouldn’t be surprised in the next 5 years. If there is an app on Xbox that is a Subscription service to play PS Games I.E. PS Now. I wouldn’t Be surprised if Game Pass ends up on PS5. Or You as a gamer being able to buy older PlayStation Exclusives on Xbox. Being able to Buy Xbox Exclusives On PS. We are moving that direction very fast.
There is more money but I wouldn't say it makes the job of Sony devs easier. It makes it even harder I would say. Porting a game to PC is not easy. Even Rockstar is struggling with that although they are releasing it on PC one year later

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think 2020 Going to change the gaming industry to use more streaming Events to Announce things and less Trade Shows.

I also Hope Covid-19 Passes swiftly and be a forgotten thing like SARS by the Summer.
cancelling events like this and playing in empty stadiums is a good start and should make this a thing of the past come summer.

i really hope the u.s starts taking shit seriously. schools are still open and everyone seems to be going about their business. they blocked off a long island suburb in ny today but only after 300 cases. that kind of stuff needs to happen way before that many cases. 300 cases means 10 deaths.

There is more money but I wouldn't say it makes the job of Sony devs easier. It makes it even harder I would say. Porting a game to PC is not easy. Even Rockstar is struggling with that although they are releasing it on PC one year later
Eventually if Sony fully embraces the Idea. There would be a Dev Team Handling Ports.

Mr Moose

All the main pubs will saving millions if E3 is cancelled. Everyone will do a Nintendo recorded thing (but without the games there to play, maybe).

Koopatrol

Whatever happened to CBOAT anyway? That stuff was crazy at the beginning of this generation.

He came into this thread with a couple of posts. He posted an ominous GIF and said something like "is this thing on?" Then he came back later that day/the next day and said "General Ford's skinner cage" and has not been seen since.

saintjules

I think 2020 Going to change the gaming industry to use more streaming Events to Announce things and less Trade Shows.

I also Hope Covid-19 Passes swiftly and be a forgotten thing like SARS by the Summer.

What a way to start a new decade. I always think about how movies show a foreshadowing of technological changes from a fictional setting. Are we seeing an evolution of how things are being done now moving forward? New decade. New way of doing things 🤔

saintjules

I was thinking just that, if E3 is cancelled publishers don't need to wait till June to spill the beans.
Yeah. It was like June was the biggest platform to showcase your work to the masses. Without that now, you are now to showcase on your own platform. The Renaissance is beginning.

FrozenFlame

He came into this thread with a couple of posts. He posted an ominous GIF and said something like "is this thing on?" Then he came back later that day/the next day and said "General Ford's skinner cage" and has not been seen since.

I find it funny that it was the big return of CBOAT, a hint was given and quickly forgotten. There wasn't an effort in figure out what it was.

Koopatrol

I find it funny that it was the big return of CBOAT, a hint was given and quickly forgotten. There wasn't an effort in figure out what it was.

Some people made a connection to Edge of Tomorrow. I guess all of those terms are in the movie? lmao. But yeah, we all moved on pretty quickly after the posts.

UfSeDz2.png

FrozenFlame

Some people made a connection to Edge of Tomorrow. I guess all of those terms are in the movie? lmao. But yeah, we all moved on pretty quickly after the posts.

UfSeDz2.png

The thing about the old CBOAT vs the new one is that it wasn't about figuring out what the hint meant, it was all about translating his particular writing style, which made things easier.

The Edge of Tomorrow hint only makes sense if you already know what's about, otherwise, it's just a vague hint.

I don't really understand what BGs is talking about.

Sony has some kind of 8GB surprise incoming for their hardware?

What could it *possibly* be? HBM is the only thing I can think of, but nothing seems to point to that and I feel like we would have had stronger hints of that.

Lots of DKs but only one retail? The one that is famously under lock and key, according to Osiris?

I'm so confused and wish they'd just talk.

RERAM.

I'm not giving up.

Sinthor

Gold Member

Covid-19 probably WILL be forgotten by summer. And...if lots of these events are cancelled and have to go digital AND the companies find no appreciable impact to their bottom lines then it absolutely could drive change towards more digital events in the future as opposed to physical in-person ones. We shall see.

Now even Microsoft will have to find their way to reveal everything on their own platform. Which I guess isn't hard. Maybe in April / May?
Don't you think that's in poor taste considering there are people dying left and right and infections spreading at a crazy rate?
I mean yeah i like my video games too but there is a time and place for these things. That time is not now IMO.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Covid-19 probably WILL be forgotten by summer. And...if lots of these events are cancelled and have to go digital AND the companies find no appreciable impact to their bottom lines then it absolutely could drive change towards more digital events in the future as opposed to physical in-person ones. We shall see.

Unlikely. We’ve never found a cure for the flu, I think this new super flu is something that we’ll have to learn to live.

saintjules

Don't you think that's in poor taste considering there are people dying left and right and infections spreading at a crazy rate?
I mean yeah i like my video games too but there is a time and place for these things. That time is not now IMO.

No offense and not trying to be rude, but a tweet related to E3 was posted in a gaming thread that speculates about next-gen hardware. I'm discussing gaming related topics here, or should we not do that because of the virus? Sorry, maybe I'm confused.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Unlikely. We’ve never found a cure for the flu, I think this new super flu is something that we’ll have to learn to live.

Yeah, but this is nothing close to a "super flu." Nowhere near the deaths that say the 1918 'Spanish flu' caused. Unless or until it or some other bug reaches that kind of mark or worse (god forbid!) then it's no super flu. Unless this one changes, it won't be that either. Not saying it's NOTHING, but it's not that bad.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
bullcrap. i have an lg oled, best mate have an lg oled, 3 colleagues have lg oleds. no issues at all.

I hope you all continue to be happy with them, those magic screens are perfect for most people anyway. I'll wait for microLED 3-4 years from now to pay big money.

Reactions: JLB

Banned
Yeah, but this is nothing close to a "super flu." Nowhere near the deaths that say the 1918 'Spanish flu' caused. Unless or until it or some other bug reaches that kind of mark or worse (god forbid!) then it's no super flu. Unless this one changes, it won't be that either. Not saying it's NOTHING, but it's not that bad.

also most likely if the virus changes it will get less deadly over time.
a virus that kills too many people is an unsuccessful one, viruses evolve to spread as best as possible and you spread better if the host stays alive in order to spread you around

No offense and not trying to be rude, but a tweet related to E3 was posted in a gaming thread that speculates about next-gen hardware. I'm discussing gaming related topics here, or should we not do that because of the virus? Sorry, maybe I'm confused.
No I think you may have misunderstood me.
I mean that IMO it would be in poor taste for these companies to go ahead with any shows be it online or whatever considering governments the world over are putting in place measures to curb the spread of the virus.

Personally I would rather wait until the worst is over before announcing anything. But that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom