• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deto

Banned
Just manufacture consoles in the favelas

100USD/console for "milícia"

My only problem is price at the moment. Though $100 isn't bad for a 1 TB drive. How was the expeirence with moving all of your storage over from the stock HDD? How long did that process take?
Not sure how long it took for me to copy over games from my external drive to my SSD. I just copied over a bunch of games before going to work and left the machine to do its thing, got back and it was done.

Darius87

Navi10 doesn’t allow for Ray Tracing.
I agree with Spinkick that it’d likely be downclocked versions of it but these cards are still required for RT.
i've never mention that's it's based on navi 10 but it's possible RT could be adobted feature from navi 20, or it could be scaled down gpu of navi 20,

Let’s look at the facts:
Navi10: No Ray Tracing, 1440P card
Navi20: Ray Tracing, 4K+ card

Next-gen: Ray Tracing, 4K+

Given what we know above what do you think is the most suitable card?
that's facts for pc doesn't apply in console enviroment, i think navi 10 could reach 4k in console remember 8tfop threshold for 4k, but it's more likely gonna be scaled down version of navi 20,.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
i've never mention that's it's based on navi 10 but it's possible RT could be adobted feature from navi 20, or it could be scaled down gpu of navi 20,

that's facts for pc doesn't apply in console enviroment, i think navi 10 could reach 4k in console remember 8tfop threshold for 4k, but it's more likely gonna be scaled down version of navi 20,.

Navi10 is likely what Lockhart was going to be in order to easily maintain compatibility with Anaconda.

Lort

Banned
https://pastebin.com/y8qXme7b seems like new box will be more powerful than ps5

All those things are pretty believable 56 cu is right in the middle of this threads predictions ... 16 gig to small 32 gig ram too expensive so 24 is just right.

Xbox 360 had custom instructions added, xbox one x had hardware support for some dx commands, latest intel has neural network hardware.. so adding hardware for other workloads is certainly possible.

SonGoku

https://pastebin.com/y8qXme7b seems like new box will be more powerful than ps5
Fake, bandwidth is 14Gbps on a 320bit bus even though the 24/48GB configuration is only possible on a 384 bit bus
They used Proelite's early die size estimate
All those things are pretty believable 56 cu is right in the middle of this threads predictions ... 16 gig to small 32 gig ram too expensive so 24 is just right.
Specs are realistic but it has mistakes it gives it away

Last edited:
Next-gen controllers.

There's not much chatter about this at the moment.

Wireless charging seems like it could be possible and also appreciated by potential customers.

Ecto311

Next-gen controllers.

There's not much chatter about this at the moment.

Wireless charging seems like it could be possible and also appreciated by potential customers.

I hope the batteries are removable at least. The main reason I play my xbox more than the ps4 is the fact if the controller is dead I can swap in eneloops. If the PS4 controller is dead i gotta find a wire and have that dumb shit going somewhere to play and my dogs will usually rip it loose barking at something or running around. It's a colossal headache for me but swapping batteries is perfect. Wish more devices did this like the phone and everything else. Or at a minimum let it be an option. Imagine an iphone with a swappable battery lasting more than the 2 years or so because of the trading batteries around.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I hope the batteries are removable at least. The main reason I play my xbox more than the ps4 is the fact if the controller is dead I can swap in eneloops. If the PS4 controller is dead i gotta find a wire and have that dumb shit going somewhere to play and my dogs will usually rip it loose barking at something or running around. It's a colossal headache for me but swapping batteries is perfect. Wish more devices did this like the phone and everything else. Or at a minimum let it be an option. Imagine an iphone with a swappable battery lasting more than the 2 years or so because of the trading batteries around.

My iPhone 5 lasted 5 years before the battery acted up and they’re still replaceable just more difficult to get too.

Racer!

Extra controller and charging dock, much more convenient.

SonGoku

I feel like Sony should have got more backlash for the shitty ass ds4 battery
PS5 battery needs to last 30 hours minimum, preferably 40.

Last edited:
SonGoku SonGoku
Well they didnt officially said anything about next gen yet but they are clearly aware of the issue, i dont think they will commit the same mistake on next gen.
Sony plans to release an update for the PlayStation 4's DualShock controller that will help cure its low battery life.

Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony Worldwide Studios, said the update will allow gamers to dim the blue Light Bar on the DualShock controller, which will enable it to draw less battery from the controller.
Since the launch of the PlayStation 4 in November, gamers have been complaining about the battery performance, so the update should come as good news.

Gamernyc78

Banned
SonGoku SonGoku
Well they didnt officially said anything about next gen yet but they are clearly aware of the issue, i dont think they will commit the same mistake on next gen.
Sony plans to release an update for the PlayStation 4's DualShock controller that will help cure its low battery life.

Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony Worldwide Studios, said the update will allow gamers to dim the blue Light Bar on the DualShock controller, which will enable it to draw less battery from the controller.
Since the launch of the PlayStation 4 in November, gamers have been complaining about the battery performance, so the update should come as good news.

The firmware to dim the ps4 controller has been out for years already, am i missing something?

Besides that light doesnt drain tht much battery its just known tht Sony this time around chose a shitty battery.

Last edited:

Fake

Or they’ll just put larger batteries this time around.
That touchscreen from Macbook break any possibility of battery life hope. Even Apple admit was a bad ideia.
Dunno if even with better battery this gonna fix, I mean, the DS get one revision and don't fix the battery problems at all.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That touchscreen from Macbook break any possibility of battery life hope. Even Apple admit was a bad ideia.
Dunno if even with better battery this gonna fix, I mean, the DS get one revision and don't fix the battery problems at all.

We will worry about it when we get here I guess. We all still don’t know what they will do.

Fake

We will worry about it when we get here I guess. We all still don’t know what they will do.
Unless they put Tony Stark into DS, nothing will change.
Of course we're talking about speculation, but still... Sony don't see much interess in change that. Its even a possibility of DS5 just being a second revision of DS4.
Realocation of the option and share button would be nice too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Of course we're talking about speculation, but still... Sony don't see much interess in change that. Its even a possibility of DS5 just being a second revision of DS4.

What do you mean? How can you make a statement that they’re not gonna change anything or improve with the DS5?

Since they heard the complaints before, I would rather remain optimistic.

A battery swap is easy to do for less than $10-$15 currently as well.

Gamernyc78

Banned

Sony is continously upgrading and changing dualshock to some degree every gen. As it stands i hope they dont change much bcus i love this dualshock, all thy need is a better battery. Battery in ps3 dualshock was awesome, it would last hoursss

Fake

Sony is continously upgrading and changing dualshock to some degree every gen. As it stands i hope they dont change much bcus i love this dualshock, all thy need is a better battery. Battery in ps3 dualshock was awesome, it would last hoursss
Indeed, DS3 battery was a blast, but I talking about this gen. IMO they lost a bit of oportunity releasing a second revision in DS4 when PRO release.

Fake

What do you mean? How can you make a statement that they’re not gonna change anything or improve with the DS5?
I using the DS4 popularity plus the BC ideia. And they keep releasing new colors. As I said, just my guess. I know those prototype leaks say otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom