• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircaw

Banned
Attack? Lol. Calling someone out who only insults people when they don't agree with him is attacking them?

Im surprised he hasn't been banned yet for joking about this guy's wife, his health, his profession.

Trying to defend @geordiemp ain't a good look bud. Or maybe you conveniently miss all his insults.

Can you link those insults please, i want to see them.

Last edited:

FranXico

I'm seeing a pattern in O'dium and his friend: Odium is the latin word for "hate" (in italian it's Odio) , meanwhile his Italian friend Rosario Leonardi is "@ilMal3" on twitter, "Il male" means "the evilness" in Italian. Something is adding up really badly here :pie_thinking::pie_thinking::pie_thinking:
What the hell are you on about. Besides, respect the privacy of the source. Odium already regretted sharing the message and took it down.

sircaw

Banned
I saw a post that was taking mockery too far, and mods deleted it understandably.

About his wife and health?>

cos atm all i am seeing from Geordie is

I was not making fun of his health, I only said maybe his wife is the partner in his studio, I did not make fun of his wife either/

Also list which MS engineers I critisised ?

My profession is not for a forum thanks, I am hear for fun, but enjoy discssion especially hardware and technology.

People keep making claims in other posts, then when asked to debate them by a technical person they refuse to discuss said information.

I really hope people are not reporting people because they can't win an argument against that person based on logic or Facts.

Looking at you Sleep Doctor. I know you love spamming the triggered emote none stop and reporting people all the time.

Last edited:

K.N.W.

What the hell are you on about. Besides, respect the privacy of the source. Odium already regretted sharing the message and took it down.
What privacy? Both usernames are public and still in this thread!! I didn't even cite the message, you shouldn't accuse people for what they haven't done.
EDIT: He didn't remove the tweet at first, it's not my fault if he posted something and then regretted it, not everyone is going to read again what was posted some pages before.
You should please also edit the messagge you quoted me in, if you don't want to violate privacy.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

I love all these discussions about next-gen but even for me who lives and breathes gaming, it's starting to get a bit exasperating. I just wish the consoles were here and DF can do their analyses and, on a game-by-game basis, we can see which platform performs best and therefore put an end to all this shenanigans.
These consoles cannot come any sooner, tired of the same points being rehashed every week.

DF to the rescue!! (not you, Alex!!)

ToadMan

I never said they would be I was merely questioning the strange initial reply to the question which made no sense, which I later saw was changed after as geordie pointed me in that direction of the thread.

I've been saying exactly what you have said about same res and framrates so far, so maybe you got wrong end of the stick?....

Probably. I’m a bit sleep deprived because of GOT heh

icerock

Its called marketing. Just like we heard gpu and cpu doesn't matter anymore, the ssd is the only thing that does.

At the end of the day, most of the people here aren't developing games on either console. So the only thing that matters is the games.

?

Storage and CPU are the biggest upgrades we're getting this gen. MS own marketing has stressed that. But, that's not the point. I don't recall any article being posted about how PS5 possessing cache scrubbers and coherency engine will magically make it more powerful than Series X GPU. Can you? Because, that's exactly what the article I posted above is alluding to.

I've seen through many console launches, so all this gymnastics and posturing from companies/devs/fanboys doesn't surprise me. But, it's really irritating to see the same topics which have been discussed to death before being revived every few weeks just so folks can war.

I give it a few of hours before wfcctech posts their "scoop", followed by a Leadbetter video on the matter the next day.
"As we predicted, the PS5 is just RDNA1 with a few select RDNA2 features". When that is not even what the engineer said in the disclosed private message.

What was the disclosed message? Can you or anybody else DM me?

sircaw

Banned
Already up and running like clock-work.

Microsoft Xbox Series X will offer better effective I/O throughput than Sony PS5
https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-xbox-series-x-i-o-throughput-ps5/

I give it a day before we're back to PS5 is just RDNA 1 with some 'bolt-on' RDNA2 features. Articles will follow in due-course.

It is mindblowing how fucking shady this shit is.

These people are so fucking dishonest.

Again there bullshit carries on.
Xbox should open up there headquarters in north Korea or Moscow

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
?

Storage and CPU are the biggest upgrades we're getting this gen. MS own marketing has stressed that. But, that's not the point. I don't recall any article being posted about how PS5 possessing cache scrubbers and coherency engine will magically make it more powerful than Series X GPU. Can you? Because, that's exactly what the article I posted above is alluding to.

I've seen through many console launches, so all this gymnastics and posturing from companies/devs/fanboys doesn't surprise me. But, it's really irritating to see the same topics which have been discussed to death before being revived every few weeks just so folks can war.

What was the disclosed message? Can you or anybody else DM me?

Its kinda like we've heard about ssd since Sony lost the teraflop battle. Microsoft lost the ssd one and this is their marketing against it.

All this shit gets legs because people keep discussing it over and over like something will change.

Since the beginning I've said 12 >10 and 5.5 > 2.4.

There's nothing else to spin. Just let the games do the talking. This thread has ran past its expiration date imo.

Falc67

Certainly, then I’ll leave you guys to it, because no chance I’ll get any footing here.

If you look at the confirmed supported feature sets, coupled with the confirmed missing feature sets, look at what they have skirted around, then look at what’s been said in interviews, even the road to ps5, you come to a couple of conclusions:

Either the systems using RDNA 1 but using magic to fill in the gaps so it can do things it shouldn’t be able to do....

...or it’s using RDNA 1 with several custom additions taken from the RDNA 2 feature set (but not full RDNA 2) to make it a custom built system.

It’s quite clearly not a full traditional RDNA 2 system in the complete sense such as
XSX, and I realise me just saying that will piss people here off but whatever, that’s fine. It is what it is. XSX has full RDNA 2 and then custom additions on top. PS5 uses RDNA 1 then bolts on a shit load of RDNA 2 features (Not all) plus custom ones for their own hybrid. It doesn’t mean it’s shit, poor, inadequate... just that it’s custom, like every other playstation ever made before it.

This has been known for ages, I even reported on this back in the pigeon days, as that what was passed to me then too. I’m not the only person that knows this, it’s common knowledge. Sonys principle graphics engineer is obviously far more knowledgable than I am on the subject and wouldn’t just blurt this out for no reason, breaking NDAs and dropping himself and his company in the shit, if it wasn’t common knowledge.

I posted the dm here, and to be perfectly honest even though I’m confident nothing was leaked, broken or what have you, I removed it. I agree, it’s in poor taste to post regardless on a public forum, and I don’t want to be seen as that sort of person truthfully.

Right. But before the cryptic Coo coos, you said XSX was RNDA 1.9 and not full RDNA 2.0 either.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I’m going to surprise a few people here I’m sure but the RDNA 1 with bits bolted on? It’s not as bad as some make out. There’s every chance that The perf p/w is on par between the two systems, and that won’t change. What would change is they would like start at a 1 base and add features back on they wanted or required, while also removing others In favour of their solutions.

That would still fit the “1.5” talk, it would still mean it’s not technically RDNA 2, it would make sense with how it was presented by AMD and how it’s been talked about etc. It may not be completely up to par with the XSX as rumoured but the perf p/w would match, I would put money on it.

Right. But before the cryptic Coo coos, you said XSX was RNDA 1.9 and not full RDNA 2.0 either.

Incorrect. I said XSX was RDNA 2, and it was said to me at the time (which then later came about in other sources) that ps5 was a Sort of “RDNA 1.5”, with bits bolted on for custom use.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Its called marketing. Just like we heard gpu and cpu doesn't matter anymore, the ssd is the only thing that does.

At the end of the day, most of the people here aren't developing games on either console. So the only thing that matters is the games.

I don't know why people feel the need to lie like this. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

pasterpl

That seems to be a private message on twitter between both of them. I wouldn't pay to much attention to it though.

1st off Lisa Su called Ps5 RDNA 2.
2nd we don't know if he would say the same stuff about xsx

like AMD saying that xbsex will be the beacon of innovation this coming gen

Ah, Neo GAF, where everyday is Groundhog Day.

last 500 pages of this thread are same users running around in circles arguing about same stuff, reality is that there is not enough next gen news to keep this thread moving forward

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I’m going to surprise a few people here I’m sure but the RDNA 1 with bits bolted on? It’s not as bad as some make out. There’s every chance that The perf p/w is on par between the two systems, and that won’t change. What would change is they would like start at a 1 base and add features back on they wanted or required, while also removing others In favour of their solutions.

That would still fit the “1.5” talk, it would still mean it’s not technically RDNA 2, it would make sense with how it was presented by AMD and how it’s been talked about etc. It may not be completely up to par with the XSX as rumoured but the perf p/w would match, I would put money on it.

Incorrect. I said XSX was RDNA 2, and it was said to me at the time (which then later came about in other sources) that ps5 was a Sort of “RDNA 1.5”, with bits bolted on for custom use.

Here was your post.

Ok here is what I’ll say, taken from what I’ve been told plus captain obvious statements.

* Both systems are rdna 2, but not. They are essentially rdna 1.9 so to speak, with features bolted on, meaning that you can call it the next generation of rdna, you could even call it rdna 2 if you wanted. I wouldn’t myself but that seems to be what they are doing so ok.

ACHTULLY.

What I said was we don’t know if it’s rdna1 or rdna 2, because the process seems to be 7nm, but there was RT and the like, which contradicted each other. So what I was told was it’s essentially RDNA 1, with everything required bolted on, essentially meaning as close to rdna 2 as you can get without the smaller 7nm+.

What came out was that the consoles are using RDNA2 function on a 7nm process and not a 7nm+ one. So all the healthy vitamins and minerals of RDNA2 7nm+ but on a 7nm process.

Ergo, correct 🥰 I never said it was CALLED 1.9, that would be daft. Can be called AMD HotDogs for all I care.

I made a large post a few days ago with all I did know, and haven’t heard a thing since for a few weeks. To be fair, I was one of the first to suggest rdna might not be 2.0 but a sort of 1.9, bolted one version, and that’s looking highly likely. I said about the sound stuff being RT on SX too and a point in Sonys favour before they confirmed it as ray traced hardware, ages ago. And I’ve even said a while back about how the SSD gap isn’t as big as some people may be hoping for (1.0 to 1.8gb difference, likely lower end of that, which is again nothing much in the scheme of things when purely looking at these speeds).

ToadMan

atClW6y.jpg

I think unless you have specific evidence to refute Sony and Cerny’s claim here, it’d be better if you drop the RDNA 1/1.5 references.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Here was your post.

Fair enough, maybe I did. It was a while back to be fair. Bit sad you actually searched through the post to one up me, but hey, good show. What those posts refer to is that at the time, RDNA 2 was known to be exclusive to 7nm+, and the consoles were not going to be that. So before the AMD presentation we had no way of knowing you could even do what was done.

atClW6y.jpg

I think unless you have specific evidence to refute Sony and Cerny’s claim here, it’s be better if you drop the RDNA 1/1.5 references.

I did have, but I removed the post, as it wasn’t fair on him.

To be fair, I’m just going to back away from all this. It’s more trouble that it’s worth. Please be my guest to act the fool guys, do what you need to do, get it out of your systems.

Nice chatting with some of you. Others... wow.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
You're lying.

I said 10.2TF and 12TF wasn't a huge gap, neither was the CPU difference. I said the biggest jump in specs on both consoles would be the CPU performance and storage speed.

Be-careful m8 he will try and bait you and get your banned, he is one of those types.

As long as the lies/half truths from companies are in his favor he is quiet as a mouse.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
You're lying.

I said 10.2TF and 12TF wasn't a huge gap, neither was the CPU difference. I said the biggest jump in specs on both consoles would be the CPU performance and storage speed.

That you downplayed the gpu difference to sell the ssd lol. Thats been the tune most of you guys have sung here after laughing at the xsx 12tf cuz you guys were so confident Sony was coming in with 13tf or higher. It backfired on you.

ToadMan

Fair enough, maybe I did. It was a while back to be fair. Bit sad you actually searched through the post to one up me, but hey, good show. What those posts refer to is that at the time, RDNA 2 was known to be exclusive to 7nm+, and the consoles were not going to be that. So before the AMD presentation we had no way of knowing you could even do what was done.

I did have, but I removed the post, as it wasn’t fair on him.

To be fair, I’m just going to back away from all this. It’s more trouble that it’s worth. Please be my guest to act the fool guys, do what you need to do, get it out of your systems.

Nice chatting with some of you. Others... wow.

No. You posted something from a source that you believe - that isn’t the same as posting evidence.

Here are Sony and Cerny specifying the nature of the GPU. Meanwhile you’ve got a - with respect - “nobody” claiming something different and you’re posting it here as fact.

If your nobody is wrong or mistaken - no one cares.

If Sony deliberately misleads their customers there’ll be a massive PR shitstorm and probably some class action lawsuits from purchasers.

Sony aren’t going to deliberately mislead or misrepresent their tech - your source and indeed you, have nothing to lose by spreading misinformation for your own reasons.

So, if you want to make an extraordinary claim, post your extraordinary evidence. If not, delete your posts and retract the claim.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
That you downplayed the gpu difference to sell the ssd lol. Thats been the tune most of you guys have sung here after laughing at the xsx 12tf cuz you guys were so confident Sony was coming in with 13tf or higher. It backfired on you.

Look at 2070 Super vs 2080 Super reviews on YouTube and see how many people you find that will say it's a huge difference in performance.

You're going to find the vast majority saying it's not a big difference.

There's only one community of people saying there's a huge difference when there's not

I guess third party devs and guys from DF are also downplaying it too..

lol

DrDamn

No. You posted something from a source that you believe - that isn’t the same as posting evidence.

Here are Sony and Cerny specifying the nature of the GPU. Meanwhile you’ve got a - with respect - “nobody” claiming something different and you’re posting it here as fact.

If your nobody is wrong or mistaken - no one cares.

If Sony deliberately misleads their customers there’ll be a massive PR shitstorm and probably some class action lawsuits from purchasers.

Sony aren’t going to deliberately mislead or misrepresent their tech - your source and indeed you, have nothing to lose by spreading misinformation for your own reasons.

So, if you want to make an extraordinary claim, post your extraordinary evidence. If not, delete your posts and retract the claim.

To be fair the source is a good one, but the information was always going to be taken out of an understood context (I don't think even Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens knows the full context? I.e. how much is RNDA1 how much is RDNA2, what is included and excluded and why) - and interpreted in the worst way to fuel console wars.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
ir enough, maybe I did. It was a while back to be fair. Bit sad you actually searched through the post to one up me, but hey, good show. What those posts refer to is that at the time, RDNA 2 was known to be exclusive to 7nm+, and the consoles were not going to be that. So before the AMD presentation we had no way of knowing you could even do what was done.

It wasn't to "one up you". I just wanted to be clear because you did tell people told you systems were RDNA 1.9.

I'm waiting to see features such as VRS and features similar to machine learning. John was wondering where these features while watching Cerny's Deep Dive presentation.

Falc67

No, you said both were RDNA 1.9.

SleepDoctor

Banned
Look at 2070 Super vs 2080 Super reviews on YouTube and see how many people you find that will say it's a huge difference in performance.

You're going to find the vast majority saying it's not a big difference.

There's only one community of people saying there's a huge difference when there's not

I guess third party devs and guys from DF are also downplaying it too..

lol

Your only play is underselling anything xsx has over ps5 lol. Just like you wanted to believe Tommy Fischer before. Like you said "they'd run with the 25tf narrative when ps5 is more powerful".

You'd be singing a different tune had the specs been the other way around lol. But keep fighting the good fight 😉

longdi

Banned
It wouldn't be clocking so high if it was just RDNA1....

that is always the mystery! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Why do you think they call it custom RDNA 2 in the road to PS5. Both Sony and Microsoft will drop features in RDNA2 because they do NOT need them so they arent in that sense full RDNA 2. Hence why they call them custom RDNA 2 as they remove the not needed features and add customizations of there own. It's really not that hard to understand.

He says NAVI based because that's what it is NAVI based.

Some of yall are desperate to find something in nothing.

i wonder which features are drop. will be it be net positive for performance or for price?
looks like ML is out, could be a YUGE loss, without AI image enhancement. DLSS2.0 is crazy secret sauce!
also SFS hardware is out.
mesh shaders are out too!
how about RT hardware? i wonder if Sony will take the full rdna2 suite?

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Too late, damage is out there and being misused ...

IF we looked back at DF coverage of PS5 and Series X, it seems the answers were under our nose, this while..

Series X talks about custom Zen2 security and virtualisation, sustained power, ML with 49TOPS (rtx2080 has 57TOPS), full DXR RT1.1 support, mesh shaders, SFS hardware

PS5 talks about boost clocks justification, ssd and 3d audio

Feels like the GPU difference can be bigger than what the raw TF numbers imply?

Last edited:
I found this quite amusing from Gavin Stevens tweets aka Odium. Seems to contradict himself....

The other day he said PS5 works like a traditional system aka loading in a full texture. Read from 11-13.

To admitting PS4 could do the old version in hardware so why would you say PS5 loads the whole texture knowing this and that PS4 didn't have to. Then goes on to say of course PS5 can do it but.... this , that the other RDNA 1, 2 etc.....

Unless of course he is just reacting to our discussions on here where it came more to light that PS4 had this? Strange....

Read the whole tweet chain for apparent discussions with both Microsoft and Sony.... and other tidbits....

Long story short I think it's strange that the PS4 would have that feature and then Sony wouldn't include it in the PS5.

I believe that it's possible that Sony has something similar but it isn't the exact same thing as SFS.

Looking at it at the most basic level the PS5 is able to render only what you see with hardware like the geometry engine. I don't fully understand the geometry engine myself but I believe there might be other hardware in the PS5 that might help as well. Like the cache scrubbers and those co processors in the I/O complex for example.

Are you assuming this as well?

Id like to thank Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens for the explanation and chat about tech. This (and a few other) particular tweets stood out to me:

source:

He noted that XsX is RDNA 2.0 based which I’m aware of and I thought the PS5 was as well? Didn’t Dr. Su indirectly confirm it as such? Perhaps I’m in error 🤔.

Is he trying to spread that RDNA 1.5 discord FUD? I personally don't think he's doing that but im wondering what his sources are.

Last edited:

ToadMan

To be fair the source is a good one, but the information was always going to be taken out of an understood context (I don't think even Gavin Stevens Gavin Stevens knows the full context? I.e. how much is RNDA1 how much is RDNA2, what is included and excluded and why) - and interpreted in the worst way to fuel console wars.

Well you’ve got Cerny vs “a good source”. Who do you think is going to be more accurate? Cerny and Sony are literally staking their reputations on the tech they produce and the claims they make for it.

And indeed so are AMD who also confirmed PS5 (and Xsex) is using RDNA 2 tech during their investor call back in March.

I mean we just had a jizz fest because some junior Ubi guy (also a good source - after all it’s a ubi source) parroted the small print that FC6 was 4k on Xbox only without understanding the implication of that.

Wrong information is wrong regardless of source. The minions working for these organisations aren’t universally well informed.

A “source” putting their own spin on something isn’t good enough evidence to overturn the official spec from Sony.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Looking at DLSS2.0, PS5 lack of ML could be a big mistake.
MS even added extra sauce to Series X ML...

The RDNA 2 architecture used in Series X does not have tensor core equivalents, but Microsoft and AMD have come up with a novel, efficient solution based on the standard shader cores. With over 12 teraflops of FP32 compute, RDNA 2 also allows for double that with FP16 (yes, rapid-packed math is back). However, machine learning workloads often use much lower precision than that, so the RDNA 2 shaders were adapted still further.

"We knew that many inference algorithms need only 8-bit and 4-bit integer positions for weights and the math operations involving those weights comprise the bulk of the performance overhead for those algorithms," says Andrew Goossen. "So we added special hardware support for this specific scenario. The result is that Series X offers 49 TOPS for 8-bit integer operations and 97 TOPS for 4-bit integer operations. Note that the weights are integers, so those are TOPS and not TFLOPs. The net result is that Series X offers unparalleled intelligence for machine learning."

Last edited:

Brudda26

that is always the mystery! :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

i wonder which features are drop. will be it be net positive for performance or for price?
looks like ML is out, could be a YUGE loss, without AI image enhancement. DLSS2.0 is crazy secret sauce!
also SFS hardware is out.
mesh shaders are out too!
how about RT hardware? i wonder if Sony will take the full rdna2 suite?
Mesh shaders and primitive shaders are the same thing.
DLSS2.0 is a nvidia thing.
RT hardware has already been confirmed
SFS is a microsoft thing and is doing what XB and PS4 have been doing in hardware for years just at a more refined level now. So suggesting PS5 doesnt even have hardware to do what XB and PS4 have been doing in hardware is just idiotic.

longdi

Banned
Mesh shaders and primitive shaders are the same thing.
DLSS2.0 is a nvidia thing.
RT hardware has already been confirmed
SFS is a microsoft thing and is doing what XB and PS4 have been doing in hardware for years just at a more refined level now. So suggesting PS5 doesnt even have hardware to do what XB and PS4 have been doing in hardware is just idiotic.

Yeah but why did the Sony guy puts PS5 inbetween rdna1 and 2, instead of custom rdna2? This sounds like PS5 may not have all the advancements of rdna2, but tacked on some rdna2 features to their gpu.

DLSS2.0 is a ML thing, and PS5 lack of it could be a big differentiator in performance and/or visuals!

Dont you find it weird Sony has spoken little of their gpu except to justify its variable behaviour? And this non-talk is what causing the internet to form our own narratives!

Thirty7ven

Banned
Here we go again with RDNA 1.5. Of course XSX RDNA2, of course. Peak speeds, gets hot, what else from the playbook? It’s so tired by now.

At least we got one good thing from this:

Confirmation that the ability to sample the previous frame and detect what only needs be loaded is Sampler Feedback.

The streaming bit as was stated before, relates to the texture filters responsible for blending textures that arrive late.

Kerlurk

Banned
What is RDNA2?

For people making claims here, please provide a breakdown on the differences between RDNA1 and RDNA2.

AMD has not released RDNA2, so I can only see that anything provided would be guess work on your part, unless you have access to RDNA2 information before it's release, and I'm sure that's under NDA. Are you breaking that?

Both Lisa Sui (the CEO of AMD) and Mark Cerny (the principal architect of the PS5) have claimed the PS5 has RDNA2.

Who cares what someone has claimed on twitter indicating it one or the other or some where in between. It's just an opinion from someone that is far below the authority of the CEO of AMD and the principal architect of the PS5.

If you're a technical person like I am, you would appreciate that this should be discussed based on the technical features of those two respective GPU generations. It would be important to see if any differences in features would have a great effect on gaming performance.

So please provide a feature complete comparison between the two generations, and stop giving your personal guesses/opinions.

If you a developer, then you should know better. You have a logical mind, and you should appreciate facts being discussed, and not arguments centering around someone's opinion on the internet.

Stop whining that Sony/AMD have not been transparent enough, and being cynical that they have something to hide. Is that a mature way to discuss something?

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Back to that Astrobot's Playroom video, I've just noticed there's a 'Geoff's demo' in the title screen, so we know it's not the full game and is custom tailored for this presentation. Considering there's was nothing in what we saw that couldn't be done on current gen graphics-wise and the sole purpose was to demonstrate the controller, my theory is that Keghley was playing it on his PS4 Pro. DS4 was compatible with PS3, so DualSense must be with PS4. Logistics would also be much simpler if all Sony had to do was to deliver him the controller and a PSN code to download the demo.

This could be an explanation for that 7-second load screen, what do you think?

Brudda26

Yeah but why did the Sony guy puts PS5 inbetween rdna1 and 2, instead of custom rdna2? This sounds like PS5 may not have all the advancements of rdna2, but tacked on some rdna2 features to their gpu.

DLSS2.0 is a ML thing, and PS5 lack of it could be a big differentiator in performance and/or visuals!

Dont you find it weird Sony has spoken little of their gpu except to justify its variable behaviour? And this non-talk is what causing the internet to form our own narratives!
You and I must of watched a different road to ps5 presentation because they spoke about way more than its variable clocks.

I think they are both customized RDNA 2 chipsets. Not exactly a mash up of RDNA1 and RDNA2 but a selection of features that wanted in their GPUS.

For example, Sony has a customized CU in the GPU for the tempest engine. I don't think a normal RDNA2 card from AMD would have something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom