• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaztu

Is there confirmation of the back button attachment being compatible?

No, but I took the liberty in accepting it will happen soon, maybe 2021. They changed the metal plate layout (that sandwiches the headphone jack, compared to PS4) and since back-buttons is mostly sold out for PS4, they know the demand for it and it will sell well for Dualsense as well.

uBaBNGW.jpg

Last edited:
Or we can keep complaining about it.. because that actually does work pretty well when enough people make a big deal out of a practice (this very forum basically took credit for Microsoft changing their DRM policy last minute last gen.)

That was actually low pre-order numbers that did it not a bunch of people complaining on the internet.

They won't give a crap about complaints unless it starts affecting actual sales. And how many times did companies have deals like this in the past?

It's a nasty part of business and it's here to stay. Both sides will he making deals to secure exclusive content.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That was actually low pre-order numbers that did it not a bunch of people complaining on the internet.

They won't give a crap about complaints unless it starts affecting actual sales. And how many times did companies have deals like this in the past?

It's a nasty part of business and it's here to stay. Both sides will he making deals to secure exclusive content.
You are probably right...

I'll still complain about it though... :lol

And people will still bizarrely feel the need to come to the defense of the poor multi-national conglomerates removing choice from consumers for their benefit lol

Last edited:

Dibils2k

Alanah "I'm a girl and so my opinion on consoels/games is more valid than others" Pearce

Funny how these "journalists" and "figures" are jumping on the narrative of console wars don't exist anymore, they only jumped on it in recent weeks, more specifically after Microsoft's arguably very underwhelming gaming showcase. But before that, in fact for the past year it was a full on console war, remember? "12 TERAFLOPS"! "Xbox Series X is so much more powerful", "Microsoft has invested in X number of first party studios!" and "PS5 is doomed".

How quickly the goal posts changed when these idiots started to realise the brand power of Playstation as well as the popularity of it's platform and exclusives! Remember since February, all these lot of ever talked about where how Sony were behind Microsoft in terms of marketing and messaging and how the next-gen would be much more competitive.

This just looks like extreme levels of damage control because people are starting to realise that Series X just can't compete with the PS5. Watch in two years the narrative will shift again when Microsoft finally has some competitive 1st Party games to show.
i mean literally zero journalist or figures talked like that

You are probably right...

I'll still complain about it though... :lol

And people will still bizarrely feel the need to come to the defense of the poor multi-national conglomerates removing choice from consumers for their benefit lol

If consumers want to fight this they just need to stop buying the products. Unfortunately most people just care about playing the game and they will still support these practices by buying the software.

As for defending these practices while they are bad for the consumer they are positive for these companies. If these companies are not successful or competitive with each other the products wouldn't succeed. And that's bad for all of us.

It's a necessary evil in the gaming industry. As a consumer I don't like it if I miss out on content but as someone who studied business I understand why they do it.

Trust me this isn't the worst thing these companies can be doing.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

If consumers want to fight this they just need to stop buying the products. Unfortunately most people just care about playing the game and they will still support these practices by buying the software.

As for defending these practices while they are bad for the consumer they are positive for these companies. If these companies are not successful or competitive with each other the products wouldn't succeed. And that's bad for all of us.

It's a necessary evil in the gaming industry. As a consumer I don't like it if I miss out on content but as someone who studied business I understand why they do it.
Well we are literally talking about a company that is absolutely dominating the market still doing this.. and according to an interview a couple months back, tripling down on the practice. (I still need to try to find that, but they have tons of these 3rd party exclusivity deals coming.)

It's pretty far fetched for me to consider this particular practice a necessary evil. Again, I get why Sony would do it either way.. but it's not a good thing, and I'm honestly worried they will literally wipe out the competition this gen.

Really in the end this special character for Marvel Avengers isn't even that big of a deal.. talking more the big picture of Sony getting aggressive with the tactic overall right now.. the only response could be for MS to do more of the same, and consumers lose in that war.

Last edited:

FeiRR

Banned

Trust me this isn't the worst thing these companies can be doing.

First of all, I don't care about the Avengers game. I'm not going to buy it, even possibly not going to play it if they give it away in PS+ in a few years. But if that deal allows Sony to squeeze a few million more out of game or console sales, I'll be happy because they might invest that money into a game like TLOU, which I'm interested in and only they can make. So I'm okay with the deal and I don't care if some little boy cries because his plastic box is from Microsoft and he can't play Spiderman. Absolutely not my problem, to hell with spoilt children.

IntentionalPun

It is when they feel threatened by the competition. It's the only reason why they are doing this.

Have the two engage in fierce competition should be seen as a good thing but a bad one.
Competition is good when it drives innovation.

Paying to remove choice from consumers is not that.

Really this is a practice that could be considered anti-competitive..

Last edited:
Competition is good when it drives innovation.

Paying to remove choice from consumers is not that.

Well wait until you see how the competition will respond. They are both doing this to ensure that they sell more systems. That in the end will only lead to more income for them and thus more investments into their products.

IntentionalPun

Well wait until you see how the competition will respond. They are both doing this to ensure that they sell more systems. That in the end will only lead to more income for them and thus more investments into their products.

If they both equal each other out, then neither really gains anything.. and consumers lose. It just becomes a battle for how much you can hurt your competition.

As I stated in my edit this is really anti-competitive if anything.

Fits the spirit of this concept (which taken to the extreme can be considered illegal):
(to be clear not claiming 3rd party money hats are in any way illegal, but just pointing out that this is 100% anti-competitive)

Companies should be battling to make better and better products... not to battle to make their competitors products arbitrarily worse.

Last edited:
If they both equal each other out, then neither really gains anything.. and consumers lose. It just becomes a battle for how much you can hurt your competition.

As I stated in my edit this is really anti-competitive if anything.

Fits the spirit of this concept (which taken to the extreme can be considered illegal):
(to be clear not claiming 3rd party money hats are in any way illegal, but just pointing out that this is 100% anti-competitive)

Companies should be battling to make better and better products... not to battle to make their competitors products arbitrarily worse.

Well the industry is pretty cutt throat. You don't expect the competition to be nice to each other correct?

And don't worry if Sony or Microsoft tries to pull off some really anti competitive practices the legal system will deal with them. I remember years ago there was a law suit against Microsoft for incorporating Internet Explorer into windows since it was harmful for the competition.

If something similar happens both will be dealt with.

Neo Blaster

Yeah you’re right but I just don’t think Sony should give a fuck about other companies’ players. They made the game better for their customers, that’s what a good business does. Complaining about Sony getting Sony players extra stuff is like complaining about a husband getting his wife a gift, but not other people’s wives. It’s silly. Businesses take care of their own customers, not other customers who don’t pay them.

If any should be bitched at, it’s Square Enix who let Sony have the exclusivity. Square controls that game and choose to make it better on Sony because they wanted to. So the way I see it, Square Enix doesn’t give a fuck about Xbox players, but should. Not Sony.
Finally someone said it.

EnchantingExemplaryHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Alanah "I'm a girl and so my opinion on consoels/games is more valid than others" Pearce

Funny how these "journalists" and "figures" are jumping on the narrative of console wars don't exist anymore, they only jumped on it in recent weeks, more specifically after Microsoft's arguably very underwhelming gaming showcase. But before that, in fact for the past year it was a full on console war, remember? "12 TERAFLOPS"! "Xbox Series X is so much more powerful", "Microsoft has invested in X number of first party studios!" and "PS5 is doomed".

How quickly the goal posts changed when these idiots started to realise the brand power of Playstation as well as the popularity of it's platform and exclusives! Remember since February, all these lot of ever talked about where how Sony were behind Microsoft in terms of marketing and messaging and how the next-gen would be much more competitive.

This just looks like extreme levels of damage control because people are starting to realise that Series X just can't compete with the PS5. Watch in two years the narrative will shift again when Microsoft finally has some competitive 1st Party games to show.
did you even watch this video? she literally says she isnt a journalist anymore, and prefers the way Sony is going about doing exclusives next gen.

She might not be putting it this harshly but if you listen to what she says, she is making it pretty clear that MS has effectively stopped competing. They are no longer in the console gaming business is what she's saying which is pretty damning. This is not all that dissimilar to what Nintendo has done with the switch. They are in the handheld only business now and have effectively conceded the console gaming space to Sony and Microsoft.

I really did not get where you got his girl gamers are better thing from. She is pretty laid back and does not appear to be entitled at all. I think it's time to stop putting everyone through purity tests just because they didnt completely trash microsoft.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Let's just call out dumb things people say and not assume someone is dumb because they say something dumb, we all say dumb stuff let's not be mean.
you must not be familiar with VFX. This is not even close to the only dumb thing he's said. He created a thread listing a bunch of PC ports of console games and said next gen is already here.

Not to mention all the bullshit he comes out with about next gen consoles. I am still waiting for a PS5 Pro at launch.

Dibils2k

Yeah you’re right but I just don’t think Sony should give a fuck about other companies’ players. They made the game better for their customers, that’s what a good business does. Complaining about Sony getting Sony players extra stuff is like complaining about a husband getting his wife a gift, but not other people’s wives. It’s silly. Businesses take care of their own customers, not other customers who don’t pay them.

If any should be bitched at, it’s Square Enix who let Sony have the exclusivity. Square controls that game and choose to make it better on Sony because they wanted to. So the way I see it, Square Enix doesn’t give a fuck about Xbox players, but should. Not Sony.

but sony didnt make it a better game for thier customers... they made sure others didnt get a better game

it doesnt effect sony players either way (whether it was exclusive or not)

its kinda sad to think otherwise, its a pure business move and it is anti consumer, those are facts... fanboys get to gloat but sony aint making the game better for them, as i said

Last edited:
Well we are literally talking about a company that is absolutely dominating the market still doing this.. and according to an interview a couple months back, tripling down on the practice. (I still need to try to find that, but they have tons of these 3rd party exclusivity deals coming.)

It's pretty far fetched for me to consider this particular practice a necessary evil. Again, I get why Sony would do it either way.. but it's not a good thing, and I'm honestly worried they will literally wipe out the competition this gen.

Really in the end this special character for Marvel Avengers isn't even that big of a deal.. talking more the big picture of Sony getting aggressive with the tactic overall right now.. the only response could be for MS to do more of the same, and consumers lose in that war.

If Sony wipe out MS is all their fault.. how can a company with 20 years market experience still don’t have a clue how this market works or what gamers want? Every time they drop the ball...

When (before Xbox game show happened) I wrote that Phil and company will be out of Xbox leadership by the end of next year some were laughing... but I don’t see them laughing now...

Dabaus

Banned
Whats the xbox going into next gen chalkboard so far?

-Xcloud/streaming will save xbox
-12 teraflop GPU Will make ps5 look last gen
-Cyber punk on games pass
-Sony is a mess behind the scenes since theyre so quiet
-Gamespass, gAMESPASS, Gamespass!!!
-New first party studios will compete with sonys
-Sony is Anti consumer
-Xbox live will be free
-Halo will look incredible
-Japanese support will increase because Gamespass
-Cross gen wont effect how next gen games look
-Passion projects
-PS5 Controller only working with ps5 games is anti consumer

Next up: Lockheart will save Xbox

you must not be familiar with VFX. This is not even close to the only dumb thing he's said. He created a thread listing a bunch of PC ports of console games and said next gen is already here.

Not to mention all the bullshit he comes out with about next gen consoles. I am still waiting for a PS5 Pro at launch.

I'm pretty familiar I just don't think anyone doing the work he does for Lockheed Martin is necessarily dumb. I think everyone is capable of saying dumb things, though, if I went to a sports forum and began talking all sorts of stuff most of what I'd say would be dumb as fuck.

IntentionalPun

If Sony wipe out MS is all their fault.. how can a company with 20 years market experience still don’t have a clue how this market works or what gamers want? Every time they drop the ball...

When (before Xbox game show happened) I wrote that Phil and company will be out of Xbox leadership by the end of next year some were laughing... but I don’t see them laughing now...
Yeah Microsoft has sucked for sure; and waited too long to actually try to rebuild their studios. Certainly not discounting that..

I really think it could be a disaster for XBox these next couple of years.

Last edited:

Honestly with all the cash that Microsoft has they should be using it better. They could turn themselves into a really fierce competitor if they wanted to but at the moment they seem to be going in a different direction.

As for Nintendo I think they realized what works for them and they are sticking with portable handhelds. I commend them for what they are doing because we need dedicated handheld consoles in the market. Neither Microsoft or Sony are doing that so Nintendo is left to fill the hole in the market.

Yeah Microsoft has sucked for sure; and waited too long to actually try to rebuild their studios. Certainly not discounting that..

I really think it could be a disaster for XBox these next couple of years.

True and next gen is going to be really hard for them the first couple of years. But once those studios start producing hits things should change for them.

I hope those studios are focused on making quality games instead of GaaS titles.

zaitsu

Banned
Is it possible to express an opinion without being called troll or fanboy or flamer please?
I remember when PS4 launched and people compared it to gtx 750ti, calling it weak and advices was given to buy gtx 760 instead to have better graphic than PS. I don't recall gtx760 owners to play anything like uncharted4/tlou2 level of graphic in the end. Before PS4 I was PC gamer. Best games I've played this gen were almost always exclusive titles ( zelda, sony titles and rdr2 or Witcher 3 from PC/xbox ive liked quantum break more than most of players. But beside QB, MS was miserable )

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Dumb people need to be called out. Or they will continue to spout their bullshit.

This shit isn't that serious, you could put them on ignore if it truly bothers you that much. Or grow thicker skin and learn to keep scrolling when you see his post. You're not gonna eradicate all the stupid post said by everyone here by constantly reminding everyone of said dumb post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom