• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGwaphics

NeoGAF is a browser game. You write posts and try to dodge bans brought by mods. Some people succeed, others fail, you get points (reaction scores). It's also cross-platform multiplayer.

Let it go :)

There are some RPG elements too. :messenger_beaming: Plus it doubles as an anti-drug PSA, this is what could happen to you.

I consider sims as games. I've spent an embarrassing number of hours playing KSP, and it is a sim in its own way.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Looks cheap in black.

I thought this thing was fake, tbh. The white buttons look terrible and I don't like the difference in temperature of the blacks used. You can do dark buttons on white, but the white on black just doesn't look right.
Hopefully they'll do some special editions or have a create your own type option.

Defrop

Banned
GPU: 1.5 or RDNA 2?
Update:
I spoke to AMD and turns out that the GPU is the full-fledged RDNA 2 (unlike the PS5) and as such you can expect the same ray-tracing engine for the Navi 2x GPUs. As for the node, they refused to comment on it.

???

TBiddy

???

Just two random guys posting on their website. Don't take it seriously.

Nickolaidas

???
"Unlike the PS5, which is a hybrid of RDNA2 and 3."

-_^

Nickolaidas

According to the reliable insider RGT that the raytracing solution of PS5 is customized, making it a level above RDNA2 stock solution as his sources say. According to recent PS5 gameplay/screenshots screaming with insane amount of raytracing at 4K, it only adds more credit to that claim.
In the end, all I care about is the games, how they play, how they look, how they sound. The trailers we got a couple of months ago shows me that the PS5 will deliver. Whether or not it's because of RDNA 2, 3 or 1 is inconsequential to me. And I'm being serious for a change.

Gamernyc78

Banned
According to the reliable insider RGT that the raytracing solution of PS5 is customized, making it a level above RDNA2 stock solution as his sources say. According to recent PS5 gameplay/screenshots screaming with insane amount of raytracing at 4K, it only adds more credit to that claim.

Tht had actually been the rumor since day one then the 9tf propoganda machine got rolling and Everyone forgot. When it comes to console customization Sony has them beat every gen.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Tht had actually been the rumor since day one then the 9tf propoganda machine got rolling and Everyone forgot. When it comes to console customization Sony has them beat every gen.

That's very true, what it means is that it'll not be possible to be provided from AMD to other cards or competitors. Just like the GPU cache scrubbers. Many stuff to unravel about the sorcery behind this majestic piece of tech.

DaGwaphics

There were rumors about XSX having no RT specific hardware at all, handling things like a GTX 1000 series card. Don't believe everything you read. LOL

Gamernyc78

Banned
Remember ps4 had a whole custom chip for streaming features and downloading/downloading certain parts of games. Thts why I was laughing like a year ago when something similar was mentioned for Xbox bcus Sony has allowed certain games to download certain parts and start since the beginning.

Last edited:

ToadMan

Here’s a little bit of fun ....
From : https://www.hardwaretimes.com/xbox-...racing-mesh-shading-sampler-feedback-and-vrs/

DM9WLKS.jpg

Yikes. Well there it is.... how can Sony ever come back from this revelation?

Except

GqAEuEA.jpg

Areej Syed is the author of the article and the speculator of this btw.

Nickolaidas

From : https://www.hardwaretimes.com/xbox-...racing-mesh-shading-sampler-feedback-and-vrs/

DM9WLKS.jpg

Except

GqAEuEA.jpg

"Tekken 8 runs at 4K on the XSX, unlike the PS5 ..."

"Wait, do you know this, or are you speculating?"

"Speculating. Bandai Namco has yet to state on which resolution the PS5 version will run."

"... okaaay ... then maybe ... you shouldn't outright cancel the PS5 having 4K as an option?"

"No."

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

DM9WLKS.jpg

Except

GqAEuEA.jpg

It may have started earlier but the PS5's chip went through a number of revisions with significant changes in its development, hence why a lot of the Github information was so confusing.

Dodkrake

Banned
And we are yet to see ray tracing on XSX. Oh wait, we haven't seen any gameplay on XSX to begin with, maybe the XSX software is too good to make games for? And yet we hear about 4K difficulties by devs on PS5.

That's called the "mirror" effect, reflecting your own problems on others. 🤷‍♂️

Bo, love you, but that is not true. Microsoft has shown Ray Tracing in Gears 5 and path tracing in Minecraft

Gamernyc78

Banned
Oh boy here we go!! Tales from a fanboys ass online, it must be true 😂😂 here we go the github crew tht was so savagely beaten down wn several times, lately with Halo showing will be resuscitated, Mark my words.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

DM9WLKS.jpg

Except

GqAEuEA.jpg

That adds more into the leaked info that PS5's raytracing solution is custom, and better than RDNA2. Interesting, we are seeing the disbelief in the official screenshots of PS5 and their raytracing and some calling it "impossible".

4buoqa.jpg

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Bro before and after coivid numerous games get delayed throughout the year, some several times. This is not a revelation.
And COVID will effect games even further than the typical delays.

Not sure why people like to deny. (not that you are specifically denying it here, but seen numerous posts scoffing at COVID delay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom