• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane

Considering that the radeon GPU equivalent to the PS4 was 200 bucks and the console was 400, yep, a 5700xt, considering the shock made by the RTX, should cost 250 bucks right now

That means that PS5 disc could be also 500, discless 450.

Last edited:

saintjules

Oq9Ow6T.jpg

DaGwaphics

This is the most obvious bait in the entire fucking world.

06fac5edc1f04d33ab9f5c7dc7a5eafa.jpg

Bait for what? Price war is over, $499 and $299 just like most have been predicting since the XSX was announced. Now we just have to wait and see where Sony is at, $499/$399 or $399/$350, etc.

Nice to see them continuing with the 0% interest financing, or negative interest since you save $20 with the 24 month option. Wonder how tiny the new 1S is, I assume it will be $199.

Last edited:
You could argue that the kid will say "I want the new Xbox" and the parent will see the XSS or maybe both and will get the one that is cheaper.

Kid wanting xbox instead of Playstation, must be an american thing.

Here kids just play stupid mobile games and get fucked up fingers by next 10 years or have Playstation for fortnite/minecraft.

Few days ago I talked with friends 12 and 9 year olds when visited him and asked what consoles their friends have. None had xbox and I asked why. They just laughed and said something about how uncool and "stupid" it is

499$ confirmation of the Series X is one step closer to the PS5DE 399$ dream. Sony LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bloomberg reported a very similar BOM for both consoles. I can definitely see that happening.

Unless Microsoft leaked this because they know Sony can't go that low. Making Sony fans expect similar prices only to get hit with a higher price tag. This is definitely a possibility.

bender

What time is it?
Who is that guy?
Besides his twitter bio? What is his history in "wrong leaks" :messenger_beaming:

Mr Secret Sauce

When 1Up went defunct, he was a roommate of one of the GFW guys and parlayed his hanger on status into a senior position at Polygon. He's always been insufferable.

Entroyp

Bloomberg reported a very similar BOM for both consoles. I can definitely see that happening.

Unless Microsoft leaked this because they know Sony can't go that low. Making Sony fans expect similar prices only to get hit with a higher price tag. This is definitely a possibility.

They did the same before the Road to PS5 presentation. They released the XsX specs so people would be disappointed, and many were.

Of course then we saw the games and MS can’t seem to get that right

Oh, and craig of course

Chun Swae

Banned
Mind you without a deliberately weaker Series S to throw everyone off balance. The Flagship Xbox is coming in at 499 AGAIN, just like the Xbox One/One X while the PS5 will come in at 399 again. Mark my words. Xbox also had the One S and One S Digital this generation and it did not change their fate. This is just a repeat with a fresh coat of paint. I'm sure they'll sell out at launch just like the One did, but 3 months in sales will crater with no games to play.

Zheph

Huge effort on the prices from MS if that's confirmed, hopefully things should move fast now if this isn't fake bait

jose4gg

Wait, what? Why does it have a huge ass frontal grid, AND a huge ass top grid? Why not just put one of them behind, and why are they so close to one another?

The design of this thing disturbs me, it's so tall and thin, I feel like it going to topple over at any moment.

I think it's weird but maybe with time it will look better, I want to see the material, I like the matte on the XSX, hopefully it looks great on white. The controller looks 100 times better than the black option.

Last edited:
I think Microsoft is going to capture the market share completely from Sony next gen. I mean look at those prices, $299 for Series S and $499 for Series X which has the tflop advantage and touted as the most powerful console ever, like what does the competition have besides faster SSD and higher I/o and better first party output? Microsoft will market their console as the most powerful console for third party games. Sony's silence on PS5 is actually making me a bit worried right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom