• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadAnon

Wouldn't surprise me if Scarlett is quite a bit more powerful but also more expensive. E3 shot of the APU and also that guy who described Arden as a 350mm chip while Oberon 300mm would suggest Scarlett has significantly bigger APU.

Sony maybe playing desperate catch up by pushing clocks as high as 2ghz? :unsure:

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if Scarlett is quite a bit more powerful but also more expensive. E3 shot of the APU and also that guy who described Arden as a 350mm chip while Oberon 300mm would suggest Scarlett has significantly bigger APU.

It definitely will be more powerful than lockhart but PS5 nahhhh most signs are pointing to the contrary.

I can't wait for these unveils.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Why are you assuming PS5 to be 10TF?
What if its 13TF or 14TF?

It would need to be everything credible to this point says Sony 5-10% more powerful. That is why I don't believe this one. No way Sony hit mid 13tfs. I don't believe MS sand bagged until last week not like them. Their deminor has been of not most powerful we know how they act when winning. They would be styling and profiling.

Gamernyc78

Banned
It would need to be everything credible to this point says Sony 5-10% more powerful. That is why I don't believe this one. No way Sony hit mid 13tfs. I don't believe MS sand bagged until last week not like them. Their deminor has been of not most powerful we know how they act when winning. They would be styling and profiling.

Truth is thy initially were about power a bit but didn't know what Sony was cooking up. When thy started hearing the leaks and pics of dev kits Microsoft calmed the fuck down real quick and stopped alluding to a power advantage narrative.

Thts g checking a dude in the hood real quick? Oh yeah you talking crazy, whoppp, bitch smacked now calm TF down real quick 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

I'm showing the last quote I saw on this same page. That may not be the first time he alluded or mentioned it not to mention the fact tht it has to go through mods first before it's approved to be shared. Idk what conspiracy theory we are going for here but the consensus is he leaked it first. Did kotaku have some info beforehand maybe but was it the Info he shared and as precise? Did thy give numbers? Idk I'm not going back to compare and contrast.

Feel free to believe what you want. I'm comfortable here.

Many months ago i maintained 14TF GCN is what we will end up with both these next gen consoles and was laughed at. Now we're almost certainly getting 12TF RDNA which should almost surely be over 14TF GCN which is completely nuts.
The CPU clocks are bonkers too. 3.5GHz ??!!
I can't even imaging what games are going to look like with these specs. I mean i fired up my PS4 Pro and had a look at Uncharted 4. Now i'm imagining what PS5 and Xbox Scarlett can do with these specs. JESUS FUCK !!!!!

TLZ

Banned
So now the ps5 is 10TF? where did those numbers come from? anyone have a link or did i miss the post in this thread?
I don't know. After the Windows Central 12tf Xbox Scarlet article, all of a sudden I'm seeing posts Xbox 12tf > PS5 10tf.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I don't know. After the Windows Central 12tf Xbox Scarlet article, all of a sudden I'm seeing posts Xbox 12tf > PS5 10tf.

Thts Xbox delusionals now saying if the 12tf Xbox is true then PS5 can't be more so it has to be less but specifically 10 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Got to love them.

All those insiders saying ps5 is more powerful got ppls feathers in a bunch.

Last edited:
So now the ps5 is 10TF? where did those numbers come from? anyone have a link or did i miss the post in this thread?
Everyone is assuming the PS5 is now weaker and at 10TF with these Anaconda specs, despite what many 'in the know' members have posted from trusted sources saying both consoles are neck and neck and the differences between then are marginal.

Its quite baffling and laughable to be honest. The console wars are never far behind even if the difference between them end up being 0.02%. There will be fangirls scouring screenshots to point out that 0.02%

lol... don't play stupid....

since a week 10TF are the main theme in this thread.

confirmed by all sony insiders in this thread.. read for your self the last 20 pages..

Sony had big thermal problems with the APU this is the reason for this big airflow "V" in the devkits.

Bodatan

Banned

confirmed by all sony insiders in this thread.. read for your self the last 20 pages..

Sony had big thermal problems with the APU this is the reason for this big airflow "V" in the devkits.
You nailed it, the theme here was 10tf for both PS5 and Anaconda but now Anaconda surprised everyone as what Tom Warren said earlier to surprise Sony.

10 v 12 is no huge deal anyway at 4K resolution. You can ‘hide’ that difference with a largely unnoticeable resolution tweak and maybe a few other minor tweaks.

Matt era insider gave a clue about being on that level for PS5. Looks like PS5 dev kits have thermal issue and needed to downclock the GPU below 10tf.
I don't know, that seems fishy to me, considering that a lot of the leaks also mentioned how similar the consoles were. 2TF is a pretty significant difference which makes me beleive the PS5 should be around the same. But at the same time, Xbox dev kits just went out.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Show receipts. All I know is the leaks have been stating ps5 is more powerful specifically the latest credible one from Osiris. Most leaks just stated double digits, also more than Stadia but never gave a finite number 🤦‍♂️🤔

Damn can't wait for the volcanic levels of meltdowns coming.

Last edited:

Thedtrain

If true MS should be applauded. How in the world will they manage a 12tf GPU with power and thermal constraints?

I’m assuming if ps5 is 10.24tf and ms is 15% higher, Sony will have to win the price war.

And for you trolls, I’d imagine Sony 1st party games would still look and perform better since it doesn’t have a 4tf anchor around its neck😉

Last edited:

Fake

?? 10TF for both has been the running theme for a good while now from all flavours of insider.
Was running as a 'speculation'. Today, somehow, is confirmed. Care to read previous posts/pages at least before feed the bait posters?

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned

You nailed it, the theme here was 10tf for both PS5 and Anaconda but now Anaconda surprised everyone as what Tom Warren said earlier to surprise Sony.
So why aren't you xbots talking about the post below, then, posted by none other than TimDog, the finest Xbox fan there is?

Im hearing sony is 2.5gz for 40 cus @ the north pole
According to TimDog here, PS5 is 12.8TF. Whether he's right or wrong is another story. But this guy is one of your own, and you've completely ignored his post.

You've also shat on all insiders, but now they're credible enough to quote their 'more than 10tf' rumor to use that as concrete proof PS5 is 10tf?

I'll use your weird logic then. Windows Central says Xbox Scarlett is 12TF. TimDog says PS5 is 12.8TF (2.5gz and 40CUs maths: 40x64x2.5x2÷1000 = 12.8).

PS5 12.8TF > Xbox 12TF.

And those are both from Xbox fan sources.

Imtjnotu

So do you know this as truth? Or is this just more tales from fantasy land?

THE:MILKMAN

Was running as 'speculation'. Today, somehow, is confirmed. Care to read previous posts/pages at least before feed the bait posters?

The last couple of pages are about today's Scarlett 12+TF target spec leak. As I said 10TF has been speculated for a while to be what both consoles were possibly targeting. Not sure what I'm baiting....?

Bodatan

Banned
So why aren't you xbots talking about the post below, then, posted by none other than TimDog, the finest Xbox fan there is?

According to TimDog here, PS5 is 12.8TF. Whether he's right or wrong is another story. But this guy is one of your own, and you've completely ignored his post.

You've also shat on all insiders, but now they're credible enough to quote their 'more than 10tf' rumor to use that as concrete proof PS5 is 10tf?

I'll use your weird logic then. Windows Central says Xbox Scarlett is 12TF. TimDog says PS5 is 12.8TF (2.5gz and 40CUs maths: 40x64x2.5x2÷1000 = 12.8).

PS5 12.8TF > Xbox 12TF.

And those are both from Xbox fan sources.
I know your pet is smart but please calm down 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom