• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Official Spider-man Miles Morales screenshots:

50350109341_5250ef1ea5_k.jpg

50350109441_14b7869c66_k.jpg

50349409708_efa9c9f441_k.jpg

50350108601_167df5dc14_h.jpg

qiqiqiiq

Dissapointed with all the cross gen news because like in XBOX that will hold the games back, I understand they want more money and 100 million plus userbase is hard to ignore for possible sales, but for all the "we believe in generations" talk I would expect them to at least keep that true for the first party games announced in June, and we could have at least got a BOY! cutscene running real time on PS5 for God of War Ragnarok, now what I liked of the presentation was Final Fantasy, Miles Morales' gameplay, the Hogwarts game, the game collection included for Plus users, and the price of the digital console.

zaitsu

Banned
I don't like Sony supporting PS4.
It's clearly follow-up to MS being consumer friendly.
So basically what MS did for this gen is :
-low consoles prices :)
-being held back for whole generation by XSS and by old gen on launch on both consoles... :(
-No exclusives - making PC ultimate gaming machine :(

If GOW2 gonna hit PC, i will just buy PC.

EDIT : Demons souls is PS exclusive in the end, i paid for my preorder!

Last edited:
I've learned to take everything, even from official channels with a massive grain of salt. Sony were doing classic PR of "believe in generations" because they knew what MS play was. Meanwhile, two of their biggest IPs were cross-gen all along. And now, they sneakily put that in the blog. I mean I get it, ~120m PS4s are a lot of sales to give away. But, where do you cut the cord?

At the very least, we get 2 launch/launch window titles which is PS5 only in form of Demons Souls and Ratchet & Clank. Hopefully, God of War II is PS5 only. They didn't mention that game on that blog, but given their marketing and communication, I wouldn't be too sure until I see actual footage of that game.

Ratchet is probably the only title that takes some advantage of ps5hardware

Changing my profile now to:

Audiophile

To be entirely frank, most of it was or looked cross or current-gen, Miles Morales looks exceptional in general and yet still didn't blow me away, relative to Spidey PS4 it didn't have the level of extra next gen sheen I was hoping for; or at least, what they showed wasn't the most impressive thing, especially with it being mostly QTE and cinematic angles. The game must be ~2mths out; so some footage of Miles swinging through the city would have helped.

God Of War wasn't a "quick look"; it was a screen with some text on. Demon's Souls had clunky animation/interaction that looked way out of place. Showing COD in a 1080p30 low-bitrate stream for PS5 when its primary upgrades on PS5 are res/fps/rt, doesn't really make sense at all. When it comes to FF, I know a lot of people love it, but it didn't look very impressive with exception perhaps to the big creatures.

The prices were pretty much as everyone expected. While I know the savings on the PS5 DE doesn't just come from the presumably ~$20-30 disc drive but them locking you into an ecosystem, a full $100 difference feels a little bit like an FU to physical game buyers. I think the sweetspot would have been $399/$479; ultimately the difference is little, but like I say, that full $100 just rubs me the wrong way.

I spent 90% of it bored tbh. The job of a stream like this is to sell people on next-gen, it was kinda meh with a couple half-decent exceptions.

When I sit down to something like this -- especially for a taste of the upcoming "next-gen" ; and especially when Sony themselves hype it -- I expect a couples thing to at least blow me away. Instead we got a remaster, a slightly incoherent looking remake, some cross-gen/last gen looking stuff and honestly, only one thing which looked like a really good upgrade -- but again -- not mind-blowing (relative to Spidey PS4); Miles Morales. And the God Of War bit was just a giant cocktease, out in 2021, not even a little in-engine snippet and instead a black screen with some text and a voice-over?

welshrat

Honestly don't get any of the moaning, £449 for a PS5 with all that tech inside is fabulous. Cross gen wont hold it back much just take a look at the PC scene, get a preorder in and enjoy November :) I know I have said this before but I was hyped when it was going to match my vega 56 and ryzen 3700X but it will surpass that by a huge margin by the look of things.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Oh shit, another mega-ton on that PS Blog.

Horizon:Forbidden West is cross-gen. I do remember reading rumors about development starting as a PS4 title first.

But... but... cross-gen is the devil. PS4 is sooooo holding those games back, they are basically just steaming garbage now.

kyliethicc

Also launching this November is a slate of new accessories:

• DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
  • PULSE 3D™ wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
  • HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
  • DualSense™ Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
Those are really good prices.

pasterpl

Dissapointed with Sony. The PS4 laptop tier Jaguar CPU will undoubtedly hold back every single cross gen game they announced today. I'm still getting PS5 but fuck that is not how you release games, neither is putting everything on PC and making the fucking console you're selling worthless.

havent you heard 1000s times in here that cross gen game means that game will be held back and it is not truly next gen? Or is it only applicable to xbox titles? I always confuse this.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So I'm stoked for:

- Spider Man Ultimate Edition : this is on my "backlog" but I never actually bought it.. pays to wait!
- Demon Souls : my first time playing a souls game might as well be on PS5 with no load times
- Days Gone BC : confirmed this one will be ready for BC at launch.. currently playing it but think I'll pause to finish on PS5

Don't give 2 shits that some of their games are cross-gen... games are still just gonna be games next gen.. mostly with shorter load times lol

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Imran Khan with the explanation:

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The not so funny thing here though, is that sony 100% knew what they were going to be releasing and where
when they made all these pompous announcements and hits towards microsoft

If you go back and look all that "We believe in generations" talk was about their hardware not games.

It was in relation to DS4 not working on PS5 games.

Aladin

Series S at 249$ will still be a deal clincher for many.
And today I appreciate xbox's strategy to concentrate on bettering gamepass. Clearly xbox cannot beat sony with price or exclusivity.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
-being held back for whole generation by XSS and by old gen on launch on both consoles... :(

I genuinely don't see it coming to PC. Maybe the first God of War sure. Sony's strategy on releasing first party games on PC seems to be strange at times.

For example a game like Horizon Zero Dawn, it was clear Sony's aim was to introduce the game to new audiences so they'd invest in the future for PS4/PS5 systems.

Demon Souls is another example, it's a remaster of game which is more than 10 years old.

I don't see Sony being consistent in releasing the exclusives to PC. Especially for a game like God of War 2, maybe in 5-6 years lol just maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chun Swae

Banned
havent you heard 1000s times in here that cross gen game means that game will be held back and it is not truly next gen? Or is it only applicable to xbox titles? I always confuse this.
What the fuck are you going on about dude? How does your post relate to mine. Don't start with that xbox victim shit because you guys still don't have any exclusives to play.

pasterpl

Is ratchet and clank the only next gen game??

starring to look like it

If you go back and look all that "We believe in generations" talk was about their hardware not games.

It was in relation to DS4 not working on PS5 games.

but didn’t they say that dualshock 4 will work with ps5?

Looks better than Halo Infinite, and wasn't delayed either.

No sarcasm.

no sarcasm needed, in all seriousness this console launch, regardless of which console you planning to own looks very disappointing when looking at games lineups

Qwaaarktastic

Neo Member
A bit disappointed about the cross gen stuff to be honest. But I'm still really interested in the MM and the new ps plus service ( I have some ps exclusives that I haven't played yet so this is the perfect opportunity to do it ) . Hope I can pre-order one tomorrow.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

It's not that they are following MS. It's that it doesn't make sense for Sony to ignore 110-120 million PS4s. No studio ignores the giant past gen base until maybe a few years in.

There might be an occasional game here and there, but not the whole bag.

However, what Sony did was misleading (not surprising). PRing about generations and recent promoted games as solely PS5 only to quietly have them announced as PS4 too (in a PR article, as opposed to videos like today) is shady as hell.

Andodalf

Banned
I genuinely don't see it coming to PC. Maybe the first God of War sure. Sony's strategy on releasing first party games on PC seems to be strange at times.

For example a game like Horizon Zero Dawn, it was clear Sony's aim was to introduce the game to new audiences so they'd invest in the future for PS4/PS5 systems.

Demon Souls is another example, it's a remaster of game which more than 10 years old.

I don't see Sony being consistent in releasing the exclusives to PC. Especially for a game like God of War 2, maybe in 5-6 years lol just maybe.

"Sony will never put their exclusives on PC, That's FUD you should be banned"

"That's a Kojima Game it doesn't count, a REAL first party gamewill never be on PC"

"Horizon is an old game, A game will never be there on day one"

Looking forward to adding this post to the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom