• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ma-Yuan

The xbox.com website must be the worst site ever . . . I can try whatever I want they wont let me preorder a Series X even if it shows available. . . I was at the check in counter but couldn't pay and now I can't even get a series x back into to the shopping cart. It doesn't work wuth IE, Edge or Firefox . . . It even crashed the Edge browser during the order process . . .

They just wont take my money^^

Well they were anyway only my back up plan so I try harder to get a PS5 :D

Rudius

PS4 Pro is still 400 dollars, but sold at 3000 in Brazil, same taxes of PS5 digital.

The reason Latin America prices are so fucked is that people accept the bullshit. People from the US or Europe here complain about the most miniscule price increases and companies fear overcharging them.

xacto

Early adopters won't buy Seires S... MS is betting on moms shoppers.

xcwLWRO.png

FALCON_KICK

Sony needs to invest in diversifying their IPs. WRPGs, JRPGs, FPS and space opera game like Mass Effect. Few of the studios should produce even $20-$40 AA games like Puppeteer, Concrete genie as it will improve their output to keep up with gamepass deals.

Allowing PS5 to play through Backward compatible some of the PS3 games like Red Dead Redemption 1 would also be great.

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
Sorry, but this is some major bullshit.

If we did not take into consideration the chip "Cell" (present in PS5 too in some way) and the difficulty of development that it entailed, we could say that it seems that Sony is returning to the time of PS3.

You are resorting to old news, old waters to make a compelling argument, a point that fits your narrative. There is no CELL or SPE inside the PS5, it´s a carbon copy of the PS4 but with better specs.

#fearmongering
#depressed my anus
giphy.gif

It is clear that it seems that people have not understood a damn what I have put. But nothing happens, it's my fault. I'm going to have to try harder or in the end I'll have to delete the message, because apparently only 9 people have understood it.

But hey, seeing your magnificent answer I'm going to have to explain it to you.

Look, when I talked about Cell I was ref... Uops! Times up!

Last edited:

NEbeast

Sorry, but this is some major bullshit.

If we did not take into consideration the chip "Cell" (present in PS5 too in some way) and the difficulty of development that it entailed, we could say that it seems that Sony is returning to the time of PS3.

You are resorting to old news, old waters to make a compelling argument, a point that fits your narrative. There is no CELL or SPE inside the PS5, it´s a carbon copy of the PS4 but with better specs.

#fearmongering
#depressed my anus

He isnt a native speaker and he also said it was satirical. Chill.

PlayStation! There is hardly going to be any PS systems available. Weakest launch in PS history!!!! It's fact. Undisputable.
I think you are joking right? please don't tell me than now you avatar will be green.
giphy.gif

I'm speechless at these allocation numbers. There was so much noise on how PS5 Digital Edition had short supply but it turns out even the PS5 Digital Edition has more launch allocation than Xbox Series X in a lot of stores.

Eif42tcVkAEY1Ki
One of two or one the retailers think the Xbox Series will sell nothing thing which I see absurd for a new console.

Second Xbox wants to say "It sold out everywhere"

CrysisFreak

Banned

Sethbacca

xacto

Don’t worry guys, Greenberg will put out a tweet that the xbox consoles are being sold out.

Geenberg: "Hey guys, let's give them very small numbers of the consoles, this way they will sell quickly, we can say 'Look at that DEMAND!' and then act all cool and send more consoles afterwards, beating Sony to the punch since they still didn't put out more pre-orders as promised!"

Alas, here we are today...

Last edited:

Tripolygon

Banned
Jesus. That's significantly faster than the Xbox expansion card for about the same price (supposedly).
There you go with your proprietary solution jfl.
Thats what i keep saying, and the price will drop once more competition start releasing their own.
Except there's no confirmation it will work yet. Just be patient on the storage. Shit will get cheap once all the manufacturers start flooding the channel.
Wanna bet on it?

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Thats what i keep saying, and the price will drop once more competition start releasing their own.

Wanna bet on it?

Look, it probably *will* work, I'm just saying that we have no confirmation from Sony as yet of any accepted solutions for extra storage. Regardless, I'll probably be waiting till next year myself when I can get a 2tb for probably the same price.

Tripolygon

Banned
Look, it probably *will* work, I'm just saying that we have no confirmation from Sony as yet of any accepted solutions for extra storage. Regardless, I'll probably be waiting till next year myself when I can get a 2tb for probably the same price.
Well yea of course waiting for official confirmation like Mark Cerny said is a good thing but Samsung makes some of the best SSDs on the market. I have no doubt that this SSD will work on PS5.

Last edited:
If MS buys Sega then lol
The thing with this is basically you left as only option to Playstation to do similar movements, this is not good
for our industry is not the same buy a studio than a entire publisher.

Guys you know something good of the industry of videogames is the variety of games and how many of
those big publisher are big because in some moment they release very good games.

Is true that is basically legal to buy the market but common now doesn't matter if Xbox is not able to recover
that money in many years because its daddy is buying all the whims they have.

So if the strategy of Xbox or whatever which follow the same path is successful say hi to monopoly or duopoly,
you know something super healthy in any industry.

If they fail could be even worst, you know how many people and IPs will be ruined.

Any of the 3 are show us to have a good enough track to say they can maintain more than 20 or 30 studios
without fuck more than one.

Last edited:
Last edited:

scie

I don't know what is up in Germany, but these are the Amazon bestseller lists and Nintendo is selling like hotcakes

At the moment:

And for whole 2020:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom