• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
He updated his post:

BDF7762-E-D204-48-C3-A0-E1-696-A3-E873513.jpg
The data is from a OpenCL App that was clear since beginning.

I can’t understand what mistake he is talking about.... there is no mistake in the picture even if it is fake.

LordOfChaos

They deleted their account, and the answer to the quiz wasn't great (it always seems to revert to "Oh, I'm not a software developer" after any questions are asked, yet they know all the physical details as what, a graphics artist?).

If they're not software I wonder how they got that output, or why they would be privy to the details at all.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

The data is from a OpenCL App that was clear since beginning.

I can’t understand what mistake he is talking about.... there is no mistake in the picture even if it is fake.
im trying to find it as well.

he has single and half. no double. i dont get where the fake is coming from unless he is referring to float 0-16 at which point float is still represented as 16 AND 32. which isnt a mistake

vpance

LOD pop-in has definitely been a "feature" of this generation - if we can get rid of it, I'm all for it.

Pop-in issue will basically be solved. But apart from that and load times, open world games will be able to have a monstrous amount of assets and detail on screen because of the increased streaming speed.

McHuj

At this point someone could leak the real thing and no one would believe it. There’s just so much noise.

Ideally some “journalist” would leak it as plenty should have contacts, but my guess most have agreed to not leak the info for whatever they get in return.

ethomaz

Banned
Turned out it is the standard output of a tool on FreeBSD called clpeak.

Colbert lol knows nothing.

PS. I had absolutely certain there is nothing wrong with the pic because it is a app available to anybody use... of course the guy could have manipules it but the output has no mistake.

Edit - Actually now I see the mistake he is talking about... double below half-precision.

Last edited:

Imtjnotu

Turned out it is the standard output of a tool on FreeBSD called clpeak.

Colbert lol knows nothing.

PS. I had absolutely certain there is nothing wrong with the pic because it is a app available to anybody use... of course the guy could have manipules it but the output has no mistake.

Edit - Actually now I see the mistake he is talking about... double below half-precision.

doh. got it now

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Where's the sad emoji reaction when you need it?

You guys keep ruining my dreams.

Anyway I think PS5 will use GDDR6 memory and not HBM2.

• Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

LordOfChaos

So the word double makes it fake?

Under half precision, it lists doubles, and there's no way the OpenCL app, clpeak, that they tried to mimic made that mistake. It would be like if you saw a Geekbench score that reversed single and multicore scores, easily dismissed as a fake.

That they deleted everything when that was found was telling.

We need some standards for evidence, fellas. I called it on the top post this page.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Under half precision, it lists doubles, and there's no way the OpenCL app, clpeak, that they tried to mimic made that mistake. It would be like if you saw a Geekbench score that reversed single and multicore scores, easily dismissed as a fake.

That they deleted everything when that was found was telling.

We need some standards for evidence, fellas. I called it on the top post this page.
Oh well. The true leak is out there somewhere.

Cerny, if you're reading this, please leak them to me via PM. I'm tired. Help a poor soul :messenger_crying:

Last edited:

SonGoku

Interesting finding...

Basically the full specs... pretty clever leak from the guy if true... 18GB HBM2 too.
PS. I’m on phone so it is hard to copy the images to post here.
Hope its fake, 48CU would be so disappointing.
It better be $399 with these specs
I am a bit shocked that people reacted the way they did to that to a highly hypothetical opinion that has no base in reality and won't happen
Im ok with BC as long as it doesn't compromise performance or arch choice
Next gen consoles are meant to play next gen games, that should be the main priority

Last edited:

Ellery

Next gen consoles are meant to play next gen games, that should be the main priority

I do have some catching up to do and there is huge love for old PS1 games for me that I would love to play again.

I think you misqouted the first part. I don't remember writing that ?_?

SonGoku

I do have some catching up to do and there is huge love for old PS1 games for me that I would love to play again.
PS1 emulation would be a trival thing to add but if they do i got a feeling its going to be digital only
PC emulation offers better library, performance and graphics options.
I think you misqouted the first part. I don't remember writing that ?_?
Yeah idk how that got mix3d up, fixd :p

LordOfChaos

AMD-Ryzen-3-3300-CPU-Benchmark-Leaked.png

Alleged Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 result showing up on GB. Sans two cores compared to PS5, but likely turboing higher.

Jaguar cores @ 1.6GHz were worth around 1K each lol

Last edited:

anyone expecting anything close to a RTX2080 should be disappointed. These machines don’t need that kind of power, they are dedicated gaming machines.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
AMD-Ryzen-3-3300-CPU-Benchmark-Leaked.png

Alleged Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 result showing up on GB. Sans two cores compared to PS5, but likely turboing higher.
I get 4100(Single)/19000(Multi) for my Ryzen 5 1600, but I have slower memory(DDR4 2400). I think they were running DDR4 2666, but I don't know for sure. Depending on memory speed I see scores up to 4800/24000 on Ryzen 5 1600.

Via software emulation...
Do you honestly think the PS5 can actually have PS3 BC by running games natively?

They both work the same way:

So 5x over jaguar best case scenario? Thought the gap would be higher.
2x frequency, 2x IPC, 4x total.

Fallout 76 running at 15 fps will finally be able to run at 60 fps via brute force.

60 fps Jaguar-based games can easily go up to 120 fps on Zen 2 (240 fps will cause GPU bottlenecks).

Last edited:

SonGoku

5X was about the expected with the IPC x clock speed gains over Jaguar
2x frequency, 2x IPC, 4x total.
Don't get me wrong, its a huge increase i guess i was led to believe the gap over jaguar would be 2 gens worth (10X+)
also the single threaded score isn't accounting for the two threads per core
Does that have any benefit for gaming? I thought HT was detrimental to gaming performance.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Don't get me wrong, its a huge increase i guess i was led to believe the gap over jaguar would be 2 gens worth (10X+)

Yeah, while Jaguar was doodoo, even the fastest Intel single core at standard clocks is only ~6x more powerful without overclocking. For one core, it's hard to find much faster anywhere without blowing up your power budget.

Interesting thought though that for doing a serial CPU tasks, the most expensive supercomputer in the world won't do much better than a humble gamers rig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom