• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axonometri

classic-tree-swing.jpg
Middle Left Panel. Have a fun time getting your head smashed in by 700 lbs of spinning tree.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Now it makes sense...

The leaks start with the PS5 boot up sequence and user UI. The video down below shows off the console turning on. The beep sound returns too and we get to see the classic PlayStation logo which then loads into the user screen. Unfortunately, the leak does not go further into the UI so don’t expect to see the actual dashboard of the console. According to the leaker, he does have video footage of the UI but will sell it for €100.

lol dont go off the deep end Bo. They got the sneak peak either yesterday or the day before yesterday.

SlimySnake

In just a couple of hours we pass from:

-Xbox will update the UI to have that 4k resolution (thing which I believe)

To:

-They are doing that in order to save memory if Sony was smart they will do the same
Well, if the PS5 4k UI is taking up an extra 1GB or even 0.5 GB of space then I will have an issue with it. if the PS5 OS footprint is the same as the x1x's then thats ok.

FranXico

Now it makes sense...

The leaks start with the PS5 boot up sequence and user UI. The video down below shows off the console turning on. The beep sound returns too and we get to see the classic PlayStation logo which then loads into the user screen. Unfortunately, the leak does not go further into the UI so don’t expect to see the actual dashboard of the console. According to the leaker, he does have video footage of the UI but will sell it for €100.

Well, now it's worth €0.

All that guy in reddit had to do was to wait.

FFS what's wrong with people?

Md Ray

Now it makes sense...

So the leak was real?

Well, if the PS5 4k UI is taking up an extra 1GB or even 0.5 GB of space then I will have an issue with it. if the PS5 OS footprint is the same as the x1x's then thats ok.
We are not hearing anyone saying the PS5 have less ram, because the advantage of PS5 in this topic
is the memory is a lot more flexible and also you can load/save much more data in the same time in
the SSD.

Last edited:

Lynyrd

Neo Member
I don't think is real, we had a teaser about the UI before he shared the video (sold) and now hes willing to sell the whole UI for €100 just after they released the full UI? that is weird to me

Last edited:

LucidFlux

Finally had a chance to watch the UI video (meetings all day) and damn is it sleek and snappy. Hopefully with the cacheing system mentioned it remains this responsive throughout the generation.

The game tips and checklists cards built-in on the system level is brilliant. I'm sure all first party games will leverage this but hopefully it's easy to implement for third parties.

I still need to see more of the party system to make up my mind there but I'm sure it will be fine.

Being able to overlay in PiP your friends games is neat. I wonder if there will be any integrated video chat feature as well?

Also great to see how fast jumping into a new game was that wasn't already loaded but did anyone catch this?

rY6ccOQ.png

Notice it says Switcher, I wonder if this is some sort of multi-game resume functionality?

It sounds like this was just the first of many videos to come on the UI as they mentioned there was much more to share.

Curious if we'll get anything about the AI game assistant or of that is the foundation of some of these features.

Either way I bet we get at least one more of these per week leading up to launch.

Imtjnotu

DNUXG8j.jpg

Hope. Amazon ships. My. Controller early then lol and my headset

Riky

$MSFT
Nope, was an honest question. I don't have a 4K tv yet, was going to buy one this year with black friday. Was wondering if you really notice this with UI elements because they are generally very simple, just lines, so wasn't sure if you would notice that. But now that everyone says yes, I'm enlightened

I wouldn't say it's a big deal, the Xbox One X UI looks fine to me on my 4k TV, as long as it's snappy they can leave it at 1080p for all I care.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
New drinking game idea

Every time you see a Sony fan who openly dismissed anything/everything from Digital Foundry as being lies and shilling, but now taking John's tweet literally and without question, take a shot.

If they've posted evidence taken from a King Trash video, take two shots.

If it's Bo_Hazem, finish the glass.

See, let's break it down:

-Alex Bugagga is an extreme shill and can't hide his shit.
-Richard is a shill but a smart one, tries his best to sound neutral.
-John is 100% shill-free.
-The rest of the circus are shills but they don't engage as much in the channel.

reksveks

Where Jeff Grubb forgot he’s supposed to be a journalist and is now putting out fanboy fires.

Like Jesus, have some self respect and let MS do their own damage control if merited.

I think most people understand the overheating stuff is a bunch of nonsense.

You do understand that people ask him questions about overheating cause of stupid fanboys, so clearly there is a financial and journalistic need to investigate it.

When did disproving an fake and overblown concern become damage controlling?

LucidFlux

So Destiny 2 will run at 1080p60 on XSS. A 3 year old game. Yeah, the writing was on the wall, the XSS is not a 1440p console.

I’m kinda bummed, I thought it could be like a PC lite for me.

The real bummer with Destiny is that Bungie announced today the next-gen version won't launch until December 8th.

I guess the positive there is I have more time for the other games.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Where Jeff Grubb forgot he’s supposed to be a journalist and is now putting out fanboy fires.

Like Jesus, have some self respect and let MS do their own damage control if merited.

It's not a journalists job to expose the truth?

SlimySnake

So Destiny 2 will run at 1080p60 on XSS. A 3 year old game. Yeah, the writing was on the wall, the XSS is not a 1440p console.

how is this even possible. the console has a 4 tflops rdna 2.0 gpu. thats like 5 polaris tflops and 6 GCN 1.0 tflops. thats like 4x more power than the base xbox one which runs the game at 1080p 30.

the zen 2 cpu should be able to handle most of the jump to 60 fps. where is the rest of the gpu horsepower going?

whats going here?

reksveks

Unless game engines decide to start using sfs, memory is going to be a bit tight for 1440p on the series s. Just need to check out leviathangamer2 on twitter.

martino

how is this even possible. the console has a 4 tflops rdna 2.0 gpu. thats like 5 polaris tflops and 6 GCN 1.0 tflops. thats like 4x more power than the base xbox one which runs the game at 1080p 30.

the zen 2 cpu should be able to handle most of the jump to 60 fps. where is the rest of the gpu horsepower going?

whats going here?
assumption : actual decent shadow resolution for example.

Last edited:

reksveks

whats going here?

Different graphical settings is a possibility.

oldergamer

He's answering questions people send him, but you would complain about anything right? like seriously, can you come up with better bullshit to complain about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom