• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mejin

In Poland, now Xbox Series X is included for free with every LG GX tv, 2 sold out of 400 so far:

Zrzut-ekranu-2020-10-16-o-14-00-54.png

10575456_738645886172972_3268665054071270584_o.jpg

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
You also seem to do it a lot to be fair.

And trust me i know it when i see it. :messenger_grimmacing_
I can be opinionated and like to push buttons occasionally, I won't deny that, but mostly I hate hypocrisy and like to point that out. So yeah, we all need to be better and get back to more enthusiasm and less hate. These consoles are almost here thankfully, let's get excited.

Ellery

Apparently a bunch of PS4 titles suddenly got patches, including titles that haven't been updated for yonks.

Probably to do with PS5? Can we expect a PS5 BC video to drop next week?

(edit: first party titles, I mean)

Maybe, but probably just compatibility so there are no issues. I wouldn't expect it to be related to some sort of enhancements (other than making the games run like PS4 Pro titles on PS5), but I am definitely hoping for it

T-Cake

How does it work now on Xbox One X with its 1080p UI if you record some 4K footage? Are you only able to watch it back in 1080p until you move it to a computer?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Is this game shit or... Good-ish?

How does it work now on Xbox One X with its 1080p UI if you record some 4K footage? Are you only able to watch it back in 1080p until you move it to a computer?
One X supports 4K media, I think it'll display it at whatever it's recorded at. If you recorded the dashboard/UI, the text/icons and stuff would be 1080p.

Last edited:

saintjules

For those looking for the Series X, if you use the Gamestop app and search "Xbox Series X All Access" you can pre-order the Series X that way. I got one for my Brother few minutes ago. Since it's all access it doesn't show the option for Citizens One Bank to approve the line of credit.

Since the payments aren't withdrawn automatically, it's worth the try. It might be a bug in the system since you pay the full amount up front (minus Xbox All Access costs) Total came out to $562.66USD (w/ state tax).

NEbeast

I don’t think I ever used touchpad on my DualShock 4, nor other extra functions, I might be old school, but lots of these Adonis are gimmicks to me, the ui isn’t a gimmick, I said that these functions that some people say are “game changers” seem like a gimmick, you need to accept that people can have their own opinions. Just to be clear, I never shared anything from my gameplay on any console so share and create buttons on both next gen systems are just a gimmick to me. And sorry, but I don’t get excited thinking about blowing into dual sense to pass some level in astrobot, this type of functionality is also a gimmick to me.

The blowing is stupid, I'll give you that,make sure to wipe after use! Everything else about the DS and UI seems great though, you might never use them but calling them a gimmick is short sighted.
The hints while playing a game are going to be huge for completionists/trophy hunters , I'm not into that stuff but I have had to use external sources for games plenty of times, having them in-game will save valuable time.
The haptic feedback and adaptive triggers sound fantastic too, it all adds to the immersion.

Got Astro A40+Mixer, preorder Pulse 3D, and if PS5 will take full advantage of WH-1000XM4 I'll also buy them! But they have 40mm drivers vs 50mm on Pulse 3D.

sony-wh-1000xm4-noise-canceling-headphones-1-1280x800.jpg
Drivers on the pulse3D might be larger, but the XM4, like the XM3 before it has something called LCP(Liquid Crystal Polymer) which enables not only for much better resonance and seperation, but better frequency response as well. That gives the XM4 and XM3 an advantage you won't find on the Pulse3D headset. Each has their pros and cons and the XM3/4's pros far outweigh those of the Pulse3D headset.

T-Cake

One X supports 4K media, I think it'll display it at whatever it's recorded at. If you recorded the dashboard/UI, the text/icons and stuff would be 1080p.

So in that case, it hardly matters then. I would rather trade soft looking user interface elements in return for extra game memory.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Drivers on the pulse3D might be larger, but the XM4, like the XM3 before it has something called LCP(Liquid Crystal Polymer) which enables not only for much better resonance and seperation, but better frequency response as well. That gives the XM4 and XM3 an advantage you won't find on the Pulse3D headset. Each has their pros and cons and the XM3/4's pros far outweigh those of the Pulse3D headset.
I think lcp is also in the XM2.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

I'm still wondering though, are they better than Sony MDR-7506? Those classic ones are praised for being extremely sensitive to low frequency audio up to high ones. I wonder why many musicians and producers prefer them? They cost less than Pulse 3D as well. We need to see reviews of them through the DualSense controller.

Sony_MDR-7506_30236247_10.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ps5 ui look sleek, but all of these gimmicks are just gimmicks, but I am on old schools guy, i don’t think I ever took a screenshot of any game on my Xbox or playstation, I am also guy who likes to figure out things myself (no guides, no videos etc.). Also a big point that I have noticed in the ui video; Can anyone explain to me how is destruction all stars taking 6-7 seconds to load? This game doesn’t look big.

Those features are critical for content creators at least. Many would take advantage of those, at least.

chonga

I don't think those 8 seconds are actually the game loading.
If you watch carefully, you'll see that developers and publishers like to display there logos during intros or start up.
Remove the logos, intro and you'll see the actual load time.
Plus you can see the guy is tapping a button to speed up or skip the intro.
Games will be loading the items they need during those logos.

If you are able to skip the logos it just means the game can load what it needs in a quicker time than would be reasonable to display the logos.

That's why some games let you skip logos only after a certain time has passed (it finished loading) and others don't let you skip them at all (they aren't confident it will have loaded).

It is like a racing game will ask you to select a track first most of the time. It begins loading the track once you make that selection and then you faff about picking the car and livery etc.

And in the PS5 case, remember we also have patents (they might not be implemented, of course) where game items can load simply by having it being the currently selected item in a list.

mejin

Was this actually in the video?
I don’t like it when big companies resort to trolling but with the amount Microsoft has recently they do deserve some back.

It is tiring I know.

Sony put in practice what Spencer only talk about. I mean Spencer is always saying Sony is not competition anymore, but he's always talking about Sony and his goons are always feeding the toxic community with provocations.

Sony just ignores Xbox and also is starting to ignore the "professional" media.

If you talk about the competition you acknowledge them.

I'm still wondering though, are they better than Sony MDR-7506? Those classic ones are praised for being extremely sensitive to low frequency audio up to high ones. I wonder why many musicians and producers prefer them? They cost less than Pulse 3D as well. We need to see reviews of them through the DualSense controller.

Sony_MDR-7506_30236247_10.jpg
The XM series were actually inspired by variants of the same tech that powered Sony's pro grade studio headphones, as a matter of fact, they were inspired by that tech. They are similar in many ways than people realise.

The XM series were actually inspired by variants of the same tech that powered Sony's pro grade studio headphones, as a matter of fact, they were inspired by that tech. They are similar in many ways than people realise.
As a matter of fact, it's not the XM4's that were expected to be the major upgrade, it's the XM5's and i reckon that'll end up being the case.

Last edited:
Any ideas on how the new integrated store will work?

ps5_ui_games_home_3840.jpg

Are we expecting categories or an entire menu system when you scroll down?
I bet the magnifying glass(Search button) at the top right adapts according to context, i.e. Depending on the application you're in. When you're in the main screen for instance it searches for elements found there according to what you search, but when in the store it's functionality changes to allow it to find items in the PsStore.

Wow, do you have any details about the XM5's? How early these leaks came?
It's not actually leaks. I believe in some tech ,it's always the odd numbers that bring the biggest changes. For example the XM1 started it all for the XM series and the XM3 evolved the tech, it wasn't just an iterative change. I think the same will ring true for the XM5

INC

As a matter of fact, it's not the XM4's that were expected to be the major upgrade, it's the XM5's and i reckon that'll end up being the case.

I'll just rock my audio technica ath-m50x for now, no mic tho, I guess the controller has a mic, hope its got some type of background noise removal algorithm, maybe copy nvidias sound ai tech for that

I'll just rock my audio technica ath-m50x for now, no mic tho, I guess the controller has a mic, hope its got some type of background noise removal algorithm, maybe copy nvidias sound ai tech for that
Sony actually excels in noise cancellation tech. Their tech is the best when it comes to noise cancellation ,followed closely by Bose. My next buy will be HifiMan's though, i love that brand, especially the sound that their headphones can produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom