• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT’S YASUHIRO OOTORI REVEALS PREFERABLE PLAYSTATION 5 POSITION

This is a frequently asked question. From the designer’s point of view, there is no difference in cooling performance between vertical and horizontal installation. I think some people think that the heat dissipation efficiency should be higher in the vertical installation due to the chimney effect. However, in a cooling system with an active fan (electric fan), the chimney effect is at the measurement error level. It works according to the specifications in both horizontal and vertical installation. Personally, I like the vertical placement where the top and bottom of the “PS logo” can be seen correctly (laughs).

B_Boss

Apologies if posted:

SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT’S YASUHIRO OOTORI REVEALS PREFERABLE PLAYSTATION 5 POSITION

Vertical or die, period lol.

Oh like my phone has? That's turned off as well.

Well that is your loss, I guess.

What were your point, to state to the world that you dont like rumble/haptic feedback? Mission accomplished ;)

It looks like dualsense feedback is something new/different so would at least try it out before being too stubborn about the opinion.

Good haptics like on phone while typing is nice feature for most people, so it could be nice on controller too

sircaw

Banned
-Would love to see some Godfall footage of end game activities,

Are they doing anything different, are they adding extra quests, bosses, do i just keep farming the world over and over again. Are they planning to support the game with Dlc.

-Would like to see another Astroboy level, the jungle one please, sliding down a giant anaconda. :messenger_heart:

-Dark souls a look at a few bits of loot and inventory system please, what's new, what's changed.

-Ratchet and clank, would love to see another level, just one more please, maybe a prehistoric level. DO IT.

ArcaneNLSC

Are they doing anything different, are they adding extra quests, bosses, do i just keep farming the world over and over again. Are they planning to support the game with Dlc.

-Would like to see another Astroboy level, the jungle one please, sliding down a giant anaconda. :messenger_heart:

-Dark souls a look at a few bits of loot and inventory system please, what's new, what's changed.

-Ratchet and clank, would love to see another level, just one more please, maybe a prehistoric level. DO IT.

9fSLZ4h.jpg

mitchman

Gold Member
I wonder if the steam shop will also feature xbox games for accounts that are linked. Valve gets a kickback of, say, 10% for games reached via steam.

Well that is your loss, I guess.

What were your point, to state to the world that you dont like rumble/haptic feedback? Mission accomplished ;)

It looks like dualsense feedback is something new/different so would at least try it out before being too stubborn about the opinion.

Good haptics like on phone while typing is nice feature for most people, so it could be nice on controller too
Someone posted about Godall rumble and I said sweet can't wait to turn off rumble and then it was a bunch of people arguing semantics. I'm allowed to be not interested in that feature but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Dark souls ? 🤔👀😳

kyliethicc

Someone posted about Godall rumble and I said sweet can't wait to turn off rumble and then it was a bunch of people arguing semantics. I'm allowed to be not interested in that feature but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
Why share your opinion if you don't want to hear others opinions? You shouldn't post in a forum and expect no one to disagree with you. You didn't express yourself hoping to be ignored. You don't like rumble? Cool. Many do, though.

Its a fun feature for many, and the new haptic feedback wil need to be felt to be understood. I'd advise we all keep an open mind about it until we feel it ourselves.

Also, life rumbles. Its not just sights/sounds. Real life has touch too. A sword in the hand vibrates when striking another blade. That shock wave is felt in the hand. A controller being able to convey that feel to the player is a great idea. Same with a car pedal, gun triggers, bows, punches, etc.

You're clearly in the minority of disliking rumble. If you have no interest in changing your mind on the topic, then all I can say is cool. Enjoy less.

YoodlePro

Oh like my phone has? That's turned off as well.
Look, just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean EVERYONE will feel the same.

For me, immersion is everything. One reason I fucking hate playing anything on mobile phones, tablets and to some extent PC, is that I have no feedback outside of visual.

I'm one of those that would have been really hyped for the stupid South Park The Stick of Truth Smell-O-Vision where you could smell the farts.

Nickolaidas

For me, immersion is everything. One reason I fucking hate playing anything on mobile phones, tablets and to some extent PC, is that I have no feedback outside of visual.

I'm one of those that would have been really hyped for the stupid South Park The Stick of Truth Smell-O-Vision where you could smell the farts.
Didn't he speak for himself only, though?

sircaw

Banned
I basically survived on the absolute same cartoons, mate, including also Tom & Jerry and Wile E. Coyote. We're old 😂

I mean there as some real old, i lived my early years in Zambia and we basically got a lot of ould American stuff on tv, i am not sure how rare these are but i remember these.

sorry for the derail people this will be the last cartoons i link, its a slow day, i apologize.

Why share your opinion if you don't want to hear others opinions? You shouldn't post in a forum and expect no one to disagree with you. You didn't express yourself hoping to be ignored. You don't like rumble? Cool. Many do, though.

Its a fun feature for many, and the new haptic feedback wil need to be felt to be understood. I'd advise we all keep an open mind about it until we feel it ourselves.

Also, life rumbles. Its not just sights/sounds. Real life has touch too. A sword in the hand vibrates when striking another blade. That shock wave is felt in the hand. A controller being able to convey that feel to the player is a great idea. Same with a car pedal, gun triggers, bows, punches, etc.

You're clearly in the minority of disliking rumble. If you have no interest in changing your mind on the topic, then all I can say is cool. Enjoy less.
I'm fine with others opinions but I didn't get them. I got it's not rumble it's haptic feedback. I could see the argument for it with VR and some kind of glove. I will wait for it to be not just promo material telling me how good it is to maybe change my mind. I won't be getting a ps5 till spring anyway. Also the stuff you are saying has been said for pretty much every rumble so far and they have all been garbage so I'm not so easily sold on it as you I guess.

sircaw

Banned
I basically survived on the absolute same cartoons, mate, including also Tom & Jerry and Wile E. Coyote. We're old 😂

one of my favorites was from the bugs bunny cartoon, maybe not bugs so much but rather that martian that was always trying to destroy the earth.

You know the one, he, it, whatever it was lol, it was so awesome.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Although I lived through and remember so many of the shows seen on these pages.. and more that I loved growing up.. this thread is starting to look like GeezerGaming :) .... *oldmanvoice* I remember when games were made of wood and metal things.

If you know what movie this .gif comes from, yeah, you're up there with me or older:
RemorsefulHarshEarthworm-small.gif

One more hint:
tumblr_pth8qkvwxi1qzt49co1_500.gifv

DaGwaphics

Yeah indeed, I've got an original Xbox One, so I'm going to hold off in playing it until the patch arrives. Don't think this game was really intended to be played on the Xbox One and PS4.

Same. I think the VCR is not going to look good in this one. This is one of those play it on PC or wait on next-gen titles.

Zadom

I'm fine with others opinions but I didn't get them. I got it's not rumble it's haptic feedback. I could see the argument for it with VR and some kind of glove. I will wait for it to be not just promo material telling me how good it is to maybe change my mind. I won't be getting a ps5 till spring anyway. Also the stuff you are saying has been said for pretty much every rumble so far and they have all been garbage so I'm not so easily sold on it as you I guess.

szMkkaF.jpg

It’s garbage! Everyone is stupid!

Last edited:

See now that sounds awesome but my nose doesn't work properly due to many breaks and no medical care haha. No where did I say anything except it's not for me. I actually said it was cool but I'll still be turning it off. People just run with the last quote and take it out of context. I said it's rumble, people said it's not (it is) and then the shit talk began. People stating my dislike is not valid but others liking it is valid. I have no qualms with people liking rumble but it seems the opposite can not be the true.

Didn't he speak for himself only, though?
100%
People will argue it was a pointless post but I was just next gen rumble speculating that I'll be turning it off. Just as valid of a point as the bulk of posts in this thread (basically pointless)

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

geordiemp

Last edited:
Although I lived through and remember so many of the shows seen on these pages.. and more that I loved growing up.. this thread is starting to look like GeezerGaming :) .... *oldmanvoice* I remember when games were made of wood and metal things.

If you know what movie this .gif comes from, yeah, you're up there with me or older:

One more hint:
Those things run on Batteries right?

Your stuff is not early kid stuff, yours it is more moving into the early teens.

Xmen, Thunder cats, he-man, turtles, Lonestar, transformers etc, i think most of us from back then love that stuff.

Just imagine being a kid today and growing up with the shit they have on now. Cry
The voice actor of rogue on the X-Men cartoon is my local MLA in shit town Nova Scotia. She came to my door for a vote and I just kept asking her why she sounded so familiar. Didn't mention X-Men once. Didn't figure it out till I googled her. If she would of brought it up it would of been an instant vote for her.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

One more hint:
Batteries not included, awesome film
Do you remember Cocoon though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom