• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Doesn't answer the question of why it is running 4k @30fps on XBOX series X. Makes no sense what so ever.

Maybe they could only get to 40 or 50 so capped at 30 ?

Just becausse a game runs at 30 FPS, does not tell you how close it came to 60, we would need an unlocked frame rate for that.

Question is, the other games we have had benchmarked on XSX, is this a outlier ? We have heard all the emulation / GCN rubbish flying around, but I dont buy that for a second......We will know soon enough.

Last edited:

PSX

Used to eat my steak medium, but honestly going well done has deeper taste and flavor. Medium/rare tastes bland to my liking, now I only go well done.

200.gif

tronied

We have written a whole lot about Yakuza: Like a Dragon recently, but mainly for the PlayStation 5 version (release date pushed back and strange save file policy). But today we have something interesting to offer regarding the Xbox Series X version of the game, as Sega has updated the Microsoft Store page.

Now they have added information about the Xbox Series X version, which will run in 4K and also 60+ frames per second. The plus sign means it can even run in higher frame rates, but we do not know how high. The original version for PlayStation 4 (only released in Japan) runs in 30 frames per second, something that's probably true for the Xbox One version coming on November 10 as well. We do not know which resolution and frame rate the Xbox Series S version will run at.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon launches on November 10 for PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X. On March 2 next year, it is also being release for PlayStation 4 and 5.
https://www.gamereactor.eu/yakuza-like-a-dragon-runs-in-4k-and-60fps-for-xbox-series-x/

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting confused with their messaging.

Gudji

IMHO the charger is the greatest add-on possible for a PS5. I could finally charge without looking for a USB port of a active computer.

I didn't get a charger with PS4 but I'm definitely going to get one for PS5, since I also plan to grab a 2nd controller when new colors become available. I'ts also much more convenient for my setup atm.

Last edited:

Garani

LOLwut. Why can't you charge with a cable connected to the PS5?

Because if it works as the PS4, once that it's off it won't give energy to the USB to change the controller overnight. The charger would just makes things easier.

Last edited:

Gudji

Because if it works as the PS4, once that it's off it won't give energy to the USB to change the controller overnight. The charger would just makes things easier.

Do you just put the controller on the charger every time you stop your gaming sessions? Doesn't that damage the battery or something?

AeneaGames

I expected to multiplatform runs better on PS5 due all the focus on efficiency... at least on first years.

But that difference is atrocious if true.

Bigger than CoD 720p to 1080p.

What if the difference really isn't that much. I mean what if XSX could run at 50-55fps and PS5 does 60+ constantly? Then locking the fps to 30 on XSX makes sense. I would expect them to add an unlocked frame rate later tho for people who have a VRR capable display.

Tho I remember seeing this debunked somewhere as well. Can't remember where tho

Last edited:

T-Cake

Would you not leave it in rest mode to charge up?

Although with the PS5, one of the USB ports has the lightning symbol on to suggest it can charge while powered off.

Garani

Do you just put the controller on the charger every time you stop your gaming sessions? Doesn't that damage the battery or something?

That's an interesting point of view. There are rumors that batteries go bad because of deep discharge. There are other rumors that put the blame on fast charge, others that talks about heat having an impact on battery's life. So who knows? For this generation my kids use the controllers until they are dead and then they scramble to find a charged one (that isn't there, because of Murphy's law) or grab a long ass USB cable. It actually is amusing from a parent point of view :D

Would you not leave it in rest mode to charge up?

Although with the PS5, one of the USB ports has the lightning symbol on to suggest it can charge while powered off.

I don't use rest mode: too much electricity consumption. I just switch is all off and be done with it.

What the PS5 can and cannot do, we'll see it soon enough.

Chukhopops

Has anything been announced by MS regarding the transfer of data from XB1 to XSX?

Back when the 1X launched there was a very nice transfer app to move games and apps without having to redownload everything. Reason I ask is because I'm considering selling my 1X now before the new gen launches and the prices fall, and just wait until my pre-ordered XSX arrives.

Alternatively, would it work to move games to an external usb disk (not an SSD, standard one) and plug it in for BC games?

Riky

$MSFT
Has anything been announced by MS regarding the transfer of data from XB1 to XSX?

Back when the 1X launched there was a very nice transfer app to move games and apps without having to redownload everything. Reason I ask is because I'm considering selling my 1X now before the new gen launches and the prices fall, and just wait until my pre-ordered XSX arrives.

Alternatively, would it work to move games to an external usb disk (not an SSD, standard one) and plug it in for BC games?

Yes you can keep them on an external and move them to XSX.

Nickolaidas

XSX

- Most powerful console ever, 25TF (a minimum of 40 fps, it's math)
- Fastest SSD (VA offers 2.5x multiplier, effective 18GB/s, plus efficiencies around PRT and VRS, so it's like 36GB or more)
- Smart Delivery (it installs the best version for your system, no questions asked, no additional money like phony)
- 120fps with Ray Tracing at up to 8k (if developers are not lazy)
- Dolby3D, amazing sound and compatible with all your speakers, no need for proprietary shit
- Proprietary expansion card, to ensure maximum compatibility (and much better than opening your console every day to switch the SSD)
But will it stroke my cock as I play?

Dodkrake

Banned
Are you insane lol? I don’t believe she deserves to have that written about her 😤.

Why would anyone on earth ever need to “open up your console to switch the SSD” lol? Unless of course this is a joke post, etc.
It tells a lot about this forum and how it has decayed due to bots spreading crap when people can't tell my post was a joke using an amalgamation of commonly used talking points in the last few months.

Nothing against you mate, btw, just stating it.

sircaw

Banned
I expected to multiplatform runs better on PS5 due all the focus on efficiency... at least on first years.

But that difference is atrocious if true.

i mean this can't be right, i mean that's pretty disgusting if it is, that's a whole 30 fps, surely it's a typo/misprint.

Just imagine it is not though, wow, i would be fucking livid if i bought an xbox and that was the case.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
i mean this can't be right, i mean that's pretty disgusting if it is, that's a whole 30 fps, surely it's a typo/misprint.

Just imagine it is not though, wow, i would be fucking livid if i bought an xbox and that was the case.

The clipping at 1:14 or 1:18(I can't remember which) in the scorn video... right through the wall like it wasn't even really there.

Mahavastu

In the game informer interview they said they (*) want to reveal something about Spiderman on the 23rd, but they reveal something everyday. Not that I complain :messenger_winking:
It looks like they have a schedule when to reveal what, and maybe it was just a tweet like that.

(*) I don't remember if "they" means Game Informer or Insomniac.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Three weeks until the launch of the PS5

and it still doesn't feel like it's launching. Where tf is the hype and excitement? Things are dead af these days

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's ok, mate, we now know Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem gets triggered at Minecraft and rare steaks 😂

Nah, I once eaten near-raw meat because I was too hungry and in a hurry. Meat when it gets well done makes a very strong taste that I like, chewing that fat and cartilages, and sometimes even eating soft bones if the cow(bull)/camel/goat is young. I really feel sorry for vegans, can't take that torture.:lollipop_downcast_sweat:

That meat in rare/medium status needs more sauce to give it some good taste, but for well done even just salt is more than enough.:messenger_ok:

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
What if the difference really isn't that much. I mean what if XSX could run at 50-55fps and PS5 does 60+ constantly? Then locking the fps to 30 on XSX makes sense. I would expect them to add an unlocked frame rate later tho for people who have a VRR capable display.

For some reason, i never think about it just falling short or getting to like 50 or something.

i always think it's the very low end when ever i see it.

this def could be the reason.
Damn Cat. "lollipop_disappointed:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I saw some people on reddit talk about that, it was defaulting to the dolby option for some reason but even if I manually nswitch it to the enhanced 4k 120 option it doesn't work flawless. I set it to standard and it works fine now hopefully there won't be any funky stuff with the ps5 with the enhanced option.

It's because you're using an HDMI 2.0 with 18Gbps bandwidth that can't handle such signal. Use the older format, basic one as you only need 4K@60Hz and HDR10.

Redlight

Nah, I once eaten near-raw meat because I was too hungry and in a hurry. Meat when it gets well done makes a very strong taste that I like, chewing that fat and cartilages, and sometimes even eating soft bones if the cow(bull)/camel/goat is young. I really feel sorry for vegans, can't take that torture.:lollipop_downcast_sweat:

That meat in rare/medium status needs more sauce to give it some good taste, but for well done even just salt is more than enough.:messenger_ok:
I see that you know as much about meat as you do about consoles. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom