• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

user1337

How big is this game in terms of hours played for say a playthrough for an average player?
Depens on how average lol. My first ever attempt at it back on the PS3, I never finished it. Beat every souls game since then many many times (game +++++++++ usually).

sircaw

Banned
It's Youngs that you need to worry about...

"Thou shall have a fishy on a little dishy" goes the jingle.

Last night geordiemp geordiemp messaged me saying he just had supper, Roast lamb, spuds, cheese cauli, all the trimmings.

I mean this was on a fucking Wens night, what kinda of life does his Royal Highness live.

He asked me what i was having and when i said a burnt sausage roll he laughed at me.

The bastard.

Last edited:

duhmetree

That's actually a really interesting and in depth interview with Jim Ryan (not the IGN one you linked, the original GamesIndustry article they cited).
We already know about HFW, so I would imagine another one or two big first party games in addition to all the 3rd party support would qualify as keeping them engaged and happy. I do imagine there will still be many first party exclusives in that time frame only because of Jim's next quote:

"Now we are starting with 100 million gamers, who we hope to transition very, very rapidly onto PS5. And it's an engaged, tribal, networked community, who will be deeply and profoundly engaged with their PlayStation 5, we hope, from a very early moment."

The transition very, very rapidly onto PS5 isn't something you just hope happens. That's accomplished by an attractive value proposition and for Sony it's their first party exclusives which is why I still think there will be quite a few only on PS5 in the first few years.
That's somewhat refreshing. Hopefully he just means MLB the show. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Nowcry

geordiemp geordiemp Get your Carcass in here.
At the risk of being wrong and what Geordiem says:
VARYING EFFECTIVE RESOLUTION BY SCREEN LOCATION BY ALTERING RASTERIZATION PARAMETERS
(like VRS)

GRADIENT ADJUSTMENT FOR TEXTURE MAPPING TO NON-ORTHONORMAL GRID
(saving non-orthogonal textures by gradient) An effect similar to Shamper Feedback Streaming

Fragment shaders perform vertex shader computations:
(Like Mesh Shaders)

Scheme for compressing vertex shader output parameters:
(Enhanced mesh shaders with compression)

Are already all the patents of VRS Mesh Shaders + compression + SFS supported in PS5 and RT, it is not necessary to mention or demonstrate anything.
we are all RDNA2 :messenger_beermugs: :messenger_beermugs: :messenger_beermugs: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️can we focus once on the hardware ???that is the important?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
At the risk of being wrong and what Geordiem says:
VARYING EFFECTIVE RESOLUTION BY SCREEN LOCATION BY ALTERING RASTERIZATION PARAMETERS
(like VRS)

(saving non-orthogonal textures by gradient) An effect similar to Shamper Feedback Streaming

(Like Mesh Shaders)

Are already all the patents of VRS Mesh Shaders + compression + SFS supported in PS5 and RT, it is not necessary to mention or demonstrate anything.
we are all RDNA2 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️can we focus once on the hardware ???that is the important?

I am about at technical as i am sexy after a six-pack of beers, i yield to you good sir. "lollipop_disappointed:

Aceofspades

Banned
50544007773_b4492d2d6b_5k.jpg

PchB2WgP1aKc0.gif

PS5 DE is the best looking next gen console by far . Just beautiful

LucidFlux

Can the new director...tell us wtf this game is first

Haha even though we have no idea what kind of game it is, it is still by far my most anticipated Xbox title next to Avowed.

i was genuinely surprised because i know i haven't seen my 2070 super ever produced those quality graphics at that framerate when i turn on RT even with DLSS on. yet. ps5 is 2060 level according to Alex from DF.

the point i want to make is that i found the majority of the technical discussions here all have agenda behind. true from both sides. but gaf is not known for deep technical discussion anyway. :messenger_halo:

Well you've never played a game specifically designed to push your 2070 super :messenger_winking:

But yes I agree, while my eyes do glaze over as I skim past some of the constant bickering, there are some funny fuckers here that keep me entertained during downtime at work. It does also serve as a good aggregate for next-gen news and there is the occasional nugget of wisdom that gets dropped.

sircaw

Banned
Probably built it himself from spare bins he managed to find and Cerny blueprints.
That's why he's obsessed with patents! Been wondering which bits of RDNA2 he needed to add or delete to make it "Custom" :messenger_winking:

More importantly, I forgot to ask though...

Was the sausage roll a Greggs?

it was lol, actually i snuck two of them down my god like a pregnant hog and AND, Look what G Geordie just messaged me.

I just had a Fillet steak, mmmmm, just a little red in middle and tender, with some peppercorn sauce......

You eat seaweed and plankton anyway, so no harm done :messenger_beaming:

I mean WTF IS THIS

Last edited:

onesvenus

This is nothing like Sampler Feedback Streaming
(Like Mesh Shaders)
This is nothing like mesh shaders
This talks about vertex shader output, not about mesh shaders.

Please, read about those techniques before doing wrong assumptions.

sircaw

Banned
I believe the term is called "Flexing"

Obviously hasn't had the pleasure of knowing what a Sausage, Beans and Cheese melt is! 🤣

Yep, i am getting sick and tired of these posh Gits, Garani Garani is another one, yesterday was having Afternoon tea and biscuits in his/her little garden in their private picturesque Tolkien village.

I hope i find these people in Demon souls, i am so unleashing on them.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 is another one with his goddam beach hut and riding around in his 50 cars. I am gonna nail his arse to the tarmac in destruction all-stars, all i need to do is look for the car with the horns on the front of it and ram it, job done. Hilly billy down.

JonnyMP3

Yep, i am getting sick and tired of these posh Gits, Garani Garani is another one, yesterday was having Afternoon tea and biscuits in his/her little garden in their private picturesque Tolkien village.

I hope i find these people in Demon souls, i am so unleashing on them.

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 is another one with his goddam beach hut and riding around in his 50 cars. I am gonna nail his arse to the tarmac in destruction all-stars, all i need to do is look for the car with the horns on the front of it and ram it, job done. Hilly billy down.
Surprised that no one has confessed to paying for the pleasure of eating your family's babies.
Sick fucks!
Caviar is just baby fish murder... Extravagant and Expensive baby fish murder.

sircaw

Banned
Surprised that no one has confessed to paying for the pleasure of eating your family's babies.
Sick fucks!
Caviar is just baby fish murder... Extravagant and Expensive baby fish murder.

this might sound crazy but i love fish and i mean a lot, i love them so much in the hobby it actually upsets me when i see people killing or eating them in real life. I feel like apart of me dies when i walk past the fish mongers at Morrisons. Sad but true.

JonnyMP3

this might sound crazy but i love fish and i mean a lot, i love them so much in the hobby it actually upsets me when i see people killing or eating them in real life. I feel like apart of me dies when i walk past the fish mongers at Morrisons. Sad but true.
As a lover of tropical fish and owner of a few tanks previously... I do prefer to eat my land animals than my sea creatures... Apart from shellfish. Shellfish are delicious! :goog_face_savoring_food:

ethomaz

Banned
I watched the tease video... they showed the PS5 in a table and it looks gorgeous.
I bit surprise the console from their video looks smaller compared with the X than the others pics surfing in the forum.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

Richard Leadbetter on the Dualsense

"this is simply phenomenal...we can spend hours talking about what they're doing with the controller in the Astrobot game, because it is a revolution in my opinion, i've never felt anything like it, my only concern is it's going to get overused to the point it becomes obnoxious but in Astrobot right now, it feels fresh and exciting, things I noticed when you're wading through mud you actually feel resistance of the mud, when it's raining you feel the rain coming down...this is the thing it's difficult to convey in this video because when you look at Astrobot it's a very good looking game of it's type but you don't look at like this is something the Playstation 4 couldn't do, but the Playstation 4 couldn't deliver this experience whatsoever because the whole interface between the player and the game is revolutionary and it is just remarkable and I was honestly blown away by it."

Last edited by a moderator:

Nowcry

This is nothing like Sampler Feedback Streaming

This is nothing like mesh shaders

This talks about vertex shader output, not about mesh shaders.

Please, read about those techniques before doing wrong assumptions.

Being the description so vague it is clear that it is difficult to know if it is 100% but with what I know, I think that is precisely what they are talking about.

Anyway, let's hope that geordiemp geordiemp tells us something, although I think he will be in the same problem with the vague or lame description.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom