• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyMP3

It actually shows how little people have read Tolkien, but it's good for a laught!
Read the Trilogy 20 years ago when the films made the books come back in fashion. One and done for me tbh.
Also kinda sick of High Fantasy being mainly Tolkien inspired.

I did love the Hobbit graphic novel as a kid though.

geordiemp

Being the description so vague it is clear that it is difficult to know if it is 100% but with what I know, I think that is precisely what they are talking about.

Anyway, let's hope that geordiemp geordiemp tells us something, although I think he will be in the same problem with the vague or lame description.

PRT+ did allot of what SFS is except for the last blending in the image part if its late and very small differences, PRT+ is well documented if you want to read about it and did allot of the same shit. PRT+ was in Ps4.

Most of the SFS benefits / compares to non PRT+ ...its called marketing PR.

PRT+ vs SFS is not that exciting really with ps5 SSD its kinda irrelevant so I have not looked at it for quite a few months and I like hardware stuff better.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Read the Trilogy 20 years ago when the films made the books come back in fashion. One and done for me tbh.

You know strangely enough i was first introduced to Lord of the rings through the cartoon.

I watched it when i was about 7 or 8, its the first part of the book. I read the entire book when i was 14, and i did not really like it much.

JonnyMP3

no in your fish tanks you fucking TOOL, fuck the shell fish lol
Prefer to eat the shellfish... But each to their own.
Erm usual suspects. Have had Tetras, Guppies, Mollies, Rasporas, Gouramis, Danios, Dwarf Chain Loaches, lots of different Corydoras catfish...

sircaw

Banned
Prefer to eat the shellfish... But each to their own.
Erm usual suspects. Have had Tetras, Guppies, Mollies, Rasporas, Gouramis, Danios, Dwarf Chain Loaches, lots of different Corydoras catfish...

A man after my own heart, you have gone up on My pecking order list. :messenger_heart:

Sorry Sleep doctor your out. "lollipop_disappointed:

ethomaz

Banned

I read them way before the the movies that makes me hate a bit the first movie from the absence of Tom Bombardi (that is the translation name here)... it lacked a lot of details in a fucking slow pace.

The others movies were more alright because I already set my expectation after the first movie and it was way more faster with action (that worked pretty well with the movie) making the details lost not a big deal.

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

That shows how much Richard feel about PS5.

ElhqMw_XEAASGuS

They will keep pushing the narrative even with the console in hands lol
Welcome to Digital Floundering... Where we can't even open a fucking box properly, so fuck me if we've got to open the PS5 up for a teardown!

jose4gg

In defense of DF, and you already know I'm not their biggest fan, because of the PS5 and XBX dimensions, PS5 can be perceived as heavier in hand, depending on how you hold it.

Last edited:

Nowcry

PRT+ did allot of what SFS is except for the last blending in the image part if its late and very small differences, PRT+ is well documented if you want to read about it and did allot of the same shit. PRT+ was in Ps4.

Most of the SFS stuff comapres to non PRT+ benefits....its called PR.

PRT+ vs SFS is not that exciting really with ps5 SSD its kinda irrelevant so I have not looked at it for quite a few months.
GRADIENT ADJUSTMENT FOR TEXTURE MAPPING TO NON-ORTHONORMAL GRID
Nov 16, 2018
In a computer graphics processing unit (GPU) having a texture unit, when pixel sample locations are based on a non-orthonormal grid in scene space, the texture unit receives texture space gradient values directly, e.g., from a shader unit or generates them from texture coordinates supplied, e.g., by a shader unit, and then applies a transformation to the gradient values configured to adjust the gradient values to those which would arise from the use of a orthonormal screen space grid.

I think they're talking about oblique textures and how to interpolate pixel values to save bringing textures that aren't actually showing to the caches.

I think it is an improvement of PRT +, which tries to lighten and save even more by interpolating (fragments of textures divided by PRT + and that do not show up completely). And save the texture coordinates of the texture.

That it works well, I don't know.

sircaw

Banned
i don’t see the differences being that big, it’s always been about the games and how they deliver. something playstation has always done imo :lollipop_beaming_smiling:

ITs parity that xbox users have been looking for, if ps5 reaches this when xbox has all that extra power and ( FULL RdNA2 FEATURES COUGH) this is a massive win for PlayStation, in fact its game over.

12 tflops vs 10 means ps5 is by far the better machine, no one can not argue it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Nov 16, 2018
In a computer graphics processing unit (GPU) having a texture unit, when pixel sample locations are based on a non-orthonormal grid in scene space, the texture unit receives texture space gradient values directly, e.g., from a shader unit or generates them from texture coordinates supplied, e.g., by a shader unit, and then applies a transformation to the gradient values configured to adjust the gradient values to those which would arise from the use of a orthonormal screen space grid.

I think they're talking about oblique textures and how to interpolate pixel values to save bringing textures that aren't actually showing to the caches.

I think it is an improvement of PRT +, which tries to lighten and save even more by interpolating (fragments of textures divided by PRT + and that do not show up completely). And save the texture coordinates of the texture.

I have a feeling that you and Geordie would really do well together.

JonnyMP3

if your tank was a Globe then its a 10/10, atlas holding up the world etc.

My purple and black Betta that rules the tank is called Frank after Frank castle from the Punisher. He is a total pussy lol.
Unfortunately no, tis not a globe tank.
Atlas is a reddy purplely blueish Betta that we rescued from being devoured by other males because the original owner didn't know you weren't meant to keep the males together without enough females.
Alas... Atlas is under the possession of my ex... As well as the rest of those fishes :goog_tongue:

sircaw

Banned
Unfortunately no, tis not a globe tank.
Atlas is a reddy purplely blueish Betta that we rescued from being devoured by other males because the original owner didn't know you weren't meant to keep the males together without enough females.
Alas... Atlas is under the possession of my ex... As well as the rest of those fishes :goog_tongue:

i would murder her if she stole my fish.

geordiemp

Nov 16, 2018

Sounds like texture maping to non regular shapes I agree, and a bit of procedural generation in there I guess as well. I have not read that one, and not in mood tonight. You have to be in the mood for patents.... :messenger_beaming:

Rossco EZ

ITs parity that xbox users have been looking for, if ps5 reaches this when xbox has all that extra power and ( FULL RSNA2 FEATURES COUGH) this is a massive win for PlayStation, in fact its game over.

12 tflops vs 10 means ps5 is by far the better machine, no one can not argue it.
yeah exactly, PS5 just seems very well tuned (not saying xbox isn’t) like they eliminated a lot of bottlenecks. i’m not overly tech savvy :messenger_tears_of_joy: but do enjoy reading about it all though.

JonnyMP3

Sounds like texture maping to non regular shapes I agree, and a bit of procedural generation in there I guess as well. I have not read that one, and not in mood tonight. You have to be in the mood for patents.... :messenger_beaming:
I knew you had an obsession with patents! Said it about 2 pages ago...
:lollipop_winking:

As you build your own PS5...
In a cave...
Out of scraps...

Last edited:

Garani

I read it when I was 14 (too many years ago, alas) and I took my bloody time to read the 3 books, like 3 months. My parents actually got worried because everynight I used to go to the living room, listlen to Eye of the Tiger and other personally made hit list on loop while reading the book. Yeah, teen years are about angst :D

he does follow him to the end of the earth so there has to be someting.

We gotta ask the Ainur. They should know by now.

moedesty

Banned
guys question: i have this monitor: asus rog swift pg279q. it does not have hdmi 2.1. does ist mean no 120fps with nextgen consoles?

thanks for answering.

TLZ

Banned
Got a call from EB last night asking what time I'm going to pick up and that they're going to be opening at 8am for XSX and 7am for PS5, on the 10th and 12th.

Maybe a bit early but OOOHHH YISSSS :messenger_sunglasses:

I thought she was telling me she had them now and when I'd like to pick them up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Got too excited a little....

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
This is a parody account of colt but is that really him?

Edit: it’s not letting me upload the photo so never mind...

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Only on gaf do we have a df video where they spend half the run time singing high praises to the dualsense, but everyone fixates on Richard accidentally ripping a sleeve to keep up the story that they hate the PS5 lmao
As we know cardboard boxes are the most important part of next gen consoles.I plan on buying a ps5 but will only keep the box does the console interests anyone ?I will obviously have no use for it.

Please nobody cares about thoses boxes (as long as nothing breaks in it), will we argue about which delivery have the best cardboard boxes for the consoles cardboard boxes now?
Who here likes DHL boxes more than UPS?
Because if my console come within a DHL box I will refuse the console and buy omsething else, maybe a toaster....

These consoles need to come out we're becoming crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom