• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They provided stuff, what have you provided again? Nada. Come again~
I told this forum that they will be in upheaval 3 days before the 12tflop news came? Why? Cause i knew it was coming from sources. Here we are and you are mad Sony fanboy trying to conjure up anything to make yourself feel better that Sony has the more powerful console. Good luck.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Well im not making imaginary shit up, i want Xbox to have power crown and alot of xbox fans wanted that after what happened in 2013. If Sony matches what xbox has tho, its a win for lockhart. I think pricetag will be indicative of specs. The ability to go 2 sku approach insured them to go after a 2080ti gpu spec or close to it.
Well, it's kinda hard to keep up. I used to be a little familiar with your crew over a year ago and there's a lot of misinformation coming from members of your podcast.

And 2080Ti? So even better than the GTX 1080Ti.

Kinda funny coming from a crew who thought The Xbox One X was going to outperform the GTX 1070.

demigod

I told this forum that they will be in upheaval 3 days before the 12tflop news came? Why? Cause i knew it was coming from sources. Here we are and you are mad Sony fanboy trying to conjure up anything to make yourself feel better that Sony has the more powerful console. Good luck.

lol what am I mad about? I have a PC if I need moar POWA. I'm not conjuring up anything about PS5's power. I don't see you disputing what Tommy Fisher said. Why? Because you don't have the full specs of both consoles. Wannabe insider, lol.

Well, it's kinda hard to keep up. I used to be a little familiar with your crew over a year ago and there's a lot of misinformation coming from members of your podcast.

And 2080Ti? So even better than the GTX 1080Ti.

Kinda funny coming from a crew who thought The Xbox One X was going to outperform the GTX 1070.
Crew? I wasnt on rdx a year ago, so well misinformed. You should of paid more attention to last pod a tad more after the whole ssd things. You missed the goodie.

lol what am I mad about? I have a PC if I need moar POWA. I'm not conjuring up anything about PS5's power. I don't see you disputing what Tommy Fisher said. Why? Because you don't have the full specs of both consoles. Wannabe insider, lol.
I know which one im confident in and which one you are worried about and pretending about. We arent talking PC, i know you, been reading forum a long time. You are a total sony fanboy and now you Are in distress about power. Good luck fam

demigod

Update:

@Tommy Fisher didn’t provide sufficient enough information. Now this does not mean he is discredited (so no pile ons), we just couldn’t come to acceptable terms for verification.

@CameFromNearFuture and XcloudTimdog XcloudTimdog have yet to provide any information.

XcloudTimdog XcloudTimdog You talk big, why haven't you been verified yet?

I know which one im confident in and which one you are worried about and pretending about. We arent talking PC, i know you, been reading forum a long time. You are a total sony fanboy and now you Are in distress about power. Good luck fam

So what are the PS5's specs?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

12TF was rumored for months. It's also not surprising that both consoles would be near 12 since Stadia is apparently around 10.

Crew? I wasnt on rdx a year ago, so well misinformed. You should of paid more attention to last pod a tad more after the whole ssd things. You missed the goodie.

Dee Batch, Dealer, Colteastwood

They're known for spreading a lot of false information.

12TF was rumored for months. It's also not surprising that both consoles would be near 12 since Stadia is apparently around 10.

Dee Batch, Dealer, Colteastwood

They're known for spreading a lot of false information.
Also known for breaking news like the ssd . info and the 12 tflops. Video was out an hour before Jez article.’ Also you said i was apart of crew when I wasnt. Those guys know more than you know,l, like stadia is GCN and new consoles are navi based . Good job making yourself look uninformed

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Also known for breaking news like the ssd . info and the 12 tflops. Video was out an hour before Jez article.’ Also you said i was apart of crew when I wasnt. Those guys know more than you know,l, like stadia is GCN and new consoles are navi based . Good job making yourself look uninformed
Ugh. I debated Dealer and Dee Batch in the comment section, they clearly don't know much as you think. They get a lot of stuff WRONG.

Yes, Look at this video from DF MONTHS AGO.

Around the 7:30 mark, he states that he expects to see 10-12FT max for next gen consoles. So breaking 12 TF is not ground breaking for anyone who was paying attention to all of this info.

onQ123

Not for the XBOX. Nobody was talking about it being over 12TF.

I already proved this was wrong the last time someone said it. we had the 12TF Xbox specs since the beginning of the year

Lort

Banned
Your bark was loud, but your bite wasn't vicious
And the comment that you post is quite bootylicious.

Xbox SX SSD is going to be used better than anything on PC right now because it's a closed box & the SSD is the standard , so yes it's going to be special & used a virtual RAM , basically no loading in some cases but as far as the hardware go the SSD in Xbox SX will be run of the mill while PS5 SSD is going to be cutting edge.

This could be 2X faster than Xbox SX SSD or it can be 5X faster .

What makes you think its going to be run of the mill .. ms has already confirmed its being used as virtual ram through its custom implementation ..so not “run of the mill” sorry.

Lort

Banned
Well im not making imaginary shit up, i want Xbox to have power crown and alot of xbox fans wanted that after what happened in 2013. If Sony matches what xbox has tho, its a win for lockhart. I think pricetag will be indicative of specs. The ability to go 2 sku approach insured them to go after a 2080ti gpu spec or close to it.

Omg lol someone who has some touch on reality. Thats exactly why they did this.

MS going with 2 sku was such a smart move and i wouldnt be surprised if ps follows that .. there are some rumors that they might! It would be the obvious move if they want to “transition” their customers fast and still have some power bragging rights.

Last edited:

MS going with 2 sku was such a smart move and i wouldnt be surprised if ps follows that .. there are some rumors that they might! It would be the obvious move if they want to “transition” their customers fast and still have some power bragging rights.
If you think timdog of all people has any touch of reality after the shit he pulled through in 2012-2013 I m sorry to inform you that u need a dose of reality urself . Just promise us once ps5 is revealed to be more powerful you both won’t start talking about power of cloud or dgpu or limitless clock increase or the magical vrs. You will take the L gracefully unlike the 2013 🍻👍😂

Lort

Banned
If you think timdog of all people has any touch of reality after the shit he pulled through in 2012-2013 I m sorry to inform you that u need a dose of reality urself . Just promise us once ps5 is revealed to be more powerful you both won’t start talking about power of cloud or dgpu or limitless clock increase or the magical vrs. You will take the L gracefully unlike the 2013 🍻👍😂

I havent been here that long... but its obvious why ms did 2 skus and obvious why ps needs to restrict cost ( or go 2 sku) to transition customers fast. If you read my posts i said ps5 may have more tfs.... but that ms may have more customizations. Im not going to retrospectively change my predictions sorry. Also how come when i challenge everyone noone is willing to predict?

You seem pretty confident.

ZywyPL

Banned
These systems having 16GB of RAM lasting 7 years is ridiculous

Then get a PC with 64 and call it a day.

To my understanding developers never load entire game into RAM, but just stream one level for example. It would be funny developers would want load entire 100GB at once :D. 13GB just for streaming should be more than enough.

Especially with ultra fast SSDs on board this time around, I'd imagine streaming will become core focus of the developers.

Last edited:

Kusarigama

Someone needs to create a Insiders Leaks thread, for insiders to leak things (hardware or game related) in cryptic ways of their choice, but without mentioning what are they leaking (so there is no risk of burning sources). At least it would keep us entertained trying to interpret the leaks.
I am all in for this.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

It worked so well for PS3’s launch after all ;).

Gudji

XcloudTimdog XcloudTimdog can't wait to see your reaction during PSM 2020 after Cerny announces 14 TF, Fastest SSD, 16 GB RAM HBM2 + 4 GB DDR4.

Also so far every source has been saying PS5 is sligthly more powerful.

Last edited:

FranXico

I know nothing about the McLaren P1, does that make my ford faster than it then?

Seems to be the logic you are deploying.

I guess your source is windows central, they contacted you through your fanboy channel to let you know they had a story about to drop.
But we must absolutely trust these completely unbiased sources to know everything about both consoles.

TLZ

Banned
Someone needs to create a Insiders Leaks thread, for insiders to leak things (hardware or game related) in cryptic ways of their choice, but without mentioning what are they leaking (so there is no risk of burning sources). At least it would keep us entertained trying to interpret the leaks.
Our own pastebin! Noice!

You're in denial. You can't stand the fact that Klee, Reiner, Colin says PS5 has the power edge. The one that's losing their mind is you :messenger_tears_of_joy:. It's really hard to sleep at night isn't it?
I have seen credible leaks where Sony's GPU is putting out less than 12tflops

"Now respected Japanese leaker Komachi Ensakahas dropped hints about the console’s true power.
In a tweet, he claimed that the GPU (graphics processing unit) will be clocked to 2GHz.
The clock-rate is the frequency at which the GPU runs, and a higher speed can often (though not always) mean boosted performance.
According to Komachi, the boosted clock-rate will allow the PS5 to achieve 9.2TF, or teraflops."

www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9754192/ps5-leak-graphics-gpu-teraflops-specs-sony/amp/

Or this one from April 2019, which correctly had the tflops of both anaconda and Lockhart and it also says the PS5 will be weaker than the Xbox.
www.tweaktown.com/news/65642/next-gen-xbox-even-more-powerful-ps5/amp.html

There is other ones as well which show a weaker PS5 GPU.

So there's no real deffinate stats with which to call it just yet.

Neofire

Hold up the fanboy is calling out someone else of being a fanboy? The irony 😂

Everyone on the fourm, Twitter etc knows you are a fanboy so pipe down with the name calling, especially using that word. The hypocrisy is too much.

Ar¢tos

I doubt any amount of useful information will go in there (like pastebin), unless mods are willing to vet who and what is posted in there.
If you are thinking about hardware only, yes. But regarding games we might get something new (or old but unknown).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom