• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shio

onyMRE7.jpg

Can't believe he's making up this stuff, but I can't deny this is funny as fuck, lol.

Sooo he says to wait till 2021 for the dev tools to get up to date, but that doesn't mean that the games will be ready then as it will further take time to then use these tools to make the games, soooo the actual games which will take advantage of these new tools will be ready to play even further into the future like 2022?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Sooo he says to wait till 2021 for the dev tools to get up to date, but that doesn't mean that the games will be ready then as it will further take time to then use these tools to make the games, soooo the actual games which will take advantage of these new tools will be ready to play even further into the future like 2022?
IF the tools is the issue, then yeah, games are going to be like that for X amount of years. Because it's not exactly easy if there are different APIs to call, to simply rewite it. And probably Tim Sweeney is not also going to be on the edge of MS DEV Channel (basical flight ring), to implement this to UE4 or something. The question is, is it really the tools or how big of a patch it would be, because on MS platform, you basically still have that sort of CPU driver there, because of virtualization...

Digital foundry in 2013:

Ps4 and Xbox One are similar in noises, but Xbox One gets hotter:

Damn so they were Sony shills? Back then I have only PS4 and that was really loud out of the box, like well all of them. OG XB1 is probably the most silent console in previous gen. No that powerful, but we know that : D

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
You have it already then. I'm getting it tomorrow or Sunday. :lollipop_anguish:
Yes, I made some claims to Sony and it came to me yesterday. In principle they were going to send it to me later but I told them it was unacceptable. Now I have everything for personal enjoyment ... of my son. I have to keep working this weekend.

The truth is that after "work" I don't feel like playing. But I have to admit that the remake of Demon's Souls has made me excited again as an 8-year-old child (nostalgia).

Enjoy this start / transition until 2022. From then on it will be majestic.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes, I made some claims to Sony and it came to me yesterday. In principle they were going to send it to me later but I told them it was unacceptable. Now I have everything for personal enjoyment ... of my son. I have to keep working this weekend.

The truth is that after "work" I don't feel like playing. But I have to admit that the remake of Demon's Souls has made me excited again as an 8-year-old child (nostalgia).

Enjoy this start / transition until 2022. From then on it will be majestic.

Man, you and Jim Ryan before you make me wanna skip to 2022. Then again there are massive games coming out from Sony in the meantime!

cosmicom

Banned
IF the tools is the issue, then yeah, games are going to be like that for X amount of years. Because it's not exactly easy if there are different APIs to call, to simply rewite it. And probably Tim Sweeney is not also going to be on the edge of MS DEV Channel (basical flight ring), to implement this to UE4 or something. The question is, is it really the tools or how big of a patch it would be, because on MS platform, you basically still have that sort of CPU driver there, because of virtualization...

Damn so they were Sony shills? Back then I have only PS4 and that was really loud out of the box, like well all of them. OG XB1 is probably the most silent console in previous gen. No that powerful, but we know that : D

... And then Xbox One had the exclusives (Ryse and Forza was a colossal jump in generations)... but then it didn´t matter. And so on. They are members of sony´s army.

M1chl

... And then Xbox One had the exclusives (Ryse and Forza was a colossal jump in generations)... but then it didn´t matter. And so on. They are members of sony´s army.
I am not much into drama honestly, it did not mattter for me back then, I went for PS4 back then and then I Jump back in for F. Horizon 2

user1337

Just an update on noise from my Digital version (kept horizontally in a cabinet that has some sound resonating porperties :messenger_grinning_sweat:) and I sit about 8 feet away from it:

Coil Whine: Luckily I don't hear it? Maybe I'm just getting older and certain frequencies can't be heard by me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fan noise: When not in game, completely inaudible. In heavy game (where the PS4 would literally shout at me) I hear a very low fan spinning sound that mostly blends into my rooms ambient sound. Not 100% silent, but definitely not bothersome at all. To be fair I only hear it because I am trying to hear it. Played some demons souls and the low fan noise was not even registered by my brain.

All in all, super happy with it.

The real test will be 1-2 years from now when enough dust has collected within the system. Obviously I intend to clean it , but still.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
IF the tools is the issue, then yeah, games are going to be like that for X amount of years.
It's very convenient to blame tools and history repeats itself, the same happened in 2013 where DirextX 11 was blamed and DirectX 12 would make up for the power difference. I'm sure the tools will improve (on both consoles!), but expecting a massive performance increase is just naive and grasping at straws.

But there are some Xbox fans that are so delusional (misterxmedia with the extra GPU in the XBone power supply, hello!), they will just make up a new excuse if the new SDK doesn't fix it and this trend continues.

cosmicom

Banned
I am not much into drama honestly, it did not mattter for me back then, I went for PS4 back then and then I Jump back in for F. Horizon 2

Well, i am into the drama; as the saying; if you lie me once, it will be your fault; if you lie me another time, it will be my fault. That´s why I will never trust digital foundry again.

BGs

Industry Professional
Man, you and Jim Ryan before you make me wanna skip to 2022. Then again there are massive games coming out from Sony in the meantime!
Of course, in the meantime there will be many games like Ragnarok, HZD2, GT7, R&C, DS, etc ... Bugnax ( Mod of War Mod of War ) :messenger_blowing_kiss:

But do not think that I have a list of all the games that will come out from 2022 onwards, no, I'm not Jim :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Maybe I know two (I say "maybe" because I really don't know on what date they will be placed, although I don't think they will come out before 2022, but I do know that they are designed only for PS5 in mind) and some "technologies" that promise quite impressive results.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Of course, in the meantime there will be many games like Ragnarok, HZD2, GT7, R&C, DS, etc ... Bugnax ( Mod of War Mod of War ) :messenger_blowing_kiss:

But do not think that I have a list of all the games that will come out from 2022 onwards, no, I'm not Jim :messenger_grinning_sweat:. Maybe I know two (I say "maybe" because I really don't know on what date they will be placed, although I don't think they will come out before 2022, but I do know that they are designed only for PS5 in mind) and some "technologies" that promise quite impressive results.

tenor.gif

M1chl

It's very convenient to blame tools and history repeats itself, the same happened in 2013 where DirextX 11 was blamed and DirectX 12 would make up for the power difference. I'm sure the tools will improve (on both consoles!), but expecting a massive performance increase is just naive and grasping at straws.

But there are some Xbox fans that are so delusional (misterxmedia with the extra GPU in the XBone power supply, hello!), they will just make up a new excuse if the new SDK doesn't fix it and this trend continues.
Well, back then I don't remember I had PS4 and I don't know, my position from this was dire experience of development toolkit back few years, which wasn't for games specifically (simply that whole UWP stuff) and how ridiculously broken it was. I also stated that for me, blaming on tools it's a big IF. So this is speculation thread right? And well I don't see this being some damage control. Because as I've stated if tools are to blame A) What the fuck are they doing over there and B) if it's some low level shit, we could see games running somewhat better 4 years from now. So no, not good either way.

sircaw

Banned
Today is the day of the reconciliation, where we all come back as one. With four 4 pages to go, until this great thread reaches it's 4k mark, join me brothers and sisters on both sides of the aisle in bringing back inner peace to the community.

Let the healing begin process begin.

Join me fellow xbots and Sony ponies.

Let us embrace, let us feel, let us heal. :messenger_heart:

Let us flow through each other.

Harmony and love for all.

Last edited:

Rudius

I just want to know when the new PSVR comes out "lollipop_disappointed:

farmerboy

Today is the day of the reconciliation, where we all come back as one. With four 4 pages to go, until this great thread reaches it's 4k mark, join me brothers and sisters on both sides of the aisle in bringing back inner peace to the community.

No

M1chl

Recommending this also. I would probably even buy Valhalla with this OST.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
But you still dont give us any clues. Is it a new engine a bit like UE5 or some other optimisation which will be shared with sony first party ?

You tease

Agreed, I think Naughty Dog (+other first party studios) played a role just as Epic did in influencing the PS5 hardware and feature set. We already know Mark Cerny has a very close relationship with ND. I'm guessing they have their own UE5 like tech as well other stuff which could be more interesting and more tailored for the PS5 features like the Geometry Engine.

Jemm

Rea

This is a great video covering the increase in overall amount of texture details in the spider man remaster, is insane. I love new facials animation in this game and miles morales, Insomniac really improve hair rendering and facial animation, also skin shader. With PS5 and Sony's studios, CGI level characters model within the game is no longer impossible. 💪💪

Pantz

A lot of it lines up with some stuff I noticed pre-launch.

PS5 gameplay shown first and XSX gameplay not shown until close to launch. Made me think the devs really were working right up to the wire to make some kind of finished product and didn't have time for previews. More so for XSX but for both consoles really, it's easy to see with all the games that got delayed. If devs had an even shorter window to work on XSX, that would have really been a struggle.

Just my non-technical speculation. Seems like both consoles released with some features not ready and both may have room to grow through firmware updates.

3liteDragon

TOOLS TOOLS TOOLS !!!! It's all i've been hearing for the past few days now. TOOLS TOOLS TOOLS !!! Fuck the tools. It's not the tools. This tools shit has already been debunked by a developer on Reeee.

Uncle Phil and his PR team have been purposely shouting this shit from the rooftops for months while Sony was busy in the background getting their shit ready for launch. You nary heard a word from PlayStation leading up to the launch, meanwhile Phil is wiggling his ass all over in interviews left and right. Shoulda concentrated on getting his developers and their shit together to get Craig out the door in an acceptable state.

There's are a few fuckheads on social media claiming there will be a 30 - 40% improvement over PS5 when the Series X tools are updated. Rubbish. Next you're going to hear Xbox have not enabled some RDNA2 features. Horseshit.

Spencer needs to go and take that tub of lard Greenberg with him and Xbox zealots need to STFU and enjoy the crow. I'm happy to keep up the supply of servings.

Fucking TOOLS my ass
JZ2q3ap.jpg

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

I vow to watch videos before commenting on them, in your name.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like Bluepoint Games are working on MGS1 remake for PS5!😯

Nqa0tXj.jpg
RGT leaked this a month or two ago, as did a few others and I'm pretty sure MLiD got it from him (as much as he likes to deny it).

Although RGT didn't mention who was developing it because he "could've got his sources in a lot of trouble". He did mention a few interesting details, that it's also coming to PC and that it'll "blow minds once we see it".

EDIT: he also mentioned that Bloodborne is getting a remaster for the PS5

Timestampped link

Last edited by a moderator:

MistBreeze

Jim Ryan did an interview with Arabian site '' true gaming ''

he spoke about a lot of stuff around support for middle east and stuff... but they ask him about playstation exclusives coming to PC

and he answered: we will do games on pc in this age of high costing production and blockbusters games but we will do it in a manner that

does not piss off our playstation fans as they are the most important for us

good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom