• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankWza

Based on the reports, I think 3d audio really required a premium headset to shine. I think the key is sound separation. Unfortunately, I don’t have an open back. So I wonder if sound stage also has an impact.

I wouldn’t classify the 3d as closed sounding or as having a small soundstage. At least for me they weren’t but they didn’t fit me well so it may be closed and more sealed to someone else. To me though, the X2hr sound much better and are open but also far from premium. The 3dcan sound like a $50-$80 headphone, plus it has every feature for PS5 native and on board for $100. Hard to beat thevalue depending on what else you have to compare it to. Ease of use and convenience is unparalleled at this time.

Riky

$MSFT
Well it's certainly odd that those scenes are ones where the player has no control. I wonder if it's a loading issue, using those scenes as a brief load screen and something's not quite optimised for the PS5 IO.

You have control over the car and plane scene and the building scene, they aren't cut scenes.

On Demand

Banned

Ha. Just speculating. Wouldn’t be surprised. Sony is close with WB and has marketing deals with all of their upcoming games.

I hope not, their next games look like gaas trash

They do. Disappointed with the way Gotham Nights and Suicide Squad games looks. Harry Potter is the only game that looks good and even that might be online-esk gaas type.

Still they are a large company with multiple studios and they’ll return the Batman games to form eventually.

Stores seriously need to open and start selling PS5’s in person. If we can still shop in grocery stores, big box stores, in this so called pandemic, there’s no reason PS5 can’t be on store shelves.
Well, it's not like there are any consoles available anywhere in the world anyway..? 😕

What all these comparisons show is exactly what Matt said over at Era (and as usual he's on point) - both consoles are really close in power, the closest two consoles of the same generation have ever been. And that is great for the players.

It really is. It means that gamers can simply buy the box that has the games they like and not have to worry about FOMO...

Well... unless you pick up an XSS :messenger_crying:

I wouldn’t classify the 3d as closed sounding or as having a small soundstage. At least for me they weren’t but they didn’t fit me well so it may be closed and more sealed to someone else. To me though, the X2hr sound much better and are open but also far from premium. The 3dcan sound like a $50-$80 headphone, plus it has every feature for PS5 native and on board for $100. Hard to beat thevalue depending on what else you have to compare it to. Ease of use and convenience is unparalleled at this time.

if x2hr sounds much better, then the sound stage is a factor. i don't like using open back... the sound leakage is too much. i'd rather use my pair of speakers. lol

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I mentioned them because their system software doesn't seem to be fully baked. There's no need to be so sensitive about it. Features that were present on PS4 are missing and other features that HDMI 2.1 makes possible aren't there and are coming in a future patch. The "it'll be patched soon" thing comes up so often it has become a meme.

Sony's launch lineup isn't universally appealing, but at least they have one.

Microsoft is also doing great. It's not like their hardware is sitting on shelves collecting dust.

This happens with literally every console launch with every company. Software at the OS level will always come in hot. If they had pushed back the release of the PS5 until next Spring, they would have just added more stuff to the plate for launch and had other stuff missing.

MistBreeze

Is it with Miles Morales on? Have you made sure your rest mode parameters allow for controllers charge? It's charging just fine for me
no it is rest mode without anything on... and yes the parameters allow for charge but not working unless the system is on or I must use the back usb to allow me to charge in rest mode

MistBreeze

OMG i had this, ended up just plugging the USB into my Series X and charge it that way
it apparently a bug cause the usb in the front of the console is not faulty cause it allow me to charge without a problem as long the system is on... but not in rest mode
hope sony fix it

Imtjnotu

no it is rest mode without anything on... and yes the parameters allow for charge but not working unless the system is on or I must use the back usb to allow me to charge in rest mode
Rest mode on the front USB-A works fine for me when charging. Are you using the type c or the type a connector?

You can set the duration that the USB will charge. I have mine set to 3 hours so after 3 hours it turns off the charging USB port

Last edited:

Mr Moose

EnmQuJ7WMAEY0b0

Love this game, new game+ing it for the extra shit.

mckmas8808

Ps5 and Ps5 PotoPro2 in home

rTBPsEP.jpg

Great job mate. But can you cover up those wires? God lord lol. Everything else looks perfect!

Stores seriously need to open and start selling PS5’s in person. If we can still shop in grocery stores, big box stores, in this so called pandemic, there’s no reason PS5 can’t be on store shelves.

100% agree! It's stupid to have stores like Walmart open to sell food and clothes, but be against buying a new console in person. Where's the science to show buying a new console at launch gives you a greater chance to get the Coronovirus than buying a T-Shirt in Target?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Given the ongoing hardware/software issues, I simply cannot imagine PS5 being released back in November 2019... They can't even make enough units a whole year later, so how many unite they were suppose to realease in 2019, 3? 5?

RDNA2 was not even up for prime-time fabbing back then. Everything beyond that with "tools and SDKs" are all BS. Maybe they wanted a system out in 2019 (internal noise), but the silicon just wasn't there yet, and internal roadmaps shifted. This impacted BOTH consoles and desktop parts.

THEAP99

Banned
Another game supporting dualsense

Thanks to the DualSense controller’s adaptive triggers, squeezing the R2 trigger emulates the resistance of an actual trigger, offering a unique feel for each weapon category and shooting gadget. For example, adaptive trigger resistance is light and quick for pistols, and heavier for bigger, powerful weapons like light machine guns. Players will also be able to feel the difference between single fire and full-automatic for full immersion.

In addition, thanks to the haptic feedback players will sense impact like never before. Dynamic and immersive, haptic feedback reacts with the environment. Weapons, explosions, gadgets and so on will provide feedback directly in the player’s hands.

ethomaz

Banned
Most competitive player will turn triggers off immediately. In games like this where reaction is crucial it's gonna be a disadvantage, unfortunately. It's still cool in single player games like recent CoD.
Competitive tournaments probably runs on PS5 and they can't turn Dual Sense features off if it is the default on.
And if everything is fair the matchmaking won't allow you to play against Dual Sense with the feature turned on if you turn it off.

The same about 120Hz... you can only play against players with 120Hz.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned
Most competitive player will turn triggers off immediately. In games like this where reaction is crucial it's gonna be a disadvantage, unfortunately. It's still cool in single player games like recent CoD.

Actually this a case where the opposite is true.

I strongly suggest that more people use these adaptive triggers in multiplayer games. You will gain a huge advantage, when you can feel that trigger.

Go for the kill and dominant the game.

Can't wait to play against you guys.

edit: /s

Last edited:

dimaveshkin

Competitive tournaments probably runs on PS5 and they can't turn Dual Sense features off if it is the default on.
And if everything is fair the matchmaking won't allow you to play against Dual Sense with the feature turned on if you turn it off.
99% of players compete at their sofas/chairs at home, where they can tweak their controller as they like.

ethomaz

Banned
99% of players compete at their sofas/chairs at home, where they can tweak their controller as they like.
There are not competitive players lol
These are casuals players.

Tournaments doesn't allow you to tweak the game... everybody plays in the same conditions.
And matchmaking has filters to separate the pools... unless there is some matchmaking bug like in CoD that allowed Controller players to play against KB players lol

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned

I strongly suggest that more people use these adaptive triggers in multiplayer games. You will gain a huge advantage, when you can feel that trigger.

I was trying it out on black ops and I was just doing as good as I did with them off. I think triggers are good to have on but maybe make the haptic vibration weaker ?

I was in a CoD Cold War menu when all of the sudden, my PS5 froze and rebooted. I was like, great.. here we go....

Turns out that XSX players and PS5 players (based on comments) are experiencing this when in CoD, even just at menus. Thanks Treyarch!

Edit: Still, if it's triggered this easily.. not good overall at all!

What a bugged mess this game is.

dimaveshkin

My point is that it adds additional step between your brain reacting and bullet being fired further translating into additional ms lost on you reaction time. Also it may build up fatigue after long sessions. It's definitely harder to pull the trigger when it resists.

Can you elaborate on how will it give you an advantage?

Kerlurk

Banned
My point is that it adds additional step between your brain reacting and bullet being fired further translating into additional ms lost on you reaction time. Also it may build up fatigue after long sessions. It's definitely harder to pull the trigger when it resists.

Can you elaborate on how will it give you an advantage?

My post was sarcasm.

I fully intend to have them OFF!

I need all the advantage I can get.

Last edited:

dimaveshkin

There are not competitive players lol
These are casuals players.

Tournaments doesn't allow you to tweak the game... everybody plays in the same conditions.
And matchmaking has filters to separate the pools... unless there is some matchmaking bug like in CoD that allowed Controller players to play against KB players lol
Welp, you can play ranked at home on higher levels with pre-build squad. And it's definitely not as casual as playing with random teammates in non-ranked modes. I find it pretty competitive.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
100% agree! It's stupid to have stores like Walmart open to sell food and clothes, but be against buying a new console in person. Where's the science to show buying a new console at launch gives you a greater chance to get the Coronovirus than buying a T-Shirt in Target?

People need food to live; it's about what is a necessity and what isn't.

Neo Blaster

update:

everything with ps5 has been great

but one problem

I have the bug that prevent the controller from charging during rest mode
it charges while the system is on ... but not charging during rest mode

the only solutions was to use the back usb on the console

hope sony fixes it as the back ones are inconvenient for playing while charging
You can charge it during rest mode using the USB-C port too, that's what I've been doing since I've got the console.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Walmart sells more things than food. Not sure if you live in America or not though.
I do. They are purposefully not releasing "hot Christmas items" in stores to limit the amount of people going into those stores because of the pandemic.

While there's nothing stopping anyone from going into a Walmart and buying a Blu-Ray right now, the actual REASON they are open is primarily to sell food. So stuff like game consoles are online only; companies like Sony probably requested as much.. they don't want their name associated with images of crowds rushing into stores or anything like that right now.

mckmas8808

I do. They are purposefully not releasing "hot Christmas items" in stores to limit the amount of people going into those stores because of the pandemic.

While there's nothing stopping anyone from going into a Walmart and buying a Blu-Ray right now, the actual REASON they are open is primarily to sell food. So stuff like game consoles are online only; companies like Sony probably requested as much.. they don't want their name associated with images of crowds rushing into stores or anything like that right now.

This isn't true. And if you live in America like you say, you'd know this isn't true. Sony is just using excuses because they don't have enough supply to cover demand. What other companies are with holding supply to stop the spread of Covid-19 like this?

IntentionalPun

This isn't true. And if you live in America like you say, you'd know this isn't true. Sony is just using excuses because they don't have enough supply to cover demand. What other companies are with holding supply to stop the spread of Covid-19 like this?
It is absolutely true; in fact there are states where they wouldn't be allowed to be open if they didn't sell food.

I'm talking about during the pandemic / lockdowns.

And nobody is withholding supply.. what are you even talking about?

mckmas8808

It is absolutely true; in fact there are states where they wouldn't be allowed to be open if they didn't sell food.

I'm talking about during the pandemic / lockdowns.

And nobody is withholding supply.. what are you even talking about?

In America, we don't have a national strategy for the pandemic. Until the last week or so, almost all businesses in every state have been open to the general public for months now. So what are you talking about? Plus, what company that sells goods in physical stores are holding back supply to retailers so that they can't be picked up physically?

This game looks very compromised compared to earlier demos, there is almost zero traffic and pedestrians in this footage. Maybe the PC version will give the options to turn all that stuff up to max, but right now this looks like another massive downgrade.
This is the first time you're looking at PlayStation footage and it's only the second time they released a console footage (Xbox gameplay was revealed few days ago). All other material was always on PC. That's why.

IntentionalPun

In America, we don't have a national strategy for the pandemic. Until the last week or so, almost all businesses in every state have been open to the general public for months now. So what are you talking about? Plus, what company that sells goods in physical stores are holding back supply to retailers so that they can't be picked up physically?

I'm well aware we don't have a national strategy... maybe "primarily open to sell food" is an exaggeration... but that is precisely what is true in any state with any sort of lockdown... and those rules are easily explained (it's not safer to buy food, it's just necessary to buy food, it's not necessary to buy electronics.)

Sony requested no in-store purchases because they don't want to be associated with people going out in public to stores... they literally have zero reason otherwise to limit that.. everyone involved would love it if people could line up / camp / everything else related to a big console launch. Sony doesn't want that associated with their brand right now, and either does MIcrosoft... the end. They are the 2 companies I know of.. but companies like Apple are also keeping their own stores closed, despite the fact they could be open in lots of places... during a huge product launch no less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom