• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranXico

We at Microsoft believe in freedom of choice

The freedom to choose our platform or the freedom to fuck off
Dude, you are TERRIBLE at PR.

Too fucking honest. Also, you are saying that they are as bad as Sony or Nintendo, nobody wants to believe that.

People, especially fanatics, want to believe that one of largest corporations in the world, and one with the infamous history and track record they have, are actually righteous and concerned with our well being. Of all of us.

Last edited:
Dude, you are TERRIBLE at PR.

Too fucking honest. Also, you are saying that they are as bad as Sony or Nintendo, nobody wants to believe that.

People, especially fanatics, want to believe that one of largest corporations in the world, and one with the infamous history and track record they have, are actually righteous and concerned with our well being. Of all of us.

I'm a gaymer

Integrity is my middle name

demigod

The Zenimax deal doesn't affect most people nearly as bad as some want it to.

I lose nothing but future iterations of DOOM. To many games on the market to be upset over losing one.

It's just not a big deal to everyone.

For me it’s just the mikami games. Not sure how many he has left after ghostwire anyway
Only games i bought this gen from them is the VR game and The Evil Within 1/2 so not a loss to me. If they make 3 i’ll just get it on PC like i did for 1 and 2.

I'm a gaymer

Integrity is my middle name

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

FranXico FranXico I mean he does own both systems.

:messenger_winking_tongue:

FrankWza

Only games i bought this gen from them is the VR game and The Evil Within 1/2 so not a loss to me. If they make 3 i’ll just get it on PC like i did for 1 and 2.
I could see ew3 being a multiplat anyway if they ever did make . It’s not a system seller and I don’t believe the first 2 sold enough to be kept exclusive anyway. If Ghostwire does well a sequel could end up multiplat as well since most of its sales will be on PS5

Loope

Ok but your point is ? this people who only play in PC they will have same quantity of games from Bethesda doesn't matter what.

For the PC fanatic master race I will not take in account because is probably of worst kind of fanboys.

I was talking about, in the end this purchase ends will result less title in another platforms.
My point is that you still have an option other than the MS consoles, when with other competitors you don't,hence why someone that plays on pc won't care about the deal.With Sony or Nintendo you leave out 3 platforms minimum. Simple as that. I disagree with being the worst kid of fanboys (that would be Sony fanboys) and the PCMR is cringe as fuck, i don't really care about the opinion of someone that uses it unironically.

ksdixon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what happened to that PS5 tech about creating slices of gameplay, or challenges for your friends? I was envisioning player curated "play-lists", like boss rush challenge at the time.

I was just thinking how I'd like to save-state my game at any point in time and sort-of set myself up little "BATMAN Arkham Asylum Predator Challenge Rooms" for all of of the major story encounters.

Last edited:
My point is that you still have an option other than the MS consoles, when with other competitors you don't,hence why someone that plays on pc won't care about the deal.With Sony or Nintendo you leave out 3 platforms minimum. Simple as that. I disagree with being the worst kid of fanboys (that would be Sony fanboys) and the PCMR is cringe as fuck, i don't really care about the opinion of someone that uses it unironically.
You don't get it right, before Bethesda release all its AA/AAA games in 4 platforms now in 2, is basic math I am not saying will be better if
Sony or Nintendo acquired that publisher I never said that.

We are agree anyone who call herself/himself PC master race has a serious problem.

Regarding my opinion of which fanboys are worst is basically for this reason the console fanboys use game exclusives as which is better
in other hand the PC fanboys will start yeah but the frames and the resolution in a way the console fanboys cannot imagine.

I read people in PC forum complaining if a game doesn't reach 144 HZ is not good enough or think all the PC gamers has the last GPU and
for this reason all the games should use the last technology, just be clear I am talking about fanboys not regular PC gamers.

They basically have civil wars because exists more stores aside of Steam, this is ridiculous on a totally different level.

Last edited:
Elder Scrolls IV was released on PS3.
Elder Scrolls V was released on PS3 and PS4.

So, according to you Elder Scrolls VI is coming to PS5?
Morrowind hit Xbox and not PlayStation. Not every Bethesda game is on PlayStation. Not every Elderscrolls game is on PlayStation. Final Fantasy 7 classic is on Xbox yet FF7 R is not. Not every game is guaranteed. We'll have to see when the platforms are announced.

Yes or no

MS isn't reducing freedom of choice by not putting Starfield on PS
I'll answer your question when you answer mine. Can you name a single announced PlayStation game canceled by MS? I can name games that are still coming out. I can name games that will continue to be supported. Name the canceled titles.

FranXico

Not every Elderscrolls game is on PlayStation. Final Fantasy 7 classic is on Xbox yet FF7 R is not. Not every game is guaranteed. We'll have to see when the platforms are announced.
Every Elder Scrolls game starting with Oblivion was in PlayStation. Xbox didn't have Arena or Daggerfall either. The natural expectation was that VI would also release there. Before the buyout, that was guaranteed.
Now, that expectation will not be met anymore.
The choice to play Elder Scrolls VI on Playstation has been taken away from consumers.

I'm not saying Sony is any better than Microsoft in this regard.
But I'm saying that Microsoft clearly isn't any better than Sony despite all the rhetoric.

Last edited:
I'll answer your question when you answer mine. Can you name a single announced PlayStation game canceled by MS? I can name games that are still coming out. I can name games that will continue to be supported. Name the canceled titles.

Lmao I don't need to answer that when I was never propsoing that in the first place

I think you're smart enough to understand your own contradictions here so don't worry i'll let you off so you can stop dodging now

Last edited:

VCL

The only resolution found on PS5 was 2560x1440. Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 2304x1296 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2080x1170. Native resolution pixel counts at 2080x1170 seem to be common on Xbox Series S. On Xbox Series S a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3200x1800. Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3200x1800 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2560x1440. Native resolution pixel counts at or near 3200x1800 seem to be common on Xbox Series X. On Xbox Series X a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3200x1800 when rendering natively below this resolution.

Neo Blaster

The virgin Sony Tuesday:
-PC Ports
-VR delayed to 2022
-Gran Turismo Delayed
-Close Japan Studios

The Chad Microsoft Tueday:
-Close the Deal on Zenimax Acquisition
-"Some" aka crumbs for playstation
-Tease new Announcements for unannounced games.
-Phils Desk with teases and hints for the future.
Slimy, is that you?

Lysandros

The only resolution found on PS5 was 2560x1440. Xbox Series S uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being approximately 2304x1296 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2080x1170. Native resolution pixel counts at 2080x1170 seem to be common on Xbox Series S. On Xbox Series S a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3200x1800. Xbox Series X uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3200x1800 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2560x1440. Native resolution pixel counts at or near 3200x1800 seem to be common on Xbox Series X. On Xbox Series X a form of temporal reconstruction is used to increase the resolution up to 3200x1800 when rendering natively below this resolution.

Just another lazy FPS unlock patch for PS5 using PS4 PRO base, nothing new.

qmqPZKh.jpg

PS5 has better texture streaming. Some pop-in on Xbox Series versions.
The average FPS in Xbox Series S is disappointing, 48fps against 59.89 on Xbox Series X and 59.96 on PS5.
The PS5 resolution for me sounds a bit disappointing too. Xbox Series X has counts near to 1800p in many times.

EDIT: PS5 and Xbox Series X are at the same PS4 Pro and Xbox One X resolutions. Could be BC 60fps enhanced only.

Last edited:
Every Elder Scrolls game starting with Oblivion was in PlayStation. Xbox didn't have Arena or Daggerfall either. The natural expectation was that VI would also release there. Before the buyout, that was guaranteed.
Now, that expectation will not be met anymore.
The choice to play Elder Scrolls VI on Playstation has been taken away from consumers.

I'm not saying Sony is any better than Microsoft in this regard.
But I'm saying that Microsoft clearly isn't any better than Sony despite all the rhetoric.
I disagree because with MS there is no guarantee that properties they own will not be on other platforms. People here bring up Minecraft all the time. Games like Ori found homes on non-Xbox platforms. They are the ONLY platform holder that does PC releases day and date. Sony nor Nintendo do these things at all.

The fact remains that no one can show any canceled titles for PlayStation as a result of this acquisition. The announced PS5 games will come out. MS did not have to do this but they did. This action had nothing to do with hurting Sony and everything to do with expanding the Xbox brand. This is not about feeding the hungry or being benevolent this is about reach and MS is doing more to reach more people. You don't even need an Xbox! Good luck playing PS5 or Switch games without their box.

Lmao I don't need to answer that when I was never propsoing that in the first place

I think you're smart enough to understand your own contradictions here so don't worry i'll let you off so you can stop dodging now
My premise was that MS didn't take anything from Sony. That was my point from the very beginning. PS5 announced titles will be released and any game MS makes does not require an Xbox. That's a good thing and my opinion hasn't changed. I never contradicted my point.

Riky

$MSFT

Yet again, just better.

Lysandros

If this is true then people should get a refund. On the ps store on ps5 it’s advertising as a new version with 4K and 60fps.
Is the game any good as a souls clone?
If it's advertised as such then i agree, this is misleading and justifies a refund. No idea on the game's quality sadly, never played it.

:
There claims of better textures etc. something fishy going on.
Speaking of mortal shell.
Here's another games showing texture streaming issues on series x. And I've always said microsoft are lying to consumers the ssd and io on series x isn't anything near to what ps5 is doing

Ps5:
9mtuMbe.jpg

Series x:
UnSngih.jpg

This is the popin on Xbox I've been talking about and no velocity architecture or sampler feedback streaming is going to fix this. 🤣🤣🤣 cest la vie.

Last edited:

mejin

:

Here's another games showing texture streaming issues on series x. And I've always said microsoft are lying to consumers the ssd and io on series x isn't anything near to what ps5 is doing

Ps5:
9mtuMbe.jpg

Series x:
UnSngih.jpg

This is the popin on Xbox I've been talking about and no velocity architecture or sampler feedback streaming is going to fix this. 🤣🤣🤣 cest la vie.

cd7.gif

PSX

:

Ps5:
9mtuMbe.jpg

Series x:
UnSngih.jpg

Bring 'em some tools will ya!? 🤡

Leonardo-DiCaprio-laughing-meme-template-of-Django-Unchained.jpg

DaGwaphics

I'm starting to not like what some of the devs are doing with the XSS. Why you target 45fps?

Turn things down a bit more and try for 60 or turn things up and stick with 30. 🤪

Zoro7

Banned
The lazy port from the Mortal shell devs, for PS5 and Series S is disgusting. They shouldn't call it enhanced version, should just update in the patch note like Jedi fallen order or any other games, then patch PS4 version with unlocked framerate for PS5.
No one even played this game but suddenly everyone will mentioned it. Some way of justifying their purchase.
I wonder if it’s on gamepass?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
:

Ps5:
9mtuMbe.jpg

Series x:
UnSngih.jpg

Omg, I hope this is a bug.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom