• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foilz

Banned
In this early stage of this gen I don't see where ps5 has any advantage game wise. I will say the only advantage ps5 has in the controller and it's not because of those annoying adaptive triggers but in the plastic used to make the dual sense. I 100% prefer the xbox controller but I feel like I'm holding a fisher price toy. The plastic is cheap, the road is too clucky, the sticks feel loose

Nowcry

¿Qué tiene de extraño? Está comparando las cifras de ventas actuales con las ventas de por vida para esas otras plataformas en el Reino Unido y nada que la PS5 las haya superado.
The other day in Spain the sales figures for consoles came out.

And the PS5 vs XBX + XBS ratio is 10: 1 in favor of PS5. Nothing new in Spain but it is clear that people at least here continue to prefer exclusive games and PS + than by GamePass.

I think in the rest of the world there is a 2: 1 ratio in favor of PS5 possibly due to lack of Stock. I think price and games are still the determining factor in choosing one or the other and not the savings that GamePass can bring.

It should also be noted that the PS5 can be $ 100 cheaper and offers the same or better experience. That is also important.

Neo Blaster

Yep.

I've seen a number of people now post about the 'bad news' surrounding PlayStation these days but can anyone please fill me in what bad news everyone is going on about?

PlayStation (as far as I know) has been radio silent these past few months apart from a sneaky VR reveal. That's about the only thing of significance that's been showed off so far. Otherwise there is fucking nothing. So what is all this bad press people keep talking about?

Why is there a Jim Ryan thread everyday? Xbox makes a move on something = Jim Ryan is a hack. WTF is going on in this forum?
Oh, you know, just the regular 'Sony is doomed' narrative when they don't feel like talking while MS is bragging any little tidbit to the winds. It's 2020 all over again. But I have to admit all those legacy games just disappearing for anyone who hasn't bought them is sad.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

odSDbZ5.jpg

Well that puts an end to it....or does it 😛 yeah, yeah it does. 👍😛
So, Kojima is the new Sega meme now?

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

FORZA MOTORSPORTS 8 WILL FEATURE A BETA TEST SOON – LEARN HOW TO APPLY

Our development approach this time around is unlike anything we’ve done before. Especially when it comes to developing the game with you, our players, and our community. […] We started this work by asking you to sign up for our Forza Panel, where many of you have already been able to participate in several discussions and surveys. In addition to [this Forza Panel], we actually have been running weekly playtests within our Xbox Game Studios and getting a lot of data and feedback on how the game’s progressing and how to really fine tune our details and get the racing right for everyone.
The new news is today we will soon be able to share to our people in our Forza Panel, they will actually be able to get their hands on a part of our new Forza Motorsportgame. […] The only way to get your hands on this part of the new Forza Motorsporttitle is to be part of that panel. We’re going to continue to plan this type of testing as we go in the months ahead and get more and get more and more people from the community in and enjoying this experience. So, once again, get in on those Forza Panels.

Rudius

Out of curiosity and asking from ignorance:

If you were planning on gaming at 1080p for the forseeable future, is there any real advantage to Xbox Series X, aside from HDD space and the disc drive?

The reason I ask is, based on my simplistic understanding, 4k has around four times the pixels of 1080p, but Series X is only 3x more powerful than Series S in terms of TFLOPS (and a slightly better cpu). Therefore, shouldn't Series S at least match Series X performance so long as it sticks to 1080p?
There are advantages, because the Series S is not always the same as X only at low resolution. Some games are limited to 30fps on it, some lack the option of 120 and some lack raytracing. Also, some games run at less than 1080p on Series S.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
that is a very exclusive opinion on what is the best controller feature of the last 10 years
Don't even bother, it's just the usual Xbox fan neo account that pops up some times.

Having had so many surgeries on my wrist I hate the triggers in shooter games.

I like feedback but do not like making a trigger harder to press to make it feel like a real trigger.

They are 100% turned off for me in most games just saying some people feel this way and are not trolls.

Your spot on, it’s got the point now where it’s becoming a bit transparent.

I have seen loads of comments and articles claiming XSX to be the best console ever and people are claiming their PS5 goes unused.

I gave in and got myself a SX and I have to say the form factor is nice and GP is also nice but it also devalues games somewhat.

The console itself has no main marquee game so it’s just a case of having lots of third party support which is nice but I haven’t seen enough of a power advantage over PS5 or any functional advantages at all.

The only real positive over PS5 is GP, whereas there are many more for PS5 such as even at this early stage more and better games. The UI is infinitely better and the controller is in a different league.

Why doesn’t anyone mention that GP games expire unlike PS plus or that games with gold is a joke compared.

Seems the DualSense is spoken as if it’s a gimmick but in reality it’s a game changer and is incredibly immersive to the point it makes you want to play on PS5. Small things as well like the controller speaker are novel and add to the experience. Activities are a must have also there’s nothing like that on Xbox.

Most of the arguments for Xbox come down to save game transfers and old game upgrades...give me a break you don’t pay the money you do for those features that’s not what a console is all about.

the MS marketing train is in full force and I’m a sucker because I’ve fallen for it.

maybe my opinion will change when I play the medium or see something tangible from their acquisitions.

Im happy to have the option but to me you’d have to be mad to main XSX without anything next gen on the system.

@bold
It won't

reksveks

I'm speculating here bruh, that's all i can do since Jimbo was not capable to answer the question when he was asked about the plateforms of the game, as if Ragnarok is gonna be exclusive to PS5 or will it be crossgen.
Yeah, I kinda think it is cross-gen. I think Jim rather take the ps4 money especially in a world where they are supply-limited regarding ps5's.

SSfox

Yeah, I kinda think it is cross-gen. I think Jim rather take the ps4 money especially in a world where they are supply-limited regarding ps5's.
I want it to be PS5 only, i hope i'm wrong but the way Jimbo is avoiding the question really make it seems it will be crossgen. so we'll see.

I want it to be PS5 only, i hope i'm wrong but the way Jimbo is avoiding the question really make it seems it will be crossgen. so we'll see.

Well as long as it looks awesome I doubt people will care that much. But you're right that having it dedicated to the PS5 can lead to better results.

Ratchet for example is a PS5 exclusive and it will probably do some crazy things with the I/O not possible on the PS4.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I'm speculating here bruh, that's all i can do since Jimbo was not capable to answer the question when he was asked about the plateforms of the game, as if Ragnarok is gonna be exclusive to PS5 or will it be crossgen.
Yep. Jimbo was asked point blank and refused to confirm. Thats basically one of those non denial confirmations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom