• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
Modern warfare on ps4 ... “PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 960×1080 and the highest native resolution found being 1920×1080.”

“PS4 Pro uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1152×1800 and the highest native resolution found being 1920×2160. “

That’s obviously inferior ... Sony made the 4k claim for ps4 pro and the 10800 60fps claim for ps4.

Microsoft has done a much better job of achieving what they said rather than Sonys blatant lies. .. the liar here is Sony that is not in debate.

Sony has claimed 8k for ps5 ... good luck with that.
I did not talked about PS4 or Pro but let's try.

Sony is the only that said that games will be 1080p and delivered 1080p in over 90% of titles with PS4.

Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Xbox One failed to the marketing.

So how MS did a better job?

Last edited:

Banned
You don't need.

FACT there is way more sub-4k games on Xbox One X than native 4k.

I was just asking him do show to everybody how his claim was a lie.

there are also more sub 1080p games on PS4 than native 1080p games... I don't get what you want to prove with that argument???

Even if ps5 is 5-10% more powerful, people can't complain they went "underpowered"

Judging by the new SoC shot and XSX design, it's clear that MS will be breaking new boundaries in console power consumption. So if Sony goes even more ham, its just Sony going more ham, not xbox being underpowered.
Ofcourse . Does anyone suggest otherwise ? We as gamers win cause the competition is pushing both to do better

Last edited:
He knows about as much as Colbert, that's for sure.

source.gif

Kenpachii

Even if ps5 is 5-10% more powerful, people can't complain they went "underpowered"

Judging by the new SoC shot and XSX design, it's clear that MS will be breaking new boundaries in console power consumption. So if Sony goes even more ham, its just Sony going more ham, not xbox being underpowered.

Then they shouldn't focus on 4k or even 8k resolution. Anything less then top end for 4k and double top end for 8k is laughable at best and then we aint even talking about raytracing.

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
Over 90% of PS4 games are native 1080p.
There is really few exceptions.

It is the opposite of Xbox One X situation.

And the xbox one x plays them at 4k when they have been patched. The xbox one x is 4k to the ps4 1080p.

The x SeX will be vrs dynamic 8k 60 fps hdr just like the ps4 games are dynamic 1080p 30 sdr now.

Banned
Over 90% of PS4 games are native 1080p.
There is really few exceptions.

It is the opposite of Xbox One X situation.

show me the list then! show me a list that was checked by outlets like NX gamer or Digital Foundry that shows that.

I can't remember more than like 2 big AAA games in the last few years that was native 1080p with no reconstruction or dynamic resolution on PS4... every nx gamer, vg tech or digital Foundry video I can remember always showed dynamic resolution or reconstruction on base PS4... like 2 or 3 games didn't but most did.

MadAnon

7NP has a path to EUV via a "6nm" node called N6, production early 2020

This is an amazing source :

Yeah, I mentioned this somewhere way earlier on this thread that 7N+ seems like some kind of outlier node. It wouldn't make sense to make console chip on it, especially if you plan to shrink it later for slim versions.

Stuart360

And the xbox one x plays them at 4k when they have been patched. The xbox one x is 4k to the ps4 1080p.

The x SeX will be vrs dynamic 8k 60 fps hdr just like the ps4 games are dynamic 1080p 30 sdr now.
There will be zero 8k next gen games, outside of the odd Indie game or tech demo, not until more than 20 people have a 8k tv. Its a complete waste of resources.

Last edited:
Anyone get inbox messages from a member called Dim? He is banned by the way. Not sure whats going on.

The message:

Sorry how old are you 5?
You see a guy who send a message to somebody without reply or conversation and that prove his have connections?
I can send dick pic to Lisa Shu through instagram that no means see my gf
I cant believe you are so stupid

Dont mean to derail but its weird.

Last edited:

Stuart360

I doubt these consoles would be powerful enough to run a 360/PS3 game at 8k, so 8k probably isnt something you should be clambering to see next gen.

Last edited:

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Anyone get inbox messages from a member called Dim? He is banned by the way. Not sure whats going on.

The message:

Sorry how old are you 5?
You see a guy who send a message to somebody without reply or conversation and that prove his have connections?

He's talking about that Jay something guy who claimed to have messaged Geoff Keighley about the XSX reveal from what I understand. But yeah, weird. He's thirsty for attention I guess?

Gamernyc78

Banned

The message:

Sorry how old are you 5?

No I put his stupidity on ignore two weeks ago. His rants were frivolous and crazy.

Meanwhile at xbox HQ [shouting] : "post the scarlet die shots, get on fucking twitter and post em now, fuck sony before they get out of bed"

Dude it's a picture of a massive chip with the words "Scarlet" written on it, and you're on a next gen console thread... I'll order you another coffee, a strong one. [clue - it's the xbox one series x apu ]
Yes i appreciate the coffee but what i'm getting at is that not everyone in here has knowledge about the inner makings of a console or the nitty gritty of how these things operate so it would be helpful to add some description to an image when posting things like this. Break it down for people who don't understand.

'Here is a pic of the Xbox Series X chip etc. etc. etc'

The above could do. Because you know whats going to happen, the next few pages you going to have people like me asking WTF is that?

I was pretty clear in my question.
Well, looks like that user was not talking about native 4k and they probably responded to you thinking you were talking about what they were talking about. Miscommunication like I said. But apparently they weren't talking about native 4k and you said "do you have a list" in reference to their statement, meaning you took what they were talking about 4k and made it about native 4k.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
show me the list then! show me a list that was checked by outlets like NX gamer or Digital Foundry that shows that.

I can't remember more than like 2 big AAA games in the last few years that was native 1080p with no reconstruction or dynamic resolution on PS4... every nx gamer, vg tech or digital Foundry video I can remember always showed dynamic resolution or reconstruction on base PS4... like 2 or 3 games didn't but most did.

Let's not.

This thread is not going to turn into list wars and other console war fanatical mental soup.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, since MS first party games have to also run on that Lockheart turd, Sony first party games will have an advantage.

No, it doesn't work that way. There would have to be major generational differences between lockhart and xbox series x for such a thing to be true. They have the same capabilities. Xbox Series X is just able to do it all better. Xbox exclusives won't be held back in the slightest.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Then they shouldn't focus on 4k or even 8k resolution. Anything less then top end for 4k and double top end for 8k is laughable at best and then we aint even talking about raytracing.

It Does not matter what they focus on (I do think focusing on 8k is silly) the fact is they are making a next gen box with an impressive leap designed for gaming
Agnostic2020 Agnostic2020 Somone suggested that being convident on Xbox's power superiority could backfire, which is what I disagree with.
It would only backfire if the power differences are greater then 20%.

Banned
8k, GTFO here with that shit. No AAA title will be 8k.

why are people jumping to AAA games when someone says that thee will be 8k games?
remasters, last gen games that get patched, small indy titles, 2D games like Rayman Legends... these games can take advantage of the 8k capabilities and will look very crisp on an 8k screen.
for 4k users they will have a super smooth image due to super sampling

No lists, please. Isn't there a console war thread somewhere for people talking about two different things to slap it out?

Last edited:

Banned
Let's not.

This thread is not going to turn into list wars and other console war fanatical mental soup.

Thank you.

I didn't literally try to ask for a list, I was just trying to show how ridiculous that whole argument is. and that it is completely ridiculous if someone would start arguing that the PS4 isn't a 1080p capable system just because developers choose not to go for resolution but for other stuff like a more stable framerate or more expensive effects.

and it is ridiculous of him to demand lists from others while claiming without proof thaz 90% of ps4 games are 1080p.
the hypocrisy is stunning there...

so no lists plz, :)

Last edited:

DJ12

Are you suggesting I'm some sort of XBOX fanboy or something? Fuck right off. Check my post history. I'm happy that MS is going for power in a console. I'd be even happier if Sony go 3D stacked x2 GPU 16TF whatever....but I'm a realist. Sony have historically gone for a mid-tier GPU from the previous year.
No I'm suggesting the size of the Apu means diddly squat and diddly has already packed his bags and is leaving town.

I don't have time to check anyone's posting history to check if they are a fanboy or not it's irrelevant.

And both companies use what appears to be last year's tech and that's because consoles take longer to design than a GPU. Both Sony and Microsoft have had GPUs from AMD that have features not on any consumer card and offers at the time so saying they just use last year's mid range stuff is not factually correct.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I didn't literally try to ask for a list, I was just trying to show how ridiculous that whole argument is. and that it is completely ridiculous if someone would start arguing that the PS4 isn't a 1080p capable system just because developers choose not to go for resolution but for other stuff like a more stable framerate or more expensive effects.

and it is ridiculous of him to demand lists from others while claiming without proof thaz 90% of ps4 games are 1080p.
the hypocrisy is stunning there...

so no lists plz, :)

I can see the events unfold in real time.

Just drop the petty back and forth in this thread, there are a handful of you I am noticing a pattern with escalating through preferences. Your post was only quoted due to being the most recent one in the exchange I clicked on, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom