• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

Banned
Now let's look at sony:

Guerilla games - known to have recently expanded and to have 2 teams. Definitely working on horizon 2 and rumoured to be working on new killzone. Release unknown

Naughty dog - has 2 teams working on TLOU2 for 2020. second team unknown what they are doing.

Polyphony digital - GT sport it's an interesting one as all the assets were developed to level far higher than the ps4 could use so probably new GT title in early 2021.

Insomniac - last title spiderman next title unknown probably releasing in 2021

Sony Santa Monica- last title GoW next title rumoured to be a space game release unknown

London studio - ??

Japan studio - ??

Sucker punch - ghost 2020

Manchester studio - ??

Media molecule - dreams 2020

XDEV - ??

Sony bend - last title days gone 2019 next title unknown

San Diego studio - MLB

Pixel opus - last title concrete genie next title unknown

San Mateo studio - ??

Unknown new studio based in San Diego - rumoured to be taking the uncharted mantle

If I missed any someone do mention it, worth noting there is bluepoint(not first party but highly speculated that sony is acquiring them) unknown ps5 exclusive
London Studio is meant to be making a dark kinda gangster game, from some leak I came across. Guy Ritchie type of thing...

Infinitely deep pockets help save face. And lets be honest, Sony will rest on their Laurels and probably pull a "good enough"

Oh here we go, MS 'war chest' shit again. Playstation gets more funding, in complete contradiction to this idea, hence MS could only afford small studios that were in trouble whilst Sony went out and bought AAA Insomniac.

Looking at how large PS is for Sony's revenues, Xbox will likely never see comparable funding/investment.

Lort

Banned
Tales from ppls ass especially when ps4 aligned spanked Xbox ones ass and it wasn't close. Ps3 also had more features out the box, etc...

Wishful fan dreaming.
Ps3 was more expensive and late and less powerful .

ps4 was more powerful only through having more gpu not a better gpu .. every console generation xbox has had the better gpu capability ( if not raw performance). Its highly unlikely after playstations over hyper fp16 and hyperbole in every generation that they this gen for the first time they have a more modern functionally capable gpu. Original Xbox was better than ps2 design .. xbox 360 had integrated pixel and vertex shaders and render to texture and gpu compute.. xbox one had decompression hardware and better performance per cu than playstation .. xbox one x was better in every respect than ps4 pro ( more powerful per cu ANd more powerful overall).

Based on history there is zero chance that Cerny or Sony will deliver more advanced gpu than AMD/ Microsoft. I sure sony will deliver a good price for performance ratio though.

Niked

Lol smh I'm glad most of you aren't the head of gaming divisions. Yeah Sony has nothing to show. Even without Insomniac acquisition and paid third party exclusives what Microsoft has bought lately and brought to the table pales in comparison to what Sony has and will offer first party wise. Microsoft has been trying to play catchup.

These statements are so hyperbolic its amazing.
Its far from hyperbole, Its the way it looks that we are heading towards. I write roumor and I write that the silence from Sony better be because of some amazing news and reveals. If not, they are slacking.

ethomaz

Banned
Maybe 3 Shader Engines with a bigger front-end each?
I don't think so because 80 is not multiple of 3 that will make units not being used by the scheduler... so no balance in the processing.

Each SE and SA should have the same number of CUs to the scheduler works balanced.

It is either 4 SEs with 2 SA each or 2 SEs with 4 SA each.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Leaked...?

Or released by a smart dev team who just saw something else get leaked from them and have really bad press?

Guess we will never know! 🤣

It seems Microsoft has gotten yet another high profilen studio and mean while... What the actual fuck are Sony doing? If the silence from Sony are because they have nothing amazing to counter... Then fire Jim Ryan.
Ffs, less advance hardware (roumor), same price as MS (roumor), less exclusive(so far) , less third party deals(so far), soon less studios, less everything as of right now... February event better deliver..

The same people you think MS bought Techland are telling you that PS5 is more powerful than Xbox SX

FrozenFlame

Leaked...?

Or released by a smart dev team who just saw something else get leaked from them and have really bad press?

I doubt that a 480p video of what looks like a generic hack and slash will take any attention of... uhm... what was leaked that had bad press?

ethomaz

Banned
Leaked...?

There is no way the dev team will release a 480p low quality video.
There is no bad press from what I know.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
So what's the deal with next gen TV sets? Did anything drop at CES that would match the LG OLED? I was hoping to try out a Sony TV this time round but they didn't have a 2.1 HDMI available last year

MilkyJoe

Oh here we go, MS 'war chest' shit again. Playstation gets more funding, in complete contradiction to this idea, hence MS could only afford small studios that were in trouble whilst Sony went out and bought AAA Insomniac.

Looking at how large PS is for Sony's revenues, Xbox will likely never see comparable funding/investment.

I guarantee Xbox will be the most powerful. Sony is in a position where good enough is perfectly fine. Remember, corporations don't care about console wars, if they did Minecraft would be an exclusive.

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack , has Scalebound been mentioned at all for Series X?

kylo-ren-let-the-past-die-gif.gif

Insane Metal

Gold Member
MS is definitely KILLING it, shit just got very real. It’s safe to say MS will have quite a few new titles for Xbox fans to sink their teeth into.

edited to add
It’s 5:07am
Or is it 7:07pm
Who calls some this early that excited about game acquisitions? Fucking seriously.
So that situation you posted a few days ago actually happened (MS to accquire some really big studio that would make for a square/sony situation again this gen)

Mrdeveus

insomniac was because of Spider-Man it was a good investment for them to get a studio who just sold 10mil+ units at the time.

Tsaki

I don't think so because 80 is not multiple of 3 that will make units not being used by the scheduler... so no balance in the processing.

Each SE and SA should have the same number of CUs to the scheduler works balanced.

It is either 4 SEs with 2 SA each or 2 SEs with 4 SA each.
Yeah, admittedly I had in mind that it would be more like 84 CUs or 78CUs and not 80CUs so that they have to deactivate 3WGPs instead of 4

Nickolaidas

Godfall has great character models as well as enemies, and solid animation. Awesome lighting too. The environments really do remind you of ps3 era games, though.

Heck, that giant tree basking before the sun looks like something that came out of a ps2.

Hopefully they'll polish that stuff a bit before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom