• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Detroit on PC is not something from outer space , a 7 years old console like PS4 did run this game in a way we couldn't believe its amazing
plus PS4 Pro version its identical to PC version expect higher FPS and more accurate lighting other than that
I wont fight for this ridicules differences .. and that bring us the HZD subject who is claiming that HZD 1 " could " look better than HZD 2 on PS5 ! what is wrong with your brain dude ?? .. sorry to say that but this claim is stupid .. be reasonable even if you hate consoles still don't say something I can only see it as a stupid claim ..

PS5 and Xbox SX are way way more capable of doing more and more than this gen .. playing HZD 1 on PC wont let you ride a Stormbird or Glinthawk ! .. the only thing you get is more FPS and more accurate lighting textures and higher res .. nothing wow tbh

Please explain to me how this 4 statements from the same person can all be true at the same time:
- Both consoles are around 12 teraflops.
- Maybe both are around 9 teraflops.
- I know the specs.
- Percentage difference is around 10% in Xbox favor.

He’s said a few times now he shouldn’t have mentioned the one guy telling him single digits.

ethomaz

Banned
He’s said a few times now he shouldn’t have mentioned the one guy telling him single digits.
I appreciate his honesty in sharing all sources even the odds ones.

We actually knew devs didn’t have the same version of DevKits... some only received old versions, others old and after a new version... some just the newer version.

It is not like every insiderhave the same data.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Maybe we can just mark him as vetted. His info is good, everyone believes he has contacts with the people he's told mod of war. So I don't see the point having him as a target for all neo member Playstation fans that don't like his sources tells him Xbox is slightly better.

@Mod of War do you think this is a good idea?

Honestly thats the last thing I want.

I never really wanted to get in as deep as I have because I honestly can't enjoy just hanging out reading speculations.

I wanted to share some of what I have and as people do some have turned it or tried reading things into what I have said.

I messed up saying I was hearing conflicting numbers.

I will just hang out and wait for reveals before saying much more.

Though as of now my stance has not changed in what I have said.

Late afternoon guesses :)

VFXVeteran

Banned
Detroit on PC is not something from outer space , a 7 years old console like PS4 did run this game in a way we couldn't believe its amazing
plus PS4 Pro version its identical to PC version expect higher FPS and more accurate lighting other than that

Do you not understand that more accurate lighting and a higher resolution render target are BIG differences? That's like you saying a game at 1080p looks the same as a game at 4k. That's preposterous!

I wont fight for this ridicules differences .. and that bring us the HZD subject who is claiming that HZD 1 " could " look better than HZD 2 on PS5 ! what is wrong with your brain dude ?? .. sorry to say that but this claim is stupid .. be reasonable even if you hate consoles still don't say something I can only see it as a stupid claim ..

The fact that I had gone into detail about my statement and that it went right over your head tells me that I need to ignore this..

PS5 and Xbox SX are way way more capable of doing more and more than this gen .. playing HZD 1 on PC wont let you ride a Stormbird or Glinthawk ! .. the only thing you get is more FPS and more accurate lighting textures and higher res .. nothing wow tbh

This shows right here that you don't know anything about how a game improves over it's life cycle. Those 2 things you mentioned are the most influential things you can do to a game to make it look significantly better than the previous iterations. You guys are going off of artistic judgements instead of the tech, so I'm out of here..

VFXVeteran

Banned

I never really wanted to get in as deep as I have because I honestly can't enjoy just hanging out reading speculations.

I wanted to share some of what I have and as people do some have turned it or tried reading things into what I have said.

Same here. We can share popcorn HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

joe_zazen

Please explain to me how this 4 statements from the same person can all be true at the same time:
- Both consoles are around 12 teraflops.
- Maybe both are around 9 teraflops.
- I know the specs.
- Percentage difference is around 10% in Xbox favor.

attack Mode? Attack mode.

the answer is 2 different sources. one is more reliable, hence he believes he knows the numbers. Would he bet the farm? No. Be more charitable in youur readings. Honey files vinegar and whatnot.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

^I keep asking for specs but they won't come

So fuck it, let's all have a dance battle!!!

I'll challenge bitbydeath bitbydeath and THE:MILKMAN THE:MILKMAN :messenger_relieved:

Grab a napkin, mate.

NextMedicalHornedviper-size_restricted.gif

HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 Drunkcat said there was a delay with the ps? Idk if he was talking event, or the console? Any truth behind that?

I'm just picturing Heisenberg sitting in front of three red phones: Source 1 ("bigsy"), source 2 & source 3 ("9TF")!

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Do you not understand that more accurate lighting and a higher resolution render target are BIG differences? That's like you saying a game at 1080p looks the same as a game at 4k. That's preposterous!

The fact that I had gone into detail about my statement and that it went right over your head tells me that I need to ignore this..

This shows right here that you don't know anything about how a game improves over it's life cycle. Those 2 things you mentioned are the most influential things you can do to a game to make it look significantly better than the previous iterations. You guys are going off of artistic judgements instead of the tech, so I'm out of here..

I didn't say 1080p is the same as 4k , your example is just off the road .. and I know things I said are important that's why I said them .. but claiming that HZD 1 could look better than 2 on ps5 ! .. I didn see you talking about that or did these two things I mentioned are going to push the base of HZD1 and make a whole new different game ! NO SIR

you are wrong ..

Soadi

It's not your fault we are just anxious because we are getting a f logo instead of high end announcements/trailers for the upcoming next-gen and some teraflops. Can't wait till E3, will not make it.

Ruben43cb

Actually don't know I'm just tired of it being discussed since a lot of sources/rumours going around. I'm just prepared to get my jaw dropped for some nice quality games.

Haha I dont know either. I guess if they launch late oct/early nov we still have 9 mths to go.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This shows right here that you don't know anything about how a game improves over it's life cycle. Those 2 things you mentioned are the most influential things you can do to a game to make it look significantly better than the previous iterations. You guys are going off of artistic judgements instead of the tech, so
Those can also be the difference between two different ports in the same generation.

Ruben43cb

If the 2080ti is around 14 tflops... how are these machines going to push 12? Is it because of the integrated hardware etc? Sorry if stupid Q. Just seems the 2080ti itself would take up 60% of the xsx box haha

pawel86ck

Banned
And you stating the PC is only 15% better is throwing out imaginary numbers.
Yes, these numbers are totally made up, because it's impossible to measure something like graphics differences :) . I just wanted to ilustrate differences arnt that big.

I have never been a game developer insomuch as I haven't written a game.
I'm not doubting you have knowledge about programing like very few people, but I still think game developers are forced to make different compromises. You say developers already have much higher quality assets, and I believe you, because it's pure common sense to make highest quality assets possible and then scale everything down to each platform. However for some reason most PC ports arnt using that much better assets (at least from my perspective, because as I can see for you even small differences are big). For example many PS4 ports have blurry textures there and there and I cant believe these textures were so blurry originally. Maybe it takes too much time to replace all assets with higher quality ones (and time equals money) but were are not getting them anyway on PC.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
and we will probably see a lot of that from the 34% of developer working on games targeting current and next gen
That is true sadly.
But as of yet, we don't know what next gen "really" looks like.
People think they do, but they don't
Even early Next-Gen games won't be an indication.
It is usually the second wave of games that show what Next-Gen can bring us.

VFXVeteran VFXVeteran I would just ignore these people. No matter what you say, its not gonna stop.

I would quite frankly be amazed if Nvidia managed to make the 3080 Ti ...~70-80% faster than the 2080 Ti. If they go straight to producing titanic 700mm2 GPU's on N7 they might be able to pull it off. But N7 has hilariously expensive wafers, and even the high yields won't be able to do shit for how expensive that shit will be. If its that fast, its gonna cost that much more.

ethomaz

Banned
VFXVeteran VFXVeteran I would just ignore these people. No matter what you say, its not gonna stop.

I would quite frankly be amazed if Nvidia managed to make the 3080 Ti ...~70-80% faster than the 2080 Ti. If they go straight to producing titanic 700mm2 GPU's on N7 they might be able to pull it off. But N7 has hilariously expensive wafers, and even the high yields won't be able to do shit for how expensive that shit will be. If its that fast, its gonna cost that much more.
You can expect at least 30-40% imo.

Did any of those demos mention the platform they were running on? Are those demos cutscenes or actual gameplay?

It's 2013 all over again huh?

TBF Project:Mara is looking like a small-scale game, like P.T was on PS4, so on that small a scale they should be able to easily get those kind of graphics in-game.

If it were some open-world sprawling epic, OTOH, I'd probably be a bit more skeptical. Dunno where the other gifs are from except maybe one being from Hellblade 2, which was already mentioned to be in-engine.

kretos

Banned
Osiris never said the superman was exclusive. I’m guessing they have marketing rights or some kind of dlc exclusive.

Also heisen said his sources are in the 11-12, only 1 of his source is in the 9tf.

Superman game? what did i miss here, can you link to that post please

demigod

Superman game? what did i miss here, can you link to that post please

ANIMAL1975

Your list of improvements looks impressive on paper, however most of the time I have to use screenshot comparsion in order to see these small differences between PC and PS4/P games. That's not the case when it comes to lets say GTA5 port on PC, because this particular game looks like it was made with next generation hardware in mind compared to x360/PS3 version. The difference in assets quality, grass density, LOD, and lighting is just HUGE. Even my sister (a totall casual) could tell the difference.

When it comes to Detroit, PC version looks just a little bit better overall compared to PS4 version, but improvement isnt nearly as big compared to what Rockstar did with GTA5. So why you have changed your mind? When Detroit was PS4 exclusive game looked unimpressive to you, but now when PC version looks maybe 15% better (improved SRR reflection and AO and shadows resolution) you finally say it's one of the most impressive looking games? I have already asked you this question, but for some reason you are avoiding answering it.

I know you worked in the movie industry and you also build rockets, however you never wrote you have experience as game developer.

I'm not trolling you and in fact I'm not even disrespecting you like some people here (and especially on ERA). I'm just asking obvious questions when your opinions are clearly wrong. Before you ridiculed people who expected 1080ti level of performance (even when 5700XT was already out) and now you are also saying we should expect 1080ti. Man from my perspective it looks like you are the one who is trolling us, not the other way around.
He can't be trolling, i heard even his rockets are ultra max settings 340fps

“On next gen i can say they are pretty much same and thats good. PS5 SSD is kinda faster but i assume thats for some OS feature that is not available to us currently. No worries they are light years of ahead any game on PC or any other machines .”

Fuck me if that isn't someone from here to fuch around with VFX 🤣🤣🤣🤣epic!

Edit: reveal yourself you you

Last edited:
I can’t wait for the meltdowns when PS Meeting 2020 comes and we don’t get TF numbers. I don’t think we got that info at the 2013 meeting.

kretos

Banned

well i hope if there is actually a superman game and MS got it exclusively it will still be released on PC

Disco_

If the 2080ti is around 14 tflops... how are these machines going to push 12? Is it because of the integrated hardware etc? Sorry if stupid Q. Just seems the 2080ti itself would take up 60% of the xsx box haha

NVIDIA uses 1545mhz boost clock to come to their 13.5Tf number. In reality the card sits at >2000mhz with gpu boost enabled. It's a >17Tf card with no work done by the user other than clicking a button.

Ruben43cb

NVIDIA uses 1545mhz boost clock to come to their 13.5Tf number. In reality the card sits at >2000mhz with gpu boost enabled. It's a >17Tf card with no work done by the user other than clicking a button.
Thank you! So 3080ti will likely hit above 20tf. I am thinking of waiting for that before building my next gen pc.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
no, its a 5x increase. PS3 (230 gflops) to PS4 (1840 gflops) was an 8x increase. and yes, gcn flops were far more powerful than rsx gflops which was a notoriously bad gpu. the 1.3 tflops x1 is 5x more powerful than the 360 gpu which was 250 gflops. and look at how that turned out. a 720p machine at launch with CoD and BF4 running at 720p, imagine PS5 games launching at 1080p in order to deliver next gen graphics. 5x is simply not enough. And FYI, GCN had major improvements over the arch the xbox 360 gpu was built on. no one bothered to add that up and say but what about performance in Terascale FLOPS!!!

And this gen didnt even have a SSD or a CPU upgrade. nothing too taxing for the GPU to render. no physics, no destruction, no fast travel while ingame like the ssd should allow next gen. no resource hogs like ray tracing. every tflop is going to matter. they need a gpu even more powerful than what they could afford for $399 on 2013.

5x increase? What are you smoking?

its 1.8 GCN vs a potential 9.2 RDNA. How is that 5x? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom