• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
People deserve a better tomorrow, today.

Why, with the riddles!

Oc4ydOa.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
People deserve a better tomorrow, today.
Ground Hog Day: The Video Game

Bill Murray wakes up and realizes the day isn't reversing anymore. He's somehow still alive at the age of 70. Former half-milf Andie McDowell wakes up beside him and notices the wrinkles on her face wont go away like the other times.

Both people think each other is ugly.

Help Bill feel good about his senior citizen self by showing him pics of Dan Aykroyd who gained 50 pounds, Harold Ramis died and Ernie Hudson hasn;t done anything notable in 30 years.

For Andie, your task is to convince her to use her last remaining dollars on face surgery.

If you can convince both people they feel better and they look good enough to have sex with each other, you win the game.

Chronos24

All I'm seeing is some random dude sitting in front of his computer laughing his ass off at all the fake insider trolling he's doing. This riddle bull crap needs to stop and we really need to stop giving people like that attention. I feel like what BGs said is about as truthful as possible for what a possibly legit insider would say but everyone else has been so cryptic honestly what's the point other than just an attention grab.

JLB

Banned
Does anyone have any thoughts either way about Sony having a Super Bowl commercial, showing off the box and giving some sort of date, like the conference date?

IIRC Sony has ads almost every year this Gen.
TLOU2 is harder to show due to violence and whatnot.

please dont give ideas to quality leakers

Disco_

Yeah but it was still tested in June/July. And even then AMD shouldn’t be still testing in June/July after the devkits had already been distributed by Sony.

None of it make sense.

Ariel was not tested in july. Oberon was tested against ariel's previous data IIRC. It was oberon mem bandwidth vs ariel's theoretical bandwidth.

schaft0620

If there's nothing in February, ole Klee will lose his credibility...
The fake insiders are just going to say, "I heard they moved it because x game needed more time." Of course, it will be more specific than that, while still being vague.

"Horizon Zero Dawn 2 wasn't hitting 60fps in the demo so they had to keep pushing it back. My sources were right they just had to move it."

Helios13

Neo Member
Aww Tommy.... never change. Never cha... actually change Tommy... Change into someone who doesn’t speak in mythic riddles which in the end lead to us just being annoyed at more trolling.

Also, quoting Nancy Pelosi??
I'm also tired of the trolling, I just want some actual infor from a legit source.

Also, Do you have an issue with Nancy?

Banned
So PS5 still at 9.2TF?

I bet it will be

the 9TF range is the one most likely for a console priced $399
at a 12TF range even $499 would be a low estimate IMO

so the question we really have to ask is do we think MS and Sony will go for a high price that gets close to the feared $599 or go for what worked last time, $399

last time around the $399 PS4 had a GPU inside that was at the level of a $200 AMD Card of the same architecture.
now we also have to think about the "ultra fast" SSDs and raytracing hardware that will be in these consoles... so a $200 Graphics Card equivalent is actually the best they can go for in a mainstream console price range.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm also tired of the trolling, I just want some actual infor from a legit source.

Also, Do you have an issue with Nancy?

By asking if someone quoted her? So, by your logic, if a person quotes a person, they have an issue with the person being quoted? Interesting.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I bet it will be

so the question we really have to ask is do we think MS and Sony will go for a high price that gets close to the feared $599 or go for what worked last time, $399

last time around the $399 PS4 had a GPU inside that was at the level of a $200 AMD Card of the same architecture.
now we also have to think about the "ultra fast" SSDs and raytracing hardware that will be in these consoles... so a $200 Graphics Card equivalent is actually the best they can go for in a mainstream console price range.
What kind of PC card can we get for $200 for 2020?

Banned
What kind of PC card can we get for $200 for 2020?

prices of current cards will go down so we could get one at ~9TF is my bet. even the best AMD cards on the market barely cross the 9TF line

an RX5700 is still more than $300 and at base clocks that's an ~8.5TF card

Last edited:
All I'm seeing is some random dude sitting in front of his computer laughing his ass off at all the fake insider trolling he's doing. This riddle bull crap needs to stop and we really need to stop giving people like that attention. I feel like what BGs said is about as truthful as possible for what a possibly legit insider would say but everyone else has been so cryptic honestly what's the point other than just an attention grab.
This is why i advocate for banning so called insiders from this thread that continues to post cryptic rubbish. If you don't have anything useful to add then kindly fuck off. Everyone here is eager to hear any next gen news or snippets and people like Tommy is taking advantage of it.

Helios13

Neo Member
By asking if someone quoted her? So, by your logic, if a person quotes a person, they have an issue with the person being quoted? Interesting.
I kinda feel like you were reading a bit too much into it, or maybe I just suck. Either way, I feel like I could be an "insider" with just a little creativity.

Darklor01

I kinda feel like you were reading a bit too much into it, or maybe I just suck. Either way, I feel like I could be an "insider" with just a little creativity.

Or I personally know you and since you were just fucking with me I decided to fuck with you :)

Gamernyc78

Banned
Who says PS5 will be in a small form factor? Kind of volume like original "fat" PlayStation 3 at least.

BTW, Bluepoint's next project gonna be a remaster/remake of much more ancient title than the 2009 one. You actually don't need to remaster/remake a title when you're doing something far more ambitious in the same universe/setting with a sequel!

So your saying not Demon Souls remaster but Kings field? 🤔

I bet it will be

I think somewhere in between the $449 and $599 is what's on Sony's plate right now planing for the launch 10 months from now. I'm not completely convinced that the final specs are etched in stone at the moment, but others more knowledgeable on the hardware side than I am can shed some light on the issue. Honestly, I don't think Sony nor MS will ever announce what TF range will be in their next-gen system. It will be up to others to figure that out once the systems are released. There will be so much more than TFs, like the controllers for their SSDs and ray-tracing hardware, as you have already pointed out.

This is why i advocate for banning so called insiders from this thread that continues to post cryptic rubbish. If you don't have anything useful to add then kindly fuck off. Everyone here is eager to hear any next gen news or snippets and people like Tommy is taking advantage of it.

Tommy is the only person here who has provided accurate xbox info about what is going on. At least for me.

The 90% of all conversations in this post are trivial or off topic anyway.

Edited for the posterity :)

Last edited:

Darklor01

In all seriousness .. I’ve been thinking. What if there is no “event” but rather Sony releases a recorded “show” about the PS5. No need for invites or anything. Just, put it out there.

The other thought I had was ... what if the don’t want to talk specs and yet also don’t have enough PS5 games to show off content from yet or other types of info to share to fill a steamed show or proper event. If that were the case, you would hear nothing and see nothing until maybe March, April or May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom