• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfChaos

Full BC yes but you can Expect only a few titles will be compatible from the Start! Also they will find a way to charge money for that feature, where ms will provide it for free.

Ripping of the customers is there business model &philosophy

So the former, trying to get a rise out of people.
"The PS5 will be fully backwards compatible with the PS4" doesn't leave much wiggle room.

Alright, no more quoting the thread derailer on my part.

stetiger

this thread started out wonderfully and devolved into the most disillusioned thread on the web in a matter of days. I like the conversation better when we look at things rationally. 400mm2 APUs are not happening. I will my hat if they do and buy two ps5. 10.7TF min 12TF max.

Geki-D

Banned
Guys, Farrell55 is obviously trolling, he is fishing for a tag or something. I can't believe you guys fell for it 🤣
Yeah, he set his avatar to Phil Spencer. This is clearly someone on an alt account, though I'm calling Poe's law just in case; seen some Xbox fanboys on GAF before who were legit in their acting like him. They generally get banned pretty fast.

Either way, I doubt he'll get a tag, just banned within the next week or 2 for console warz.

Last edited:

Farrell55

Banned
Yeah, he set his avatar to Phil Spencer. This is clearly someone on an alt account, though I'm calling Poe's law just in case; seen some Xbox fanboys on GAF before who were legit in their acting like him. They generally get banned pretty fast.

Either way, I doubt he'll get a tag, just banned within the next week or 2 for console warz.
Nobody needs a Tag here calm down guys... im not a fanboy i like playstation as much as i love xbox or Nintendo proud to be a VideoGameFan!

And thank you Sir for wishing me to get banned

Full BC yes but you can Expect only a few titles will be compatible from the Start! Also they will find a way to charge money for that feature, where ms will provide it for free.

Ripping of the customers is there business model &philosophy

You will get full BC with PS4 and it will be without patches.

If you have to issue a patch to a game it will require new or existing licences to be renegotiated. For example, think of car or music licences in Gran Turismo. The term of the licence would likely include the game platform and an expiry date.

All of these would be invalid on the PS5. No one is renegotiating anything like that. The rights owner may have changed or a million other reasons why you don't want to open that can of worms. They will likely want more money for one!

So you will get patchless, free, works for all BC as standard.

The recent patent shows exactly how they expect to handle this without human intervention/patching. Offline a BC program will determine the best BC config for every title and then only each config is required for any title on the PS5. New titles can easily be added prior to release as part of the TRC process.

Last edited:

Farrell55

Banned
You will get fu!l BC with PS4 and it will be without patches.

If you have to issue a patch to a game it will require new or existing licences to be renegotiated. For examp!e, think of car or music licences in Gran Turismo. The term of the license would likely include the game platform and an expiry date.

All of these would be invalid on the PS5. No one is renegotiating anything like that. The rights owner may have changed or a million other reasons why you don't want to open that can of worms. They will likely want more.money for one!

So you will get patchless, free, works for all BC as standard.

The recent patent shows.exactly how they expect to handle this without human intervention/patching. Offline.get a BC program to determine to best BC config for every title and then only each config is required for any title on the PS5. New.titles can easily be added.prior.to.release as.part of the TRC process.
I thought its Not easy this way Because of ps4's low level API

Geki-D

Banned
And thank you Sir for wishing me to get banned
I don't "wish" anything. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I don't know what it is recently; neo members, English clearly not their first language, the most dogmatic Xbox fanboy stuff to a point of being parody, posts nearly only console warz stuff, always hates Sony... Is there just one guy behind this who keeps making new accounts? Because it keeps happening.

Last edited:

Farrell55

Banned
I don't "wish" anything. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I don't know what it is recently; neo members, English clearly not their first language, the most dogmatic Xbox fanboy stuff to a point of being parody, posts nearly only console warz stuff, always hates Sony... Is their just one guy behind this who keeps making new accounts? Because it keeps happening.
Sorry but that sounds like a conspiracy theory

anyway half of the people here have another first language than english

TBiddy

I don't "wish" anything. I'm just pointing out the obvious. I don't know what it is recently; neo members, English clearly not their first language, the most dogmatic Xbox fanboy stuff to a point of being parody, posts nearly only console warz stuff, always hates Sony... Is there just one guy behind this who keeps making new accounts? Because it keeps happening.

There's no doubt that the member in question is an alt, trying to troll. On the other hand, we have established members who manage to post almost the same amount of non-sense every day in these threads. I'm not sure which is worse, actually.

Geki-D

Banned
There's no doubt that the member in question is an alt, trying to troll. On the other hand, we have established members who manage to post almost the same amount of non-sense every day in these threads. I'm not sure which is worse, actually.
True, though at least the newer ones are getting swatted down. But as you say, there are some older members who I guess the mods have just accepted have a role here to post petty console warz stuff all the time (some literally have tags implying such).

Last edited:

Farrell55

Banned
I am bullied here, unfortunately here are not open-minded people

what about freedom of speach
you dont like that...? And wishing me to get banned

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
But... at what costs....
The list of reasons PS3 was expensive is long, but I don't think the cooling system was ever on that list. High power-use envelope was always part of its design, long before things went sideways and they started doing radical late-changes to the hardware that inflated the cost.

Farrell55

Banned
The list of reasons PS3 was expensive is long, but I don't think the cooling system was ever on that list. High power-use envelope was always part of its design, long before things went sideways and they started doing radical late-changes to the hardware that inflated the cost.
Im sure ps3 cooling System was more costly (also superior) then the ps4 one, but thats right the list is long cell blu ray xdr...

LordOfChaos

The level of a GTX 1080 is perfect for the next generation in my opinion to not exceed $499.

8 core Zen 2 has a 32MB L3 cache, holy. We're coming up from zero L3 cache and 4MB of shared L2 (2MB per 4 core CCX) in the PS4/XBO

I like how their solution to cross CCX communication limiting maximum game framerates was "well, we'll just double the caches everywhere" lol.

We're coming a loong way from Jaguar and even over Ryzen where max framerates suffered vs Intel, this should allow a lot more high framerate games, but as every generation it's always the devs choice where to apply the extra power.

Last edited:

Farrell55

Banned
8 core Zen 2 has a 32MB L3 cache, holy. We're coming up from zero L3 cache and 4MB of shared L2 (2MB per 4 core CCX) in the PS4/XBO

I like how their solution to cross CCX communication limiting maximum game framerates was "well, we'll just double the caches everywhere" lol
Also with that huge amount of cache latency from the unified main ram become less a problem

Farrell55

Banned

I like how their solution to cross CCX communication limiting maximum game framerates was "well, we'll just double the caches everywhere" lol.

We're coming a loong way from Jaguar and even over Ryzen where max framerates suffered vs Intel, this should allow a lot more high framerate games, but as every generation it's always the devs choice where to apply the extra power.
Btw is it possible for sony to use a cut down Version from zen2 with only 16mb cache, because of yield and to work more cost effective?

All the rumors of ps5 being 14+tf... sony fans will get very dissapointment

How will sony managed to cool that, its absolutely not possible, a 100 maybe 120w soc is the best we can expect in the case of sony
!

What? are you serious or simply trolling?!
They don't need to cool anything...
.... have you don't [know] "hear" that ps4 and ps4pro are working without a cooling system and the fans are happy.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

Evilms

Banned

Here we go
giphy.gif

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Gamers need to put pressure on devs for "Performance" and "Image Quality" modes. For me at least, going past 1440p there's diminishing returns, but 60fps is a tangible improvement to gameplay experience.

Difficult to see the nextbox launching without halo infinite as a launch title in holiday 2020.

So I guess we're adding beaten to market to the list of xbox achievements too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom