• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
its funny how our definitions of "low" differ so much.
now go on, keep ridiculing everything xbox and praising everything sony.

Who’s doing this though? Sony fans are complaining quite rightly about the radio silence on pricing and release date. It’s all over this thread.

But when Xbox puts out godawful tweets, we are bound to rip it to shreds.

I think you’re happily ignoring all the shit being chucked Sony’s way for being so quiet, just because you have an agenda to protect Xbox.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
And PSNow has better games? Sony first-party games aren't even on the service for a long period of time.

Like I say the fact is Game Pass has a lot more developer interest and mindshare, that's a fact. Long term wise it will likely be bigger than PSNow, unless Sony gets PSNow moving. Sony's lack of commitment is exactly why PSNow has been falling behind Game Pass in terms of getting new content and expanding to new areas and markets.

Heck PSNow launched first and they let Microsoft overtake them.

Why would they even care about changing it if they've sold 1.4 billion games that they have 30-100% share of them? Debt will accumulate even more than you expect and it'll eventually kill the Xbox as a division. The smartest cloud service I think the nvidia type that you play the games you've already purchased, but even that isn't working yet.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Why would they even care about changing it if they've sold 1.4 billion games that they have 30-100% share of them? Debt will accumulate even more than you expect and it'll eventually kill the Xbox as a division. The smartest cloud service I think the nvidia type that you play the games you've played, but even that isn't working yet.

PlayStation profits last quarter were the same as Xbox revenue.

I don’t think they honestly care about PSNow or GamePass that much.

This may change of course, but there’s no evidence to suggest subscription or streaming services are anywhere near troubling retail game sales as the primary source of income.

Last edited:
Who’s doing this though? Sony fans are complaining quite rightly about the radio silence on pricing and release date. It’s all over this thread.

But when Xbox puts out godawful tweets, we are bound to rip it to shreds.

I think you’re happily ignoring all the shit being chucked Sony’s way for being so quiet, just because you have an agenda to protect Xbox.
How is it a "godawful tweet" the tweet re-affirming that xbox backward compatibility will be broadened and enhanced with machine learning?
Just try to imagine what the reaction would be if it was sony saying that, and maybe you will see my point.

This thread in the last days practically is: "today is the day sony will enlighten our lives", then at the end of each day "tomorrow will be the holy enlightenment day", sprinkled with some xbox trolling and stupid tweets from stupid people.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member

Soony after posting

lalala.jpg

jimbojim

Banned
Sony fans are complaining quite rightly about the radio silence on pricing and release date. It’s all over this thread

Sony should bark left and right like MS? What happened in the end with Phil saying a lot of things? Everything backfired. Sony would say somethinf when the time is right. For now, they are advertising PS5 on ESPN and across the EU.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Both with 14 Gbps. I don't know, but the custom cards may differ?

AnandTech is talking about the FE cards... partners can do lower or higher specs.

ethomaz

Banned
Not even close.

This nowhere near as bad. Halo Infinite looking bad + weak launch lineup is not in the same galaxy of bad as DRM + Mandatory Kinect + 100$ more expensive + weaker hardware + TV TV TV.

Not close at all.
Near launch Xbox One was doing demo of Forza 5, Ryse and Killer Instinct everywhere... the games were the biggest seller of the console that had record sales.

What Xbox Series X has for launch?

Yeap it is way worst than Xbox One... Xbox One launch was good... it sold pretty well in the 13 countries.

Last edited:
is this like a hunch? or you are basing this on something?
I mean, sony being quiet could be a sign of both. either that they are changing their specs (although difficult this late if releasing this year), or that they are shutting up about it in order to not cause more damage.

Wtf do you mean by more damage? o.0

There are no specs being changed now, the console is being manufactured for a few months now. If anything changed, it was months ago.

Sounds more in line with PS Now becoming the de facto solution for old BC rather than being able to use your old discs.

I don't put much credence in rumors these days, but it would make sense. We shall see if HipHopGamer will capitalize on his double down or crash and burn soon enough. I think he was saying full BC not PS Now.

Zoro7

Banned
I’m guessing we aren’t having an event this week coming up. Surely Sony would have announced it like they did last time. This petty price announcement war is getting pretty fucking annoying.

SSfox

Did Sony not outline this EXACTLY during the road to PS5 event?

Cerny and AMD confirmed PS5 RDNA2
Morons: I'm sure it's RDNA1

Cerny said you can use another SSD as an expansion
Morons: You can use as replacement

ImpartialConcreteHyrax-size_restricted.gif

WTF is wrong with people, something confirmed officially from Sony and they're still debating? what the flying fuck?

What next from those haters? Clint Eastwood had never made a western spaghetti Movie? Or Scooby is a cat??

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I would think most if not all Sony WWS game will get a PS5 patch.

I would love patch for some games, including those you mentioned, also RDR2 is one of them.
Didn't someone recently tease that a RDR2 patch was being worked on and revealed at the next event. So many rumours, it's hard to keep up. Plus Rockstar are more likely to just release a new SKU and charge for it 🤷‍♂️

Cerny and AMD confirmed PS5 RDNA2
Morons: I'm sure it's RDNA1

Cerny said you can use another SSD as an expansion
Morons: You can use as replacement

ImpartialConcreteHyrax-size_restricted.gif

WTF is wrong with people, something confirmed officially from Sony and they're still debating? what the flying fuck?

What next from those haters? Clint Eastwood had never made a western spaghetti Movie? Or Scooby is a cat??
These are the "special people" who can't do critical thinking for themselves and have to rely on someone else to think for them. Absolutely sad lads.

SSfox

Didn't someone recently tease that a RDR2 patch was being worked on and revealed at the next event. So many rumours, it's hard to keep up. Plus Rockstar are more likely to just release a new SKU and charge for it 🤷‍♂️

Didn't hear about this rumor, any link?

Last edited:

SSfox

These are the "special people" who can't do critical thinking for themselves and have to rely on someone else to think for them. Absolutely sad lads.

At this point those clown are almost to reveal PS5 price and date, since they seems to know about PS5 better than Sony does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom